Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2022, 01:15 PM
Kobold

Default LVl 26 Human Monk Tips

Hi -- I have a lvl 24 human monk. Decent gear (Peacebringer, black panther, 6/65 rings, SCHW, etc). No fungi.

Any tips on leveling with the ZEM updates? I prefer to solo as my schedule is random. I am not against grouping, though.
Old 02-21-2022, 05:39 PM
Planar Protector

For grouping - Highpass Keep - the basement with the goblins is pretty fantastic until 31ish when it starts to really slow down.

Solo sucks
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Old 02-24-2022, 09:39 PM
Aviak

Default SOL A SOL A SOL A SOL A

For solo, Sol A! Exp will be great there til 40 (45 if you wanna wreck your gnome faction)
Has a Goblin vendor in zone which you can sneak to sell to, sells food and water, and you can buy and sell gems to keep that coin weight down.

Just be careful of:
Lava at ent (if you fall in just die in the spot, DONT swim around)
Shamans; will heal through walls, cast blind on pulls, root you
Wizards; DS and nukes hurt like a bizatch!
Traps! Spike traps, blades, hidden holes in the floor.
Pathing, caution pulling down steps, sometimes you need to babystep a mob down otherwise it might run a long way round and train you. This can also be used to your advantage.
Roamers, learn the roamers paths so you can plan your pulls and where to pull to.
Gnomes are KoS for evil races, if you're a bad guy be careful of these little robots, they hurts.

Goblins are named by lvl Youngs, Cinders, Flames, Fires, Infernos and Solusek. As you progress you'll be able to solo harder Goblins. I'd start with Youngs and Cinders, see how it goes.

Advantages: Goblin and Gnome merchant, makes the zone a nice "farming whilst you level" kinda zone. Hidden walls, you can rest in some of these passages safely, also useful for shortcuts, once you learn the zone its like a playground! Ore, Finesteel, Gems, Pages, great loot here! Lots of named mobs to find and slay. 4 exits to Sol B scattered about making it relatively safe to zone if you get a failed FD (careful of kobolds on the otherside!)

I soloed my monk here on green, and my monk on blue, one of my favourite zones!

Recommended solo level: 24+
Old 02-25-2022, 11:39 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathimself13 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
For solo, Sol A! Exp will be great there til 40 (45 if you wanna wreck your gnome faction)
Has a Goblin vendor in zone which you can sneak to sell to, sells food and water, and you can buy and sell gems to keep that coin weight down.

Just be careful of:
Lava at ent (if you fall in just die in the spot, DONT swim around)
Shamans; will heal through walls, cast blind on pulls, root you
Wizards; DS and nukes hurt like a bizatch!
Traps! Spike traps, blades, hidden holes in the floor.
Pathing, caution pulling down steps, sometimes you need to babystep a mob down otherwise it might run a long way round and train you. This can also be used to your advantage.
Roamers, learn the roamers paths so you can plan your pulls and where to pull to.
Gnomes are KoS for evil races, if you're a bad guy be careful of these little robots, they hurts.

Goblins are named by lvl Youngs, Cinders, Flames, Fires, Infernos and Solusek. As you progress you'll be able to solo harder Goblins. I'd start with Youngs and Cinders, see how it goes.

Advantages: Goblin and Gnome merchant, makes the zone a nice "farming whilst you level" kinda zone. Hidden walls, you can rest in some of these passages safely, also useful for shortcuts, once you learn the zone its like a playground! Ore, Finesteel, Gems, Pages, great loot here! Lots of named mobs to find and slay. 4 exits to Sol B scattered about making it relatively safe to zone if you get a failed FD (careful of kobolds on the otherside!)

I soloed my monk here on green, and my monk on blue, one of my favourite zones!

Recommended solo level: 24+
Nice write-up. Solid advice. Its really nice to make money while leveling when you're new / not rich.
Last edited by Toxigen; 02-25-2022 at 11:51 AM..
Old 02-25-2022, 11:47 AM
Planar Protector

I go to Najena around 24 and kill the skeletons surrounding the pond by Najena's room, there are 3. They are level 22-25 according to the wiki. Easy kills in my opinion. There is also a single skel on 10 min timer in a tiny room around 125, 260 on map. Best part of this is they are all static spawns with no roamers ever near them.
Closed Thread