Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2019, 10:58 AM
Skeleton

We handled camps on Jboots/guise like this on Veeshan, and it was a great way to do it. Of course, I doubt it would work here because it would require a consensus by all involved, but I'll mention it anyway.

Group 1 breaks camp and establishes a loot order of the mask. Call it 1-6. Mask drops and 1 loots the mask, he then leaves group. He is replaced by a player that is on the waiting list to join group, and that player becomes number six, while 2-6 move up on the list.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:00 AM
Kobold

This is NOT classic but would solve a TON of issues with people fighting over the Big camps (Manastone, DEmask, Jboots, ect) Use Box of Abu-Kar code and just make those items drop off of any mob of that level or greater in the zone at a reduced Rate.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:18 AM
Planar Protector

No to all of the above!

Also none of you will be getting guises/manastones as im unemployed and have no friends and live in my moms basement where she brings me 3 meals a day and i have a toilet built into my gaming chair.
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Old 08-06-2019, 11:20 AM
Orc

You're probably not the only one, so imagine how pissed you'll be if someone else gets there before you and sits on the camp until they stop dropping!
Old 08-06-2019, 12:10 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You also make no sense saying "on Live there was only player A and B, but on p99 there is player C too."
I think Nisrak really explained the "why Green will be different from live" part best:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisrak [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I, personally, never saw this happen on live, possibly because I had no idea what I was doing for the first year of EQ, and I think that's the same for most people. That's really at the heart of how green will be different from live: player knowledge.
And as for the rest ... actual question: how did you even write your reply to my post?

Did you just:
  • A) read part way through the post and get so riled up that you just stopped reading there?
Or did you:
  • B) read my post, decide that parts of it directly contradicted your point, and so you'd rather pretend like I hadn't written those parts, and reply to an imaginary version of my post instead?
Because those are the only two scenarios I can imagine where a competent reader of the English language could go from:

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
C shows up, and wants the camp ... after A finishes, but while B's still doing it. C won't know (or believe) B's claim that it's his, and there's no one to back up B's story up, so C petitions (second interaction).
to:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuranthium [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If player "C" shows up at a camp where A + B are present, then they can clearly see that they would be 3rd on the rotation list. If player A leaves, then player B is still clearly ahead of them on the list. This is not difficult to understand.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:21 PM
Planar Protector

Hey zuranthim you might like this game better
Old 08-06-2019, 01:33 PM
Sarnak

Is there going to be a window when Kunark releases where I'll be able to bind at the firepots?
Old 08-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_demonman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Is there going to be a window when Kunark releases where I'll be able to bind at the firepots?
I almost posted another "have patience" (and wait for the staff announcement) animated gif, and really that's the true correct answer.

However, the very likely answer to "will Green do X?" is to look at what Blue did for X (remember Blue = Beta Green). And here on Blue yes there was a period of time (just as on live) when people could bind at TD firepots, and in fact there are still people on the server bound there to this day.

Presumably ... one would imagine ... Green will do the same.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 08-06-2019, 01:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by red_demonman [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
(I guess lol [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.])
Old 08-06-2019, 01:42 PM
Sarnak

Yeah, thanks for the info. I mean, it it's classic that you could at some point then I would expect it to be. Just wasn't sure if that was ever the case.
Closed Thread