Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-18-2020, 05:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Of recent history:

Both Tune and Mirkuls' dripping in BIS Shadowknights had their arses flipped by a Paladin wearing low end ToV gear.

This wraps this question up.

You are talking SKs that had 3-4 dozker loot, full HoT BP/legs, vuulak lewt including pallidus axe, dain belt, possible let ct brains vrs a toon with a Othmir Prexus Totem, epic, and LTK BP.

It's not even a question who wins SK v Paladin in Velious and anyone arguing is just talking shit.
i agree paladin beats sk toe to toe

but the fights he is referring to above are not real sanctioned fights, these probably took place in the open world where there were buffs and other factors at play

also log on and lets do it now u will actually lose

oh no wait you are a coward that talks shit =) i guess u wont
Old 12-18-2020, 05:58 PM
Planar Protector

No way I think that Tune and White_knight have both developed into respectable EQ Business men / PVP gentlemen and that white knight would log on for a battle.

But then you gotta set rules like self buffed only or whatever.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:26 PM
Banned

I need to get better at pvp. I hope there is still some Alexander the Great stuff out there no one has thought of. Like dropping bags on the ground so gnomes cant be seen and dodge attacks. Obviously joking about the bags.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:46 PM
Planar Protector

The game is always changing a little bit and new masters of the p99 environment come and go as people have play time to really max it out. Even the way you run can give you an advantage when those movements get translated to your opponents screen. It comes down to familiarity with the engine and staying engaged rather than being a lazy turd player. It helps if you have some brave fighter friends to experiment with.

In the mean time I suggest you start slow motion playing a character taking your sweet time to level someone up. Or never play if the game is toxic for your life in some way.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2020, 06:51 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are getting too far in the weeds here. Tune already told you this server is broken and you can use a weighted axe with a low delay bow to get broken rapid fire damage so nothing else you are saying matters.
Its been like that a while now. Someone wrote a guide years ago on these forums.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raclen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You guys are getting too far in the weeds here. Tune already told you this server is broken and you can use a weighted axe with a low delay bow to get broken rapid fire damage so nothing else you are saying matters.
Hybrids get 75 Archery.

So 2x 15 pt hits gunna really take you down, have to have 8 bags full of arrows and hope the person runs around in circles for 30 minutes.
Old 12-18-2020, 07:22 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Man I really appreciate when you guys weigh in like this. I know the server has been light but the knowledge sharing is treasured gold and also something fun to think about while at work.

Jeni regarding the bow thing, I think the issue is that the super duper slow delay of the weighted axe has an significant impact on the bow damage right now, and a paladin can't use that axe because its for the big boys only.

It would have been cool (and appropriate) if dwarfs were considered large race when it comes to things like throwing boulders, and weighted axes. But oh well.
I get it now i thought it was just weapon damage and not the weapon 2h bonus damage... thats hilariously broken. Yeah the slowest reasonable weapon a paladin has access to is a 51/53 Blackstone Maul or a Tantor's Tusk but it's stupid rare on p99 for no reason.

I do wonder if outside of this bug if the Chardok 2h damage bonus update made paladins a lot better since they may actually be able to do some damage now and not just slowly tickle people to death while living forever. I haven't played in years so I'm way out of the loop on the current state of stuff.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Last edited by Jeni; 12-18-2020 at 07:25 PM..
Old 12-18-2020, 07:37 PM
Fire Giant

So you're saying I could have permanent 400 point crippling arrows with a 150 delay main hand? I might even log in for 15 minutes to check this out!
Old 12-18-2020, 07:45 PM
Planar Protector

Send us some screen shots of you 1 shotting lowbie mobs with a bow KAPOW
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-18-2020, 09:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by White_knight [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hybrids get 75 Archery.

So 2x 15 pt hits gunna really take you down, have to have 8 bags full of arrows and hope the person runs around in circles for 30 minutes.
bro what are u talking about

with a weighted ax your MINIMUM hit is 101