Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2020, 10:38 PM
Planar Protector

Anyone vs ogre especially on classic is a piece of garbage. On my ranger on live ogre shamans pretty much out tanked me. And extra 70 strength when there’s literally no strength gear anywhere means a lot of extra smash power. No question.

In vanilla maybe pally loses to sk for that reason
Once Kunark gear balances racial stats it starts to look different.

Good point about maintaining pretty high HP to avoid HT insta death. How much hp percent does an HT do at level 50 and level 60 vs a paladin?

Having to maintain over X hp to not get HT killed does change the dynamic a lot. That’s why this is an interesting fight to me.

There was some actual good PVP guy who was commenting how disruptive a good paladin can be and I think that’s the strength of the class. Spot healing here and there and being able to smash pretty good and survive a long fight means a lot.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:45 PM
Planar Protector

Pally usually can’t secure a kill. You usually tango with the pally then if you can’t use your environment to level the playing field you just go on your way. 1 on 1 pally is like zero threat unless he has boots or sow and you’re without those items and therefore a scrub.
Old 12-16-2020, 10:53 PM
Banned

I wish I could have played more on red. It would be nice to know the in and outs of dueling, especially high level stuff. I wont be able to play for some time though. Its a major bummer. Like I said, I hope life never changes this but I just enjoy playing on pvp server. Makes the game feel more legit.
Last edited by Ret.SaxonAlex; 12-16-2020 at 10:59 PM..
Old 12-16-2020, 11:06 PM
Planar Protector

Good comments tassador that feels about right.

Saxon, yep it’s fun and also a lot of work even the scummiest red 99 slime balls have some pretty solid game skills that are respectable in their own way. It’s really fun to hear tips from people willing to share them.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-17-2020, 10:13 AM
Sarnak

In Kunark, max gear I'm taking the Troll SK
Old 12-17-2020, 12:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Level 60, if gear is a factor you can discuss.

How does a battle between these two hybrid tanks play out?

Heres mine:

Scenario 1, lots of strong PVE enemies, the SK wins because of Feign death.

Scenario 2, not many or no strong PVE enemies - I dunno. I think the paladin might win because heals land for 100%, so he gets full LOH HP boost, and all his heal spells HP boosts while the SK is partialling HT and his damage spells and his pet is rooted doing nothing.

Thoughts?
weighted axe + fast bow > paladin atm , u will run him oom so fast

on a normal unbroken server tho , paladin wins toe to toe unless sk kites and procs him with epic and wears him down over a VERY long fight

SK just has about 10x the utility of a paladin especially in a dungeon, was prone to bow kiting but heh not anymore

need to fix server, and trust me im unbiased i have a sk

but come on log onto greybeard lets stream it
Last edited by Tune; 12-17-2020 at 12:46 PM..
Old 12-17-2020, 01:02 PM
Planar Protector

Is Greybeard your toon? Its not mine. I hope you aren't mistaking me for someone you think is a cool pal and gotta be disappointed with regular old Gustoo here.

Does the fast bow help the weighted axe delay in some way, or is it for interrupts?

What is so broken ATM Tune?

Thanks for weighing in with the pro tips.
Lost but not forgotten.
Last edited by Gustoo; 12-17-2020 at 01:11 PM..
Old 12-17-2020, 01:24 PM
Planar Protector

u can check the bug forums, but main hand bonus damage is effecting bow shots

its only VERY broke and powerful when a weighted axe is used

making the minimum hit on any bow 100+ faster the bow the better

paladin would not be able to keep up with that
Old 12-17-2020, 01:30 PM
Planar Protector

That is super savage and is the kinda thing that would explode me if I jumped into pvp today and I would just not understand why I got so wrecked lol

Good to know.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-17-2020, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

The following is for Velious: Pre Velious paladin's are not that strong outside of Soulfires.

I wasn't the most geared Paladin around but it felt like the fight that would just go on forever. I had roughly 2.4k mana on Brick which translates to about 7700 healing in hots not including any extra 5th ticks. Someone would have to do roughly 14,000 hp worth of damage to run me OOM / blow my lay on hands. If we completely ignore soulfires for this that is still a lot of damage to do.

I was able to chase off a ToV geared empire sk using the Vulak Axe with just my Kunark rags / epic by just popping a DS pot / (Ragefire / Ring) DS and curing all their diseases with shield. Add in a clarity for an even more annoying fight where every point of mana translates to roughly ~3-4 hp. I think I ended this fight with nearly full mana before the SK escaped into Skyshrine to camp out.

I think I would have to agree with Tune though in most scenarios the SK should be favored. The Paladin really needs to be able to constantly land hits to counter the SK's regen and paladin's aren't exactly known for their DPS.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Closed Thread