Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2011, 11:37 PM
Fire Giant

Default AC vs HP on P99

I was hoping to start a thread that had nothing to do with drama. Discuss what you guys think compared to live, and maybe someone can act like yoda from TheSteelWarrior.whatever and give us some parse numbers?
Old 09-11-2011, 11:42 PM
Kobold

gonna post before someone posts that no longer plays and wants his 2cents in
Old 09-12-2011, 06:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matalus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
gonna post before someone posts that no longer plays and wants his 2cents in
got me.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Aviak

I know 5hp=1ac during luclin+ eras, but not certain about how that works this early in the game.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:48 AM
Sarnak

No one has done this for P99, and anything you see at this point is likely wrong anyway. Damage formulae have changed over the last couple (few?) patches.

My own feeling on the subject, having not gathered enough math behind it, is that AC doesn't work nearly the way it did on Live. Knights tank as well as warriors on P99 for the most part. AC formulae were part of the warrior's distinct advantage for raid encounters on Live. Paladins and SKs just couldn't cut it for quite a while, but they have no problem doing so on P99. YMMV. Maybe one day, I'll actually collect the data to refute this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:53 AM
Project Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdawg06 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I know 5hp=1ac
Never heard this before in my life. I think 7 agi = 1 ac (?), or something close to it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alkorin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Knights tank as well as warriors on P99 for the most part.
Working as intended.. right?. AC is ac, hp are hp. Warriors made better tanks later on from hate proccing weapons, discs, AAs. Correct me if I'm wrong, I played a paladin and not a warrior.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:56 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Knights tank as well as warriors on P99 for the most part
That's how it should be. Warriors were never more than a few meager percent ahead of knights in raw tanking power. It's pretty much just defensive discipline that sets them apart in that regard.

Quote:
Never heard this before in my life. I think 7 agi = 1 ac (?), or something close to it.
He probably means the unofficial rule of how much AC is worth when judging gear.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:01 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think he was referring to a certain rule of thumb that people would follow when determining if you how much of one stat (HP or AC) you should be comfortable giving up in order to realize a gain in the other. For example, losing +30hp from one item in order to get +7ac from another.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilbog [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Working as intended.. right?. AC is ac, hp are hp. Warriors made better tanks later on from hate proccing weapons, discs, AAs. Correct me if I'm wrong, I played a paladin and not a warrior.
Not entirely sure, to be honest. I'd have to go back and check. I wasn't raiding high end content at this point on Live.

I do seem to remember the AC soft caps being drastically different for knights and warriors, even as far back as Classic, but again, I have no definitive source for this at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gratis View Post
Or you people could quit being children and stop treating minor issues as major infractions. There are tons of petitions coming in for reasons that can actually be resolved quickly and don't culminate in a message board brawl by a bunch of adults acting like brats.
Old 09-12-2011, 11:11 AM
Fire Giant

Look here for facts.
Closed Thread