Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 07-31-2014, 10:13 PM
Kobold

Default Screen "pop" when running and mousing

I keep getting this screen Pop when I am running and steering using the mouse. Only when steering with the mouse does this happen. I am running and turning then POP I am facing another direction having turned too far. Any thoughts?
Old 08-01-2014, 05:05 AM
Planar Protector

yea this happens to me too, its crappy
Old 08-01-2014, 05:29 AM
Banned

happens to me all the time, I just got to where I ignored it, would be nice if there were a fix though
Old 08-01-2014, 09:50 PM
Fire Giant

Yep

Really not great for bard kiting

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 08-01-2014, 09:51 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kekephee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yep

Really not great for bard kiting
Ya sounds shitty.
Old 08-02-2014, 02:24 AM
Fire Giant

"I'm running, I'm running, I'm running, I'm OH GOD THEY'RE HERE VEER LEFT VEER LEFT oh god damn it"

Every song I play is actually just me screaming the 1812 Overture in a raspy, shrieking falsetto.
Old 08-04-2014, 11:38 AM
Banned

There should be no reason a game this old would cause this many input lag issues for this many different people. Something else is happening here and I think we're gonna need a lot more tin foil.

Seriously, though, you may want to try actually putting a bunch of tin foil between your wifi router and mouse if you are using a wireless mouse and experiencing input lag while playing this game. Other things to try: plugging into your router with an ethernet cable, disabling your wireless antenna/card, trying a wired mouse.

I'm not sure why it seems to happen, but my wireless mouse range is GREATLY IMPACTED while playing p99 and a few select other games that utilize 3d graphics. If I start to experience the lag issue, if I put my mouse RIGHT NEXT to the dongle, the lag seems to be mostly alleviated.

I am starting to think it could be a USB/hub power issue or some sort of software-based conflict with the USB ports.

I have noticed that in Resource Monitor, my Maximum CPU frequency line (the blue line) goes up above 100% pretty consistently when I have the mouse lag issues. Someone in another thread said CPU throttling could be to blame, but my CPU temps aren't getting hot anymore since I put in a cooling tray underneath the laptop.
Old 08-04-2014, 12:23 PM
Kobold

Alla my stuff is wired. Well I do have wifi set up for the tablets we carry about but our meeces and NICs on our gaming PC's are all wired. Our mice are USB though. Not sure if you are on to something there or not. /shrug

I changed the batch file to limit to one core when running eqgame.exe but that has had no effect on this issue. Not that it was supposed to I just thought I'd give it a try what the heck n stuff.
Bakula the Rogue
Baconbit the Druid
Old 08-04-2014, 01:23 PM
Planar Protector

If someone finds a fix to this, let me know. WinEQ2 maybe helps with this?
Old 08-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Fire Giant

This issue is generally a result of lag if it's what i think it is. It's most noticeable when turning and facing in a direction that has a large number of players, mobs, spell effects, or anything generally more taxing than the surrounding area. It "skips" this area because it continues to move despite the brief lag making you essentially turn at sonic speed. Even if the lag is so small that you don't notice the lag itself this can occur.

Again, this is just if it's what i think you're talking about.