Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Trading Hub

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-17-2018, 05:27 PM
Sarnak

Arrow Circlet of Shadow (Pre-nerf)

Hey folks,

There has been some extremely shady behavior going on related to this particular item. Items which are staples of certain classes should not be held out of reach for those players. This is how we start negatively impacting the server-wide class balance.

What is the reason that the pre-nerf CoS has more than doubled in price over the past couple of months? Simple. There are certain players - and most of you already know them - who have horded this particular item, by buying them in bulk at reasonable prices (10-13k) and then, once nobody else had them, these players worked together to price gouge - and like, ridiculously price gouge. No item should more than double in cost when there have been no changes to the item server-wide. I spoke with one of these price gougers who told me "the rarity on the CoS has gone up," in an effort to justify his price. While this is partly true, the reason for the increase in rarity is also directly due to price gougers hording them. And the increase in price would have been reasonable to maybe 14-15k. However, even that is pushing it if you ask me.

My solution? Simple. You all need to stop paying price gougers what they ask for. The blame for these items selling at over 20k is now entirely upon the consumer for giving in. I saw someone reply to another WTS pre-nerf CoS thread on here, offering 13k. I think the community should come together and continue making public offers at fair prices (10-13k, as it has been for years now) on every single WTS thread you find for this item. Keep letting them know what your offer is and do not budge.

In the meantime, I am working to collect as many pre-nerf CoS's as possible, for the purpose of immediately finding them homes (I am not hording them - they are usually gone within the same hour I get them). That being said, I do have another one now and I am selling it for 13k. How am I ensuring that price gougers do not have access to my supply line? Unfortunately, this is difficult - I will only be selling my CoS's to SK/NEC mains who are level 40+, fully geared, with full spell books. If you have guildies/friends who can vouch for you, I may also ask about that. I will conduct fairly basic background checks on those who PM me for a CoS (both on forums and in-game). This may seem strict, but I refuse to let these go to anyone who intends to resell them for 20k or an even more ridiculous price.

Please feel free to contact me via PM, reply, or you can /tell Octavion in game. We have the power, as a community, to bring the price on this item back down to normal. It is going to take patience on your part, as buyers. Do not give in to these price gougers just because you want the item today. If you do, it will only become more extreme for everyone else and you will run into these same gouged prices on the next item you need. People can only sell items for however much others are willing to pay.

If you are a player in possession of a pre-nerf CoS which you are not currently using, either because you're a returning player, your NEC/SK is collecting dust on the shelf, or whatever the reason is - Contact me and let's work together to find good homes for these items with people who will use them, rather than try to price gouge and hurt the P99 community. I will offer my consignment services without a commission - this means I will find a good home for your unused CoS and you will take 100% of the platinum from the sale.

<3 Oct
#DeathToPriceGougers