Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 01-19-2022, 10:42 AM
Decaying Skeleton

Default Compatibility Mode

For whatever reason I just turned off compatibility mode as well and that allowed me to log back in. Will update if this fix lasts, or if it remains broken.
Old 10-27-2022, 12:25 PM
Aviak

To follow up on this after just spending a few days myself to fix it...

I have a 6900XT running on Windows 11 and it appears that the latest Radeon Software (22.10.2 as of today) doesn't really detect eqgame.exe when it is running. You'll notice the Radeon overlay that tells you what features are enabled doesn't appear when you log into your character and basically your CPU & GPU will just run as if they are idle.

I observed ~35 FPS when any of the Radeon Settings were enabled, and up to 50 FPS when everything was off, but it stuttered like crazy.

I came across dgVoodoo2 which takes DirectX9 games (like the p99 version of EQ) and renders it using a modern API (DX 11 or 12) instead.

Using this I now have a steady 60 FPS and the game looks great! The Radeon Software overlay appears too, but you don't want those settings turned on or you'll be back at 35 FPS. You basically just have to drag 4 files into your EQ directory and run the configuration exe to set up what you want dgVoodoo2 to do.

Attached is my config which has the framerate limiter and some other "hidden" settings enabled (all of this is detailed in the link above). The config should work for anyone as I'm not forcing a resolution or anything, just maxing out all of the available options.

Hope this maybe helps someone else - I regret buying this Radeon Card so much lol.
Attached Files
File Type: zip dgVoodoo.zip (5.7 KB, 9 views)