Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2020, 02:42 PM
Sarnak

OP create your own group problem solved.
Old 03-27-2020, 03:35 PM
Planar Protector

Sometimes I log my ogre sk on and be popping the guise back and forth so I could look at myself in my full suit of rubicite and I forget I'm not anon so I'll start to get these annoying tells from faraway places.

Hey man we need a tank.

Can you come to wherever?

Bitch please. You send a porter for ME. Also, what's your cleric's name cause I don't accept heals from scrubs.

Beating down these requests is a full-time job I tell you.
Old 03-28-2020, 09:08 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I never even considered the Exp penalties when forming groups or finding replacements, it doesn't really bother me - I'd rather just have people to group with.
Old 03-29-2020, 10:39 AM
Aviak

I thought XP penalties only affected that player. Is it true that XP penalties affect the entire group's XP awarded for any kill?
Old 03-29-2020, 10:59 AM
Planar Protector

This is why its best to form static groups with your friends and play on Red99 where there is an insane bonus.
Old 03-29-2020, 12:36 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewjax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I thought XP penalties only affected that player. Is it true that XP penalties affect the entire group's XP awarded for any kill?
Exp is split among group members and whoever has the highest total exp from level one gets the biggest cut. So that can either be a hybrid or someone 2+ levels higher.
Old 03-29-2020, 01:08 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewjax [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
To clear up potential misunderstanding: On P1999-Blue experience penalties are not shared with the rest of the group. This is likely why you think that they're player only. On P1999-Green experience penalties DO affect the rest of the group. The reason is because in the original game experience was changed (to non-shared) in early Velious when the class penalties were removed. As Hazek says, experience is divided based on total, meaning even on Green a higher-level Warrior will take more of a experience split than a lower-level hybrid might.

Danth
Last edited by Danth; 03-29-2020 at 01:11 PM..
Old 03-29-2020, 01:20 PM
Planar Protector

I think I've only had 1 group turn me away so far and 2 or 3 times people in group (after I joined) about hybrid xp penalty.
Old 03-29-2020, 03:12 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octopath [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep part of the game. It has only made my journey to 50 as a ranger that much better. Every time I was skipped over or denied a group, I got a little tougher.

Let the weak enjoy their easy to play core shit classes. We will continue to be the few, the proud, the mediocre.
I won't even hesitate to invite an appropriately-leveled Ranger. But I'm sure as hell not gonna spend a night in a group with three or four hybrids. The difference in XP/hour with three hybrids vs one (or none) is HUGE.
Last edited by Vizax_Xaziv; 03-29-2020 at 03:16 PM..
Old 03-29-2020, 04:09 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vizax_Xaziv [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I won't even hesitate to invite an appropriately-leveled Ranger. But I'm sure as hell not gonna spend a night in a group with three or four hybrids. The difference in XP/hour with three hybrids vs one (or none) is HUGE.
Yeah, this is absolutely rational.

But wait for all the stubborn, mathematically-challenged and inconsiderate other players to tell you that you're wrong for valuing your time.

Ever wonder why people have leave suddenly when you invite a few hybrids? It's because experience all but stopped.
Last edited by Wrekt; 03-29-2020 at 04:23 PM..
Closed Thread