Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2020, 12:33 PM
Sarnak

I only found out about P99 a couple months before green launched, but I made a conscious decision to stay on blue.

Like most of you, I saw a lot of relationships end back in the live days when people got sucked into this game. As a matter of fact, I quit EQ live for good when I met my wife back in 2003 because I knew the 2 were incompatible.

When I found out about P99 last year I made a decision that at no time would I let this game get in the way of my family. I usually wait until the kids are in bed before I even log on, but on the weekends I'll stay logged in all day and xp when I can. Because of this, I don't group. The 2 characters I play are solo only (druid and necro).

Since Blue's been around so long there's lots of things available for sale, which helps my playstyle since a lot of stuff I wouldn't be able to solo until it was of limited use. Now I can save up and buy the stuff I need. If I was on green the inflated prices and scarcity of items would mean it'd be a long time before I geared myself up nicely.

I doubt I'll ever get epics and I'm fine with that. I've just been enjoying the ride so far!

Zipps - 51 HLF Druid <Castle>
Lykosor - 49 DE Necro <Castle>
Aspom - 12 HEF Ranger <Castle>
Slyng - 31 HEF Bard <Castle>
Flecrad - 21 DE Enchanter <Castle>
Lykos - 43 HIE Mage <Castle>
Ribkage - 17 GNM Boneknight <Castle>
Old 03-24-2020, 02:58 PM
Large Bat

In response to Chinetter, does the pool of "players" include the 'fake' toons mostly sitting around at zone entrances/exits that are utilized by whoever has admin. privleges and is harassing players by training hostile mobs to them, sabotoging their input/output (mouse and keyboard entry) in the form of DoS, DDoS or similar attacks? It's not just happening to me. I see it happening to other low-level players and I don't think they are aware. There is at least one individual using various characters strategically placed around the world's zones - some of which are naked with garbage/b.s. names while others are geared and relatively high level - to stalk at least me and one other player that I know of. There's definitely something weird going on and it definitely violates the rules based on what the rules state, unless of course it's one more entities with administrative priveleges or that run the server.
Old 03-24-2020, 03:20 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you're going for that classic loaf of bread experience I can offer you this moldy disgusting loaf of bread that you can definitely eat. It's better than this huge rock over here that's not edible!
Negative nancy over here.

Super ungrateful for the amount of work the developers did to make this server possible.

Be better.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Old 03-24-2020, 03:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspomwell [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I only found out about P99 a couple months before green launched, but I made a conscious decision to stay on blue.

Like most of you, I saw a lot of relationships end back in the live days when people got sucked into this game. As a matter of fact, I quit EQ live for good when I met my wife back in 2003 because I knew the 2 were incompatible.

When I found out about P99 last year I made a decision that at no time would I let this game get in the way of my family. I usually wait until the kids are in bed before I even log on, but on the weekends I'll stay logged in all day and xp when I can. Because of this, I don't group. The 2 characters I play are solo only (druid and necro).

Since Blue's been around so long there's lots of things available for sale, which helps my playstyle since a lot of stuff I wouldn't be able to solo until it was of limited use. Now I can save up and buy the stuff I need. If I was on green the inflated prices and scarcity of items would mean it'd be a long time before I geared myself up nicely.

I doubt I'll ever get epics and I'm fine with that. I've just been enjoying the ride so far!
blue is for the "normal" folk

ive seen a lot of new players on blue - love hooking random newcomers up with an item or two in EC
Old 03-24-2020, 05:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Negative nancy over here.

Super ungrateful for the amount of work the developers did to make this server possible.

Be better.
Ok Pot, I'll quiet my Kettle self down just for you.
Old 03-24-2020, 06:04 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Croco [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ok Pot, I'll quiet my Kettle self down just for you.
The hell? How on Earth is this a pot calling the kettle black situation?

You make zero sense.

Cheers man.

Find me Monday, Wednesday and Friday @ https://www.twitch.tv/elhefe
Last edited by El-Hefe; 03-24-2020 at 06:09 PM..
Old 03-25-2020, 04:17 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by El-Hefe [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The hell? How on Earth is this a pot calling the kettle black situation?

You make zero sense.

Cheers man.
You mean besides the fact that you spent every waking minute from when green was announced as a thing till it came out shit talking every aspect of blue to everyone who would listen?
Old 03-25-2020, 09:36 AM
Banned

Quote:
You mean besides the fact that you spent every waking minute from when green was announced as a thing till it came out shit talking every aspect of blue to everyone who would listen?
this
Old 03-25-2020, 01:54 PM
Sarnak

Blue is a retirement server where people at this point are mostly gentlemen. It's slow moving and really enjoyable for what I'm looking for at the moment. I am part of the lucky few who got to experience the legacy item classic loot without /list and without 1200 people chomping at the bit to get them. I love blue, a lot of us are having fun over here, and no the lower level zones are not dead or devoid of grouping.
Old 03-25-2020, 02:09 PM
Sarnak

No one is using a clicky to reset the GCD on green, people look for a rez at level 20 when they die, people are afraid to go dungeon crawling, you see way more people geting powerleveled than on blue. I guess it's classic. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by Sacer; 03-25-2020 at 02:12 PM..
Closed Thread