Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 06-11-2021, 02:49 PM
Orc

I've parsed all three on a level 60 (human) monk recently - Noteworthy: Target aggroed on the monk for ripostes. For me, it always ends with the T-Staff out damaging 1) epic fists, 2) SoS offhand, 3) Adamantite Club offhand, excluding (I think) the damage procs.
Old 06-11-2021, 04:13 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinWK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've parsed all three on a level 60 (human) monk recently - Noteworthy: Target aggroed on the monk for ripostes. For me, it always ends with the T-Staff out damaging 1) epic fists, 2) SoS offhand, 3) Adamantite Club offhand, excluding (I think) the damage procs.
Same.
Old 06-12-2021, 12:02 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinWK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We’re you parsing on Blue or Green or possibly both?

I’ve had really good luck with the Peacebringer (I’m on budget damnit!) It is 97% of the T staff for 4% of the price. I do click between swings too to help maximize DPS during the brief windows when I’m not pulling.
Old 06-12-2021, 01:40 PM
Sarnak

One other question for anyone who has parsed, have you tried parsing on different targets? I’ve heard in velious with higher AC you want to focus on fast weapons which rely heavily on damage bonus (epics fists would seem to shine here).

I’ve also thought that AC/SOS might really struggled for these encounters as they’re essentially two very slow 1 handed weapons which rely on good inherent ratios vs damage bonus. OP might be asking about green era, but Velious will be out there soon too.

***bonus question*** Is there a good parser or set up guide you’d recommend I’ve been wanting to experiment myself and might just need to bite the bullet.
Old 06-12-2021, 02:23 PM
Sarnak

Well now I’m back to confused between two opinions HAHA
Old 06-12-2021, 06:39 PM
Planar Protector

If you are on Blue, then 2H weapons are viable or in some cases the highest DPS weapons, tanking or otherwise. If you are on Green, then 1H weapons surpass 2H options like T-Staff in the early 50s in a non-tanking situation, until the final Velious patch. Simple as that.

Blue
Tofusin - 60 Monk <BDA>
Shiroe - 60 Enchanter
Manowarr - 60 Druid
Old 06-12-2021, 07:14 PM
Sarnak

And then of course there is offhand Scepter of mastery versus Stave of shielding.

Yeah I’m on Blue.
Old 06-14-2021, 02:23 PM
Planar Protector

Just go IFS (or T staff if plenty of plat).

Peacebringer sucks its too heavy.
Old 06-15-2021, 02:00 PM
Aviak

Has anyone every parsed the DPS of a Blam Stick? Based on its high delay, I assumed that the amazing ratio would be negated by a faster weapon's damage bonus, but a friend of mine swears that the damage bonus of the Blam Stick is better than that of faster one-handers.

Also, how does the DPS of a Herb Spade compare to a T-staff? With a slower delay, I would assume the damage bonus is better
Old 06-15-2021, 05:33 PM
Sarnak

Dmg bonus is static for all 1h. Friend is wrong. Blam stick is decent because of the ratio, not because of a better bonus.

T-staff is better than herb spade. The ratio more than covers the gap of the very slightly better bonus on herb spade, and that’s before the proc.

T-staff is fantastic. If you can afford it, it’s absolutely worth using in nearly every scenario, if you don’t have access to outright superior ratio (raid target) weps.
Closed Thread