Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-25-2020, 07:56 PM
Sarnak

Default Pacify - FTE?

Anyone know if Pacify counts as FTE on a named spawn?

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 03-25-2020, 09:28 PM
Planar Protector

If you mean whether it triggers an official server FTE on a raid mob ... I haven't the slightest clue.

But if you mean in an "I'm racing some random person to be the first to engage some random NPC" ...

EDIT:

Actually the Play Nice Policies even say:

Quote:
get aggro/First to Encounter (FTE)
Unless you screw up, Pacify won't give you agro, so I guess the answer is: it depends on whether you fail or not [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Last edited by loramin; 03-25-2020 at 09:38 PM..
Old 03-25-2020, 09:41 PM
Planar Protector

This sure gets asked a lot.

If you dont aggro it its not yours.
Old 03-25-2020, 10:29 PM
Planar Protector

I sure hope not because as a cleric I rely on using pacify to get past so many things - I'd hate to think I was "taking" FTE on stuff I was just trying to walk past...

-Mcoy
Old 03-25-2020, 10:43 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcoy [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I sure hope not because as a cleric I rely on using pacify to get past so many things - I'd hate to think I was "taking" FTE on stuff I was just trying to walk past...

-Mcoy
You've been mistyping your name a lot in your sig.

Just sayin.
Old 03-25-2020, 11:55 PM
Planar Protector

Somebody asked this question a few times about harmony before, which makes me think what the hell people are doing.. afraid to actually fight the mob to engage it, but casting dummy spells to pretend its theirs so they can call a raid force? ;p
Old 03-26-2020, 12:02 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you mean whether it triggers an official server FTE on a raid mob ... I haven't the slightest clue.

But if you mean in an "I'm racing some random person to be the first to engage some random NPC" ...

EDIT:

Actually the Play Nice Policies even say:

Unless you screw up, Pacify won't give you agro, so I guess the answer is: it depends on whether you fail or not [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh ya, I didn't fail. But mez definitely counts as aggro though right?

Guild Leader of <Asgard> The home of the gods!
Lightyear/Artah
Old 03-26-2020, 10:21 AM
Planar Protector

Are you Pacifying it with the intent to kill it? Like is that part of your normal killflow? Then you've engaged it as far as I'm concerned. I would just use common sense.
Old 03-26-2020, 10:44 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artaenc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ahh ya, I didn't fail. But mez definitely counts as aggro though right?
There's two things to consider, the "letter of the law", and the practice. Here on P99, practice > letter, and I suspect that's very relevant in cases like that.

The written rules ie. the Play Nice Policies are extremely vague. Even the collection of camp rulings I've compiled in the wiki only cover a tiny fraction of possible cases ... and the staff aren't even truly bound by them.

Really, they're not even bound by the PnP. Don't believe me? Get in a fight with a GM over something in the PnP: no matter how certain you are that, based on the document, you're in the right ... you will still be suspended/banned anyways [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

So my point is, we can theorycraft in the forum all we want, but the real question here is "in a situation where Bob and I are both racing for a hill giant/seafury cyclops/whatever, when I cast mez on the mob (first) and then Bob hits it and starts killing it, will the GM suspend Bob?"

I just don't see it: Bob had no way of knowing you mezzed the mob, unless it was moving and suddenly stopped. In that way it's a bit like root, except with root, even if Bob didn't notice it stopping initially, he certainly would when he tried to pull the mob back and it didn't follow. But with Mez, the mob would act identically (from Bob's perspective) as if you'd never landed anything.

What I would see happening in a case like that is the GM telling both people to chill, and maybe telling you to use a different spell besides mez to pull. I don't think Bob would be in trouble, unless there was more to the story ... but until this actually happens and a GM rules, there's truly no way to know for sure.

Loramin Frostseer, Oracle of the Tribunal <Anonymous> and Fan of the "Where To Go For XP/For Treasure?" Guides
Anyone can improve the wiki! If you are new to the Blue server, you can improve the wiki to earn a "welcome package" of up to 2k+ platinum! Message me for details.
Old 03-26-2020, 12:24 PM
Kobold

Yes, a failed Pacify, which causes the mob to agro you, is indeed FTE. Boss mobs will even give you the engaged message with it.
Closed Thread