Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Resolved Issues

Old 01-08-2022, 10:23 PM
Sarnak

Default Login Server Issues

Anyone else been having login server issues or having extremely long load times across zones and having to quit EQ and log back in? For the past week or so, I've been having the "logging in to the server message" up for a few minutes before saying it cannot connect or actually being able to login in, and I've been experiencing extremely long cross zone load times. I used to never have any issues, and it's not my internet. Was just curious if anyone else has been experiencing this.
Old 01-10-2022, 06:39 PM
Aviak

I have had issues intermittently for over a month now. Primarily during primetime hours when the population is the highest.

My symptoms (when it starts acting up) are -
Initially logging in times out, states no internet connection
Logging succeeds but server list is completely blank
Very long zoning times
Totally lock up loading

Affects all my computers when it occurs as well - linux, pc's, laptop's, tower's.

I suspect it is something to do with my internet, because switching my connection to a VPN resolves it for whatever reason. AT&T is uninterested in more information from me since it only appears to be affecting my connection to P1999.

I know this isn't particularly helpful, but you are not alone.

jaladiun 54 druid - green
Old 01-11-2022, 09:30 PM
Kobold

Same issue. Crashing on zone in, crashing when I camp out, logging in taking forever, random login errors when I try to connect to Green.
Old 01-11-2022, 10:04 PM
Fire Giant

https://imgur.com/a/uV63LlH

Issues between Lumen (Level3) and Lightower again.
Old 01-13-2022, 11:34 PM
Decaying Skeleton

I've been having the same issue. Occurs mostly when servers are at peak (e.g., 900+ on green). I am also on AT&T fiber. Is that a common thread here?
Old 01-13-2022, 11:43 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by doldrim [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've been having the same issue. Occurs mostly when servers are at peak (e.g., 900+ on green). I am also on AT&T fiber. Is that a common thread here?
I am having the same issue and also on AT&T fibre. I dont think thats the issue as AenorVZ points out it doesnt time out until it hits 144.121.39.122.lightower.net.

I have reproduced it myself and I fail at the same step.
Old 01-14-2022, 12:02 AM
Large Rat

Follow up to my previous post.

After reading cdfurry comment about a VPN fixing his issue, I thought I would try a few things and it does appear that a VPN can be a "work around".

If you use a VPN, you will still time out if you use the "Login" button which seems to go through the EQEmu login server.

However, if you use the "Quick Connect" button to your server (I did Blue) I was able to connect directly twice. If I turned off the VPN, I could no longer connect. Turning VPN back on allowed me to connect again.

FYI - not sure if this is relevant, but my VPN was running through Chicago.

Like I said before, I dont know much, but did some LAN stuff like 20 years ago. If anything I said is wrong, please correct me as I dont want bad information out there, but I do want to let people know it CAN work.
Old 01-15-2022, 11:46 PM
Skeleton

I've been having the same problems (stuck at log in screen - waiting for log in, or blank server select screen), but intermittently over the last few days. Also on AT&T Fiber. No work arounds seem to work. Have tried VPN, flush dns, etc. Only thing that seemed to work was coming back much later / next day [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 01-16-2022, 12:50 AM
Planar Protector

Experiencing the same shit on AT&T. Cannot connect every night during the evenings. Cannot log in, server select is blank, takes forever to load world or zone.

Switching to tethered through wireless works.

Issue is 100% with the AT&T domestic internet, but not their cell phone.
Also its pretty hard not to post after you.. not because you have a stimulating(sic), but because you are constantly patrolling RnF and filling it with your spam.
Old 01-16-2022, 08:52 PM
Fire Giant

Im at wits end. everynight around 730 pm est till 11, the server simply will not let me in. someone said to change my google dns but this is simply jibberish to me. anyone have a step by step guide to help me?
Even these forums are slow during this time.