Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 09-09-2021, 12:57 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Very confused, tell windows dissapeared

Hey, i had multiple tell windows up and while moving one, they suddenly all disappear. I have tried restarting PC, Reinstalling a clean EQ install, tried to find ANY Ui name with "danyill" in it for green in EQ folder (ABSOLUTELY NOTHING) what the heck do i do? losing my wits here, made a druid to port in DAP and the windows breaking makes it impossible to do more than a few at the same time w/o massive communication problems and hassle. Someone pls help me reset my tell windows, whats weird is they appear and work on EVERY resolution except 1920x1080 (my monitor res)
Old 09-09-2021, 01:00 AM
Banned

delete your ini file and your ui will reset

see if that helps
Old 09-09-2021, 01:01 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

can ya be more specific? i search my EQ folder for .ini file and get a lot of things
Old 09-09-2021, 01:03 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danyool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
can ya be more specific? i search my EQ folder for .ini file and get a lot of things

there is NO file or anything w my character name in the WHOLE folder, it doesnt make any fkn sense tbh, and it is 100% my only EQ install.
Old 09-09-2021, 01:10 AM
Banned

it should be called (for example) UI_Azile_P1999Green

instead of "Azile" it's your character name

don't worry once you log in again the game will create another ini file to replace it
Old 09-09-2021, 01:11 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

im sorry to say man but i can search for phrase text, there is absolutely NO file with my name on it. ive logged in and out multiple times, now what? ive searched my entire *computer* for a file with even the phrase "dan" in it, nothing but a mechwarrior online profile....
Old 09-09-2021, 01:12 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

When i alt tab it goes to windowed mode and hides the windows again. i can see tell windows on ANY resolution EXCEPT the one my monitor is set at now, they seem to be off screen or something?
Old 09-09-2021, 01:13 AM
Banned

hmm not sure about this then, sorry =(

we'll see if any of our forum computer savvies knows what up

until then hope you get it working
Old 09-09-2021, 01:14 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

When i search UI_Danyill_P1999Green i get "no files of this name on this PC" , even when i just search PHRASES. Im losing my mind and patience [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2021, 01:21 AM
Scrawny Gnoll

it appears my computer is *NOT* making UI files with my character names in it, i do not have one for the test char i just made, nor my cleric, nor my druid. I cannot find them anywhere on my PC, so thats very strange. This is fresh install #2 from a diff source btw, i used PB originally. This is a titanium copy i found on a google drive, anyway, does anyone have any clue? Again, ive searched my entire PC for any phrases of file names even with "danyill" and theres nothing, definitely not anything in the EQ folder, where i put the p99 v54 files.
Last edited by Danyool; 09-09-2021 at 01:50 AM..