Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Guild Discussion

Old 01-23-2022, 01:35 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

I joined Ex Astra a couple weeks ago. Everyone has been very helpful!

You get answers to your questions. You get help when you need it. There are frequent events. It is easy to organize your own and get a group of guildies. You get out of it what you put into it.

Be a part of something great! Come join us.

Kuroden, Barbarian Warrior of Rallos Zek
Last edited by argamath; 01-23-2022 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: added character
Old 01-23-2022, 03:48 PM
Skeleton

Ex Astra officers and members have been extremely helpful since I joined in early December, they group often for all level ranges and always invite guildies. I have made several friends during my run from 15-50. I am currently raiding now with them and even while raiding while I was completely oblivious to certain loot that was dropping for my class the officers quickly reminded me that it was loot I need to roll for…. This is an extremely high level of class and a showing of their true character cause normally other people wouldn’t share this info with people in order to gear their own characters!!!! If anyone is considering joining EA just do it!!!!! They always looking after others!!! -Nerjinzul Mage
Old 01-26-2022, 05:28 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Are there any classes that you really need? I made a bard, which I enjoy playing, but there seem to be bards everywhere.
Old 01-26-2022, 03:18 PM
Large Bat

Default Bards

Quote:
Originally Posted by HibukLives [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Are there any classes that you really need? I made a bard, which I enjoy playing, but there seem to be bards everywhere.
Hello, we actually don't have THAT many bards, so a bard would be just fine :-)
Old 01-29-2022, 09:55 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

So I have been a proby member of Ex Astra for a bit. I have to say this guild of people are a great group. Not only have I picked up spells I needed from the guild bank, they run lowbie raid grps, have 2-3 guild events, plus they are part of a raiding alliance that has many knowledgeable people who know end game content. They been asking what player need about non planar ncp for epics, commenting at least one night a week if not more to help people out. They do Kael and SS TOT runs, WL dragons just to name a few (wish I was not at work or falling sleep on these nights).

If you are looking for a casual guild with great people who take the time to help with a item transfer, or a quick port across the work so you can pick up spells for the next lvl. This may be the guild for you.
Old 01-31-2022, 07:29 PM
Planar Protector

how many ex astra were in the original astra?
Old 02-01-2022, 07:55 PM
Skeleton

Just wanted to add my input into this, EA has a great atmosphere. Lots of folks willing to help out with advice, suggestions and help when needed with quests and so forth. Leadership is very active, so most nights have guild groups or raids going on. It's a grown-up guild without ego issues, lots of friendly people so what is not to like!
Old 02-17-2022, 04:25 PM
Fire Giant

Very cool guild to be a part of, for both new members and veterans. EA offers experience and help in all aspects of EQ, whether its leveling, working on epic quests or raiding.
Old 02-18-2022, 11:05 AM
Orc

Send a message via AIM to adm5893 Send a message via Yahoo to adm5893

I joined the Ex Astra June of 2021 at level 32 after taking a break from P99 in 2016. After rage quitting and leaving the live server in 2000, I wanted to relieve my "glory days" (or is it deaths) on P99.

Almost immediately several members helped me gather the necessary materials to complete (almost) the Armor of Ro quest. For several months, I hung out in Unrest leveling but as the XP slowed down several Ex Astra members encouraged me to get out of Unrest. I would beg off but those members would never belittle my decision to remain and many times Ex Astra Members would give me hand-me-down weapon, armor, jewelry or two.

Then in the Fall 2021, I was mentally prepared to attempt my first Raid, ever, in EQ. Although there is a lot of information on the web/wiki/YouTube videos and being my first time, I was nervous about failing/causing a Raid wipe (Grath Telkin eat your heart out) but the Ex Astra Members were very supportive provided advice throughout the entire Raid. Now I regularly join various Guild or Alliance raid targets. Granted I need to ensure I have the appropriate Faction but that's another story.

Ex Astra has many, many nice, friendly and supportive members, who go above and beyond to help fellow members with gear, plat and support. As a group the core has advanced and have progressively acquired knowledge and proper gear to take down harder and harder mobs. At the same time continue to recruit and assist newer players because the guild recognizes they are the future. Ex Astra allows you explore Norrath on your own terms within your timeframe.

If you are looking for a low drama, low stress, enjoyable P99 experience where you will be supported in your goals. Please check out Ex Astra, you won't be disappointed in your decision.

Phlor
Old 02-23-2022, 06:55 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I've been in Ex Astra since the guild exploded on to the scene, at which point I was new to the server and EverQuest. Never played live and joined P99 last year, so much of the content I've had the chance to experience is thanks to Ex Astra putting on events for players of various levels, such as Junior & Senior Expeditions on which "off-the-beaten-path" zones are explored - a way to break up monotony of always grinding in Unrest > Paw > CoM.

There's always a good mix and seasoned players have been helpful and willing to share their knowledge. My character finally reached a high enough level to start going on some raids and I look forward to more endgame content with Ex Astra as we continue to rise to dominance, blackening the sky with our wings! If you still don't want to join be aware that resistance is futile and you will be assimilated

- Marequis