Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2021, 09:00 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do I do if they don't invite me though? That's the whole crux of all of this, you can want to raid all you want and be willing to work hard but you're still at the mercy of the top guilds being willing to even invite you or not. Having a monthly open raid will give folks the opportunity even when guild politics don't work out.
I can assure you that you can get into any guild you want. Just ask people in that guild
Old 08-31-2021, 09:21 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can assure you that you can get into any guild you want. Just ask people in that guild
I guess I'll be back and let you know how my attempts at joining Seal Team go, hehe.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:34 PM
Kobold

Ohf.
Old 08-31-2021, 09:44 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I guess I'll be back and let you know how my attempts at joining Seal Team go, hehe.
Tunabros is completely right. They are not selective. No guild is particularly selective about inviting. I think the main requirement for joining any guild is behaving in a friendly manner and not embarrassing the guild with public faux pas, uninvited political discussion, or emotional outbursts out of proportion to the matters at hand.

I think you can get an invite to any guild and just follow their rules to avoid being kicked out.

Some guilds, including ST, do require you to meet certain requirements to actually get raid loot, however. Raid attendance rate might be part of that.

As for my guild, <Castle> still raids PoFear and PoHate once a week. We also do Velious content. And DN isn't really a raid zone; more of a zone for 60s to group in.
Old 08-31-2021, 10:00 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Videri [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Tunabros is completely right. They are not selective. No guild is particularly selective about inviting. I think the main requirement for joining any guild is behaving in a friendly manner and not embarrassing the guild with public faux pas, uninvited political discussion, or emotional outbursts out of proportion to the matters at hand.

I think you can get an invite to any guild and just follow their rules to avoid being kicked out.

Some guilds, including ST, do require you to meet certain requirements to actually get raid loot, however. Raid attendance rate might be part of that.

As for my guild, <Castle> still raids PoFear and PoHate once a week. We also do Velious content. And DN isn't really a raid zone; more of a zone for 60s to group in.
Maybe things are different now. Maybe I'm just scarred by my experiences way back in the day, with early live EQ / WoW, where I'd attempt to join guilds that looked cool only to be turned away. Even happened once in real life when a guild on my server had a meetup/barbecue in the park. I'm just used to guilds being extremely selective and elitist toward those that aren't already a part of their circles. It's just really depressing and I have still yet to find a good home.

Can promise that I've never done any of what you mentioned, nor do I have any intention to. I'm just not the most socially adept person I suppose and I struggle to make meaningful connections with people.

But yup, as I said we'll see how it goes.
Old 08-31-2021, 10:11 PM
Banned

Quote:
Maybe things are different now. Maybe I'm just scarred by my experiences way back in the day, with early live EQ / WoW, where I'd attempt to join guilds that looked cool only to be turned away. Even happened once in real life when a guild on my server had a meetup/barbecue in the park. I'm just used to guilds being extremely selective and elitist toward those that aren't already a part of their circles. It's just really depressing and I have still yet to find a good home.

Can promise that I've never done any of what you mentioned, nor do I have any intention to. I'm just not the most socially adept person I suppose and I struggle to make meaningful connections with people.

But yup, as I said we'll see how it goes.
why would you join a guild you would have "no chance" getting into in the first place

when you mentioned about live eq/wow?

Not all servers is filled with hardcore competitive guilds
Old 08-31-2021, 10:19 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
why would you join a guild you would have "no chance" getting into in the first place
Because at the time I thought they were cool folks, for one reason or another. I'd see them doing neat and fun things, like doing awesome in-game stuff or hosting RL events, so I'd speak up and ask them to join. I figured spending the day with them, having park fun and building a face to face in-person rapport would have gotten me considered for an invite once we got back to our computers.

(For the record, this wasn't a hardcore guild or anything, just a random group of folks on the Solusek Ro server that happened to live closeby enough to hold a RL event like that)

Younger me was more outspoken and enthusiastic about that sort of thing. Older me struggles to come out of the protective shell it built around itself as a result of all that rejection, and just wishes there was a way to play the game without being reliant on having the exact correct connections on the server.
Last edited by tadkins; 08-31-2021 at 10:21 PM..
Old 08-31-2021, 10:27 PM
Banned

I got invited at level 42 into a fairly well known guild at the time. Was pretty excited considering I had done nothing special to warrant an invite other than existing. Saw them raid PoSky that weekend and thought “hey, in a year’s time and ~15ish levels, that could be me up there in the sky”

Yeah now I’m the only one online in the guild ever. Now I realize they musta been hurting to invite random level 40’s lol. Ah well
Old 08-31-2021, 10:37 PM
Fire Giant

Look up Gathered Might, We will gladly show peeps planes and raids. We raid tue/thur/sunday evening plus randomly
Mama Vinelsier Lepermesiah Server 1st 60 Grave Lord(And only The Grave Lord)//Resilak 50 Monk//Tenchi Masaki 50 Wizard//Jaskieer 48 Bard// Heeheehee Teeheehee 57 Mage// Belll Cranel 50 Monkdrackgon 54 rogue, Cuddlezzz 60 shaman
RIP<Gathered Might>
Old 08-31-2021, 11:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsunghero [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I got invited at level 42 into a fairly well known guild at the time. Was pretty excited considering I had done nothing special to warrant an invite other than existing. Saw them raid PoSky that weekend and thought “hey, in a year’s time and ~15ish levels, that could be me up there in the sky”

Yeah now I’m the only one online in the guild ever. Now I realize they musta been hurting to invite random level 40’s lol. Ah well
It hurts when that happens. I've had a couple of good guilds like that in WoW that I thought would be my forever home, that still end up going on hiatus or falling apart for some other reason.

But yup I had finally gotten my first 46+ character a while back, thinking "oh cool now I finally get to see some planes!" only to find out Velious was coming out and my current guild was not going to do them anymore. Not to mention the bar was raised to 55+ for Velious raids. It was like "c'mon now! Can't seem to win lol".

Quote:
Originally Posted by drackgon [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Look up Gathered Might, We will gladly show peeps planes and raids. We raid tue/thur/sunday evening plus randomly
Sending you a PM.
Closed Thread