Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 06-16-2016, 11:30 AM
Fire Giant

Default Foxplay's Final Goodbye (Wed. June 22nd, 6PEST)

After thinking for awhile on the matter I've decided to quit P99 and more specifically Everquest as a whole. I'm not doing this out of necessity or distress, it is 100% my personal choice. The short and skivvy of it is that I feel I've reached a point where I'm not really having that much fun day to day anymore on P99 and my options are limited to things I don't like or agree with in terms of game-play / enjoyment / community, such as becoming an evil plat-lord or re-entering the raid scene.

So rather than continuing to looking in my past for pleasure and a source of procrastination I am calling it quits and focusing on some personal goals such as artwork and physical fitness goals rather than Everquest goals like leveling yet another character to 60. However I'm not very good at partially quitting or setting something aside, so If I'm going to quit I cant leave anything behind to come back to. Also my house will be finished building soon so I also have that move in my near future.

My final goodbye will be on stream Wed. June 22nd. at 6P EST up until everything is gone and given away. Don't bother asking if you can have my stuff I have already decided where its going, and ill be logging in from time to time in the next few days to contact the individuals that need to know. After everything is gone all of my characters including the level 60s will be deleted Live as proof of my conviction, and commitment to purity, that RMT has no place on this server or any true classic MMO's.

I have no regret's leaving. I enjoyed my trip back to memory lane as well as making new memories in Norrath. I also enjoyed learning more about the game than the 15yr old version of myself ever could have known, as well as leveling up two caster classes to 60 (Enchanter & Druid) Something I never did back in the day as there was always another expansion to raid or AA's to grind back on live. P99 allowed me to experiance the classic version of the game I loved, relive the journey of my monk from long ago, as well as forge a new path with the two other classes I leveled.

To my viewers

If you enjoy my stream of P99 Everquest I'm sorry for leaving you, but my decision is final. I feel there is plenty of up and coming , as well as established P99 streamers to further the community. It would not be true to the viewers or community for myself to fake enthusiasm and stream a game I'm no longer enjoying. Please support the other P99 streamers ......oh and death to Phinny!

To P99 Staff

You guys have done a fantastic job putting this all together and I wish you nothing but good things on this project, I never really had much dealings with GM's or staff so Ill just leave it at that. Thank you so much for making this server available and continuing to do so.

To the other P99 Streamers

Keep playing and streaming as long as you enjoy to do so! From the most experienced to least just starting out their adventure. Support each other where you can, and try and stay overall positive, spread the word of P99 and most importantly....stay classic #phinnynotclassic!

To the Community

Thanks for having me, and I hope you all have some wonderful times and experiences in the lands of Norrath. If I was to impart anything on the community I would like it to be this. Stop treating and thinking about classic EQ compared to modern experiences. I know its hard sometimes with rare spawns, poopsocked camps, the raid scene, the huge level grind and all. But don't cheapen your own experience in Norrath, its a world, its a community, its an adventure. There's some very easy way's to have a full experiance - Never RMT, Don't get power-leveled, Don't Poopsock stuff you don't need simply for profit.

If there's one thing I could wave a magic wand and fix about P99 it would be the sale of power-leveling services. I feel it cheapens the experience the most, as Everquest is the one and only MMO that got something right... that the experience and fun starts at level 1, the game doesn't begin and end-game like so many modern games do today. I encourage people to get out there and level up the old fashion way, be it in groups or solo. Also if your class is capable of it, try to solo a bit, I found it very empowering on my enchanter and druid.

Final words

This server is something special cherish it, work together as a community to improve it. Sometimes working together can be hard, but sometimes doing it the hard path is the best path. Don't put all your troubles of a 16 year old classic game on the GM's shoulders, its not fair to them, this server is classic for a reason, so if Classic is giving you issues then start working together towards an agree'able middle-ground. Yes there is rules, but simply put...play Everquest more, Lawyerquest less!
Old 06-16-2016, 11:35 AM
Fire Giant

This will never work... Starting from scratch is the most fun part of this game! Whenever i quit the thought of going back to my same boring character or restarting a twink to have char that's not very fun and has no purpose other then to mindlessly lvl up not fun. But starting a new char from scratch. That challenge is fun again and brings back the nostalgic part of p99 that gets us playing to begin with [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]!
Old 06-16-2016, 11:36 AM
Planar Protector

Me can haz ur stuphz?

no seriously, enjoy retirement.

No really seriously now.. if you don't want it I can hold onto it, just sayin...

Ya, no, really... Enjoy RL & remember what we talked about here. /salute
Old 06-16-2016, 11:37 AM
Server GM

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Good luck with your future endeavors!
Old 06-16-2016, 11:54 AM
Kobold

What server did you play on in live as a teenager?
Old 06-16-2016, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodors Finest Poster [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What server did you play on in live as a teenager?
Povar
Old 06-16-2016, 12:16 PM
Planar Protector

Sad to see you go after such a short time playing.

Tupakk-57 Bard(Raid Whore)Afeni-45 Druid (Dial a Port Leadership) |Forums|Facebook| Lumumba-60 Rogue(DaP Security)/(Nocterma Member) & Department of Fun Promoter
Old 06-16-2016, 12:20 PM
Planar Protector

Fox! You lovely person, you.

Haha, I knew this was coming. It was fun playing with you and getting to know you [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] We managed to duo Drozlin and all kinds of other things and it was awesome. It would've been hilarious if we'd managed Ulump but I guess a 4-man group works too.

Keep in touch, I want to see your art and your house!

Retouched all faces for the EQClassicHD Texture Pack
Retired from p99
Last edited by Sorn; 06-16-2016 at 12:27 PM..
Old 06-16-2016, 12:32 PM
Planar Protector

I too deleted my character from live and gave away my stuff, so I understand where you are coming from. The one thing I will say, is you are soooo close to custom content. Who knows what stuff they may fix? Leave a naked toon or two, never know how enjoyable that content will be and how it may fix what you have come to dislike.

Also, perhaps if you ever come back, try playing less. An August 2015 join date isn't that far away from when I started, I haven't even hit 60 yet... sounds like you have multiple 60s..? Slow burn helps stave off the burnout.

Good luck on your next adventure!
Old 06-16-2016, 12:42 PM
Planar Protector

If you are bad at quitting perhaps you could just ask staff for a voluntary ban? That way there isn't the temptation of 'just logging on', but if you do decide to come back in a few years time (or whatever) you can simply ask for the ban to be revoked. Obviously this will take cooperation with the staff so might not be plausible. They are volunteers after all!
Closed Thread