Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Do you live in one of America's inner cities?
Yes, I live in a but I got inner city 41 18.55%
Yes, I live in a crime infested inner city 35 15.84%
Yes, I live in a burning crime infested inner city 33 14.93%
Bush burned the crime infested towers 153 69.23%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 221. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-07-2018, 09:25 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
sad but true. the nuances of deprogramming your dopamine can involve some pretty xtreme stuff. this 1 British guy who went out into the woods with literally nothing and survived off the land for a week said he'd never risk his life like that again, but that it absolutely worked and boosted his neuroplasticity enough to make major life changes. he said if he did it again he would bring some basic survivor tools and a backpack of camp equipment.

there is science to the Survivor series manuver. many people travel to completely foreign areas with vastly different environmental conditions and living space than they are used to. I.E. members of the Rolling Stones would go to an island to dry out and eat coconuts and wander around. this whole sit in a doctors office or a hospital bed and change your dopamine reward pathways is laughable and completely headed in the wrong direction. you cant change pathways by talking to someone with a Dr. in front of their name. you need real life. not more industrial bullshit.

survivorman wasn't a gamer tho. a MOBA fiends prescription is summary execution. there is no hope for a MOBA tryhard on this planet besides becoming bear food. cringing right now at all the little keyboard peckers.
I can conquer my mind as easily as I can conquer Arabs when I play any of my favorite games as my people the Persians

Your post seems intelligent but it may as well be a foreign language to me. I don't seek pleasure. Pleasure seeks me

Hope this helps!
Old 02-07-2018, 09:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriam1066 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I can conquer my mind as easily as I can conquer Arabs when I play any of my favorite games as my people the Persians

Your post seems intelligent but it may as well be a foreign language to me. I don't seek pleasure. Pleasure seeks me

Hope this helps!
well as long as you're enjoying yourself [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2018, 12:57 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I don't think any of those are actually facts. The 3rd one is probably a matter of measurement to be fair. But everyone knows real purchasing power with wages is down and the prices for property relative to earning power are up.
They are facts. Some people are unwilling to accept the simplicity of gaining wealth in the modern age. All of the information is out there on the internet. With one weekend of reading (http://jlcollinsnh.com/stock-series/ and http://www.mrmoneymustache.com/2013/...one-blog-post/) you can gain the knowledge for free on the internet. Xaanka is right, you missed most my points... the average person in the USA today lives better than royalty several hundred years ago.

Quote:
1) It's not super easy to live within your means unless you are a well-paid single person that is not supporting anyone else.
Bullshit. I made 20k/year between 22-26. Still saved 10% of my salary. There is the rare exception of someone supporting a family member (that they didn't create) that is incapable of working. This is the only exception that makes it hard to live within your means.

Quote:
2) It's really fucking obvious that high wages will have some predictive power over wealth -- don't even have to look that up.
It may seem obvious to you, but it is actually not true. The only statistically proven thing to correlate with rising wages is rising spending. Reduce your consumption, no excuses. Many rich people float in/out of the 1% due to overconsumption. MC Hammer, Tyson, dunno why I am even bothering with examples. Smart people who invest wisely should be applauded for not throwing their money away and buying shit they don't need.

Quote:
3) If it was easy to be wealthy, near everyone would be.
Just because something is easy, doesn't mean people will adopt it. Example: it is so fucking easy not to be a lard ass. Eat less than you "need" (healthy food is cheap), lift weights (bags of sand work!) four hours per week, and sleep >8 hours a night (totally free. Hmm, pretty easy, but not everyone is healthy.

See link to stock series above. The advice might not be obvious but becoming wealthy is so simple. Time + discipline. Many don't have the latter.

Quote:
4) It doesn't even seem to occur to you that it is possible to lose capital through investment -- sometimes just from shit luck.
Check out Part III of the stock series above... most valuable quote "The Dow started the last century at 66 and ended at 11,400. How could you lose money during a period like that? A lot of people did because they tried to dance in and out." - Buffett

Invest regularly, stay the course, and you literally can't lose. The indexes are basically the average stock market return... which always goes up.

Quote:
5) It's not a charity to spend your capital to help yourself get more capital -- even if other people are aided in the process.
False. This is SUCH BULLSHIT. You need to be careful with your words. Your capital can buy you freedom to devote your whole life to charity. Buy the key to your own shackles before helping others. If you really are concerned with charity in the classical sense, donate time, not money.

YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR YOURSELF FIRST! Ever wonder why they tell you to put the oxygen mask on yourself first before helping those unable. PRACTICE THE SAME with money. Build your own capital through time, so you can give shitloads when you have extra, are old, and don't need it. Luke, if you only knew the power of the dark si... err compound interest.

Quote:
6) People that write post like your tend to have had a lot of help "getting started" in life that they take for granted. "Getting started" is 90% of the work.
Impressive ad hominem. You are correct, in the past, getting started was 90% of the work. Now it is 99% of the work. Call up Vanguard, say "I want to make direct deposits into VTSMX every month, here is my bank number." Increase contribution whenever you get a pay raise. Don't buy stupid shit. Retire in < 20 years. There is the recipe, your choice from here on out, but no more bitching. I have literally spent <20 minutes a year investing and am now wealthy. NOW IT ONLY TAKES 1 HOUR OF SETTING UP AN ACCOUNT AND DIRECT DEPOSIT TO GUARANTEE < 20 YEAR RETIREMENT. ANYONE CAN DO IT.

Quote:
7) Rising, severe wealth inequality is not a good thing. You guys love this "equallity of outcomes" strawman that no one has ever suggested...not even Stalin...ever in history...But some inequality is not what were referring to. Obviously the CEO gets paid more than the janitor -- that isn't a problem in and of itself. It's when the CEOs kids get vastly more opportunity than the janitor's -- even if the CEO's kids a shitbyrds and the janitor's are top of the class. This is usually accompanied by political instability.
Getting rich quick is a diversion. Wealth is built through the geometric series of compound interest. Time in the market. Start young (that means yesterday) compounding at 8%, save half your salary, and if you can't, start building skills to increase your salary so you can. If you don't have the time, discipline, or work ethic, it is nobody's fault but your own nowadays. Computers make information free, remote working possible... etc.
Last edited by Toehammer; 02-08-2018 at 01:19 AM..
Old 02-08-2018, 03:49 AM
Banned

He's a beast
Old 02-08-2018, 04:27 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xaanka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
^ woke azzar post
it's the same line of reasoning behind my theory that there's a positive correlation between how diverse one's social experiences are (traveling, living in both shitty and nice places etc) and how racist one is. i see it affirmed constantly and that's basically the best way i could rationalize it.
d-double woke.

patriam has all of the vanity of a Persian vessel but even he cannot front on the woke. In fact im quite sure he is an example of this.

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 02-08-2018, 09:35 AM
Aviak

no point in trying to shill this shit to the old fucks on this forum, only thing they love more than regurgitating jewish spooks like "racism" and getting good goy points is talking about boomerball
Old 02-08-2018, 10:14 AM
Banned

Found the happy merchant
Old 02-08-2018, 01:41 PM
Banned

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-08-2018, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulz~Sect [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
LOL
Old 02-08-2018, 02:33 PM
Banned

I don't think anyone takes that bitch seriously.
Closed Thread