Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 01-24-2022, 03:26 PM
Aviak

I tried all of these things you mentioned previously, and while it seemed like it made a difference I think it was more or less just luck. The problem simply returned some time later. The issues seem intermittent and seem to correlate with server population but that may just be coincidence. I suspect it is just based on prime time heaviest traffic.

Unfortunately, while I initially had great success using VPN to get around the issue, even that has started to be affected by the same symptoms. My hope is the problem is getting worse and as a result may be easier for someone to find and correct the issue.
Old 01-25-2022, 07:42 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Can't connect to either Green or Blue.
Old 01-25-2022, 05:07 PM
Sarnak

Yes, Yendor did help me and I have experienced less issues than before, but I was still having some intermittent troubles. They would not last nearly as long as before, but I would still have the issue. Last night I played through a VPN and didn’t have any issues at all. It was the first night I tried this, so I don’t have a large data set to base an opinion on. With that said, my issues were also occurring during peak times. With the increase of population since the beginning of the year (Green approx 1k at peak, blue approx 900 at peak), could it just be a P99 server issue? I’m not super tech savvy, but is there such a thing as the server IP prioritization? Why would connecting through a VPN first seem to help? I’m genuinely curious. It just seems odd that a lot of people started having the same/similar issue all of a sudden. I know most have AT&T, but I do not, and I’m sure others do not as well.
Old 01-25-2022, 11:15 PM
Large Rat

Default Cannot connect either

I am currently experiencing difficulty logging in.

Either it waits forever and eventually times out with a pop up talking about "Scheduled Downtime" or my "Network Connection".

Or it does eventually log in .. but then the "server list" is empty and I can only CANCEL out of this and start the frustration over again.

I was logged in most of this afternoon ( several hours ) .. logged out for dinner .. now no joy. Internet connection is strong ( watching Netflix currently ). So not quite sure what the issue is. Perhaps the login server, or the BLUE server?

/shrug
Old 01-26-2022, 10:12 AM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalpin99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am currently experiencing difficulty logging in.

Either it waits forever and eventually times out with a pop up talking about "Scheduled Downtime" or my "Network Connection".

Or it does eventually log in .. but then the "server list" is empty and I can only CANCEL out of this and start the frustration over again.

I was logged in most of this afternoon ( several hours ) .. logged out for dinner .. now no joy. Internet connection is strong ( watching Netflix currently ). So not quite sure what the issue is. Perhaps the login server, or the BLUE server?

/shrug
an this morning (Eastern US) I can log in just fine. I assume there is a load limit issue with either the login server or the various game instances.

good luck
Old 01-26-2022, 12:18 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalpin99 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
an this morning (Eastern US) I can log in just fine. I assume there is a load limit issue with either the login server or the various game instances.

good luck
I have no issues during the daytime either, just at night when the server is at peak population, and it just started happening the past couple of weeks. Last night, after having issues again, I set a static IP to my PC and made sure all of my drivers were updated. I could log in and out just fine afterwards, but it could just be coincidence. I’m of the opinion there is a load limit as well, since a lot of people just started having the issue, which coincides with the increased population since the beginning of the year.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:47 PM
Large Rat

It is getting worse. The down times are creeping earlier and earlier every day.

I've tried contacting Lightower directly but they've ignored my emails.
Old 01-26-2022, 08:55 PM
Large Rat

Rogean doesn't care about the issue. Here's some places people can try their luck:

CrownCastle is the parent company of Lightower

https://www.crowncastle.com/contact-us-form
https://twitter.com/CrownCastle
Old 01-27-2022, 11:02 AM
Large Rat

Have you checked your internet connection speed? If you haven't, then go here and check https://www.speedtest.net/ If your download speed is below 20 then that may be your problem. Which could be a router issue or your internet provider.
Old 01-28-2022, 05:20 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiroc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Have you checked your internet connection speed? If you haven't, then go here and check https://www.speedtest.net/ If your download speed is below 20 then that may be your problem. Which could be a router issue or your internet provider.
Speed tests don't mean anything. If any node along the route to the server/login sever has issues then you get these problems. You can run a tracert via the cmd prompt and potentially see where the issue is. I was getting less than 10ms response times at each node until I got to a bad node that would either time out or be excessively high. Speed test was perfect.