Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 02-08-2024, 07:27 PM
Large Rat

Default eqgame not found

Hi and thanks for reading.

I click on "Launch Titanium" but I get an error message, "Windows cannot find "eqgame". Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again".

Any ideas how to fix this?

Thanks in advance.
Old 02-08-2024, 08:56 PM
Planar Protector

Edit the properties of your shortcut to launch titanium and change the "start in" field to be your EQ directory.

Don't install under program files.

-Mcoy
Old 02-08-2024, 09:47 PM
Large Rat

Mcoy,

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm fumbling through but one thing I noticed there is no Everquest.exe. I have it as C:\EQEmu and the shortcut as "C:\EQEmu\Launch Titanium.bat"

I think I screwed something up. I have been on P1999 before but that was awhile ago. Maybe a bad download of the game files?
Old 02-09-2024, 08:43 AM
Planar Protector

You're good with eqgame.exe. Your shortcut should have a "start in" field. Make sure that's defined as your install location - C:\EQEmu.

I'd throw you a screenshot but my windows box kicked the bucket and I haven't replaced it yet. I'm stuck on just the steam deck for now.

Here's another post I found with a quick search thanks to Drumas:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashintar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You were asked for a path, if you chose the default (see my first screen shot) then try creating a shortcut, for the target put:
"C:\Program Files(x86)\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe" patchme

and start in put:
"C:\Program Files(x86)\Sony\EverQuest"

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

However to save yourself some trouble down the road, you may want to consider copying your \Sony\EverQuest directory and pasting it somewhere such as the root of your C drive. So it would be at c:\Sony\Everquest. If you choose to do that then make sure your target path is:

C:\Sony\EverQuest\eqgame.exe patchme

and your start in path is
C:\Sony\EverQuest
Hopefully this helps you see what I'm talking about. Keep your install out of program files (like you've already done). Just edit the properties to tell it where to find eqgame.exe by defining the "start in" field.

-Mcoy