Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 11-06-2017, 02:27 PM
Planar Protector

Damn. I spent the day playing Factorio... Sad I missed out on this, as this is the scene I was hoping to experience again. Glad ya'll had a good time though!

-Mcoy
Old 11-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Fire Giant

Would hate crawling NToV each week. Hell even once a month would suck.

Skipping trash and solo pulling dragons the moment they spawn is the reason P99 is fun. Add that in with another guild doing the same thing. Makes for good times. Sure we step on eachothers toes every so often hence this suspension, but at the end of the day, you guys got to enjoy some old school NToV crawl. enjoy some pixels, and enjoy some raiding you dont normally do. And us A/A members got to level alts or play other games

seems like a win win situation to me

more pictures of the CSG clear!
Old 11-06-2017, 02:44 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are you not aware this is like the 50th suspension for AM? Poster simply out of touch? Unaware of past events?
No I just didn't want to re-hash old shit.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:49 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Vulak drops some bomb gear, i'd bat phone for that shit.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:51 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rygar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would propose setting 1 month or possible 2 separate months of the year aside for a NToV crawl that is rotated
Wedar is volunteering to lead two NToV crawls a year!

He just has to start by logging on P99 twice a year
Old 11-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gave up trying to decipher this gibberish.

Anyway, the C in CSG stands for Casual. Most of the CSG players are casual players (including myself), which means that EQ is not our #1 priority in life. We have things like jobs, families, friends.

We value life more than the pathetic pixels you dedicated your life to.

Now you can close the forums and go commit more years to get pixels you don't need trying to impress people you don't like.
you seem pretty dedicated to have over a thousand posts in this forum and to have a character thats dedicated to raid content on 17 year old elf simulator on a dead end server. i think you're using casual as an excuse for lack of experience.
Old 11-06-2017, 02:55 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Skipping trash and solo pulling dragons the moment they spawn is the reason P99 is fun. Add that in with another guild doing the same thing. Makes for good times. Sure we step on eachothers toes every so often hence this suspension, but at the end of the day, you guys got to enjoy some old school NToV crawl. enjoy some pixels, and enjoy some raiding you dont normally do. And us A/A members got to level alts or play other games

I agree, it's fun to see Awakened/Aftermath out in the wild. Yesterday, Fifield (AM) and I (Awakened) with Huflungpoo (Anonymous) got the chance to help an Auld Lang player finish her 8th ring.

Anyone in Awakened/Aftermath really loves this game and the content. Sure, the pixels help motivate some players but people who only care about pixels never survive in an era where certain BIS items don't even drop for Awakened/Aftermath for months at a time. In an era where group content items like 9th Ring are better than almost all of NTOV's rings drops. On a server where choosing to avoid competitive raiding frees up a ton of time for other cool stuff.

So yeah, grats everyone on your pixels!
Old 11-06-2017, 02:57 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fifield [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Skipping trash and solo pulling dragons the moment they spawn is the reason P99 is fun.
This seems like a serious statement, makes me sad really. I don't think that is what Nilbog had in mind when he started this project, was more to recreate the nostalgia of EQ. Dragon life spans of 10 minutes just sucks due to wall staring. Wish there were bag limits on raid targets to prevent such content prevention.

I do zone line pulls in the Hole for epic mobs for guildies and occasional cash, but damn. This is making me feel dirty... no more.
Old 11-06-2017, 03:14 PM
Banned

Quote:

You take your level-headed and reasonable response and get the hell out here
Old 11-06-2017, 03:23 PM
Kobold

Congrats guys!

Byel- 60th level Magician of <Asgard>
Kimboh- 46th level Monk of <Asgard>
Closed Thread