Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-21-2019, 05:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Sound not working all of sudden

So, I went from restarting my game after I couldnt right click to loading the game back up with no sound. I even restarted my PC and it shows on my mixer that there is sound playing but I dont hear it in my headset.
I have a wireless headset as well attached but thing is, It wont even pick up on my main headset but it will pick it up on my wireless.
Last edited by Korrano; 01-21-2019 at 05:10 AM..
Old 01-21-2019, 11:06 AM
Orc

My sound stopping working too but differently. I don't even see EQ application in my sound mixer :S
Old 01-21-2019, 04:53 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daallee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My sound stopping working too but differently. I don't even see EQ application in my sound mixer :S
Have you checked if you unchecked your sound in the options ingame before loading into the game fully?

So far I powered off my PC and cycled the power through and waited an powered my pc, re installed the game and all that still no change.
Last edited by Korrano; 01-21-2019 at 04:59 PM..
Old 01-22-2019, 05:58 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So, I went from restarting my game after I couldnt right click to loading the game back up with no sound. I even restarted my PC and it shows on my mixer that there is sound playing but I dont hear it in my headset.
I have a wireless headset as well attached but thing is, It wont even pick up on my main headset but it will pick it up on my wireless.
I haven't tried a wireless (Bluetooth) headset with my system before so I can't speak to that. However, it sounds like you have two headsets connected, one wired and one wireless. You state that the wireless headset is getting the audio feed but the wired one is not.

I don't believe that the OS can output to two different devices as they are each on their own bus. At least it works that way with my Digital Audio Workstation. I can either have sound go into my DAW hardware and out to my studio monitors or I can have it set to come out my laptop speakers, but not both.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:14 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraythian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I haven't tried a wireless (Bluetooth) headset with my system before so I can't speak to that. However, it sounds like you have two headsets connected, one wired and one wireless. You state that the wireless headset is getting the audio feed but the wired one is not.

I don't believe that the OS can output to two different devices as they are each on their own bus. At least it works that way with my Digital Audio Workstation. I can either have sound go into my DAW hardware and out to my studio monitors or I can have it set to come out my laptop speakers, but not both.
Ive completely disabled the wireless and rebooted and nothing worked so I have to use wireless to be able to listen to ingame volume, I can see the sound is being output on my mixer through my wired headset though so I dunno why its doing that where its only playing on my wireless.
Old 01-22-2019, 06:19 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korrano [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ive completely disabled the wireless and rebooted and nothing worked so I have to use wireless to be able to listen to ingame volume, I can see the sound is being output on my mixer through my wired headset though so I dunno why its doing that where its only playing on my wireless.
Can you post your EverQuest install path?

Did you disable User Account Control in Windows?

Are you running the game as Administrator? (It is Windows after all) Depending on the install path, UAC may be a factor here as running certain apps (my DAW being one of them) as administrator allows access to the Hardware Abstraction Layer for direct hardware access. I'm not sure if this is the scenario that fits your situation.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:26 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraythian [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can you post your EverQuest install path?

Did you disable User Account Control in Windows?

Are you running the game as Administrator? (It is Windows after all) Depending on the install path, UAC may be a factor here as running certain apps (my DAW being one of them) as administrator allows access to the Hardware Abstraction Layer for direct hardware access. I'm not sure if this is the scenario that fits your situation.
C:\Project1999\EverQuest

Nope?

Nope, It says it cant find the game when I do 'launch as administrator'.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-22-2019, 11:30 PM
Orc

Quote:
C:\Project1999\EverQuest

Nope?

Nope, It says it cant find the game when I do 'launch as administrator'.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Create yourself a shortcut and place it on the desktop. Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator. Post results.
Old 01-22-2019, 11:58 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Create yourself a shortcut and place it on the desktop. Right-click on it and select Run as Administrator. Post results.
Same Error.
I launch through the 'Launch Titanium'
Old 01-23-2019, 12:03 AM
Orc

Quote:
Same Error.
I launch through the 'Launch Titanium'
Ok, so it sounds like you use WinEQ2. My reference to the shortcut was to create a shortcut to your eqgame.exe in C:\Project1999\EverQuest.

Do you get sound out of any other application or from music player?