Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-19-2020, 11:16 AM
Planar Protector

I can understand your frustration. And I will say this was oversight by staff,

bolded the important bits

They are pretty gracious and magnanimous, for volunteering. I don't know why you have to act like they did you dirty.

Try RnF and try Red99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
so your leaving a game because you didn't get an item?

that's like quitting your job because your boss didn't buy you a Starbucks in the morning
your first mistake was needing a job to get a daily starbucks
Last edited by magnetaress; 12-19-2020 at 11:18 AM..
Old 12-19-2020, 11:23 AM
Sarnak

You'll be back... They all come back.

Elendil's Giveaway
Old 12-19-2020, 11:24 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
have to agree with this
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evia [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Staff should take 1 locket and make all those who were on list random for it. Seems fair and just.

Although tbh I don’t think staff is obligated to do anything. This is free service after all.
It’s just pretty hard to contemplate why this team is so tight fisted about things like this. It’s why I’m begging for the next server not to have the corrupting influence of “legacy items” they should either be in the game permanently in some fashion or be removed so that people can play the game without the weight of these special items and their knowledge weighing down every hour of play. It’s a sickness that didn’t exist in 1999 and only exists here and it really throws any classic adventuring in the dumpster because these choke point items are “must get before they go away” for so many players and in 1999 there was no such experience.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:27 AM
Banned

Just take that same dedication towards the list, farm up items/plat/DKP and get your locket. Perseverance and overcoming adversity will still get you what you want in the long run. Locket isn’t a huge money maker unless you have multiples and if you want melee bind just join a raid guild and get a bind.
Old 12-19-2020, 11:34 AM
Planar Protector

See you in another MMo someday woodark

Nuggie / Celelilly / Zackattacker - not guilded <TAKP>
RETIRED Nuggiemag - <Sodden Seakings> formerly Ironborn

Nuggie - Undead Mage on Old Blanchy (Classic WoW)
RETIRED - Nuggie / Celelilly / Conavar - <Omni> formerly <Vesica Dei> P99
Duggie/Wuggie <Mythic Legends> EQ1-Lanys

On to the Future in Pantheon
Old 12-19-2020, 12:47 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gustoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It’s why I’m begging for the next server not to have the corrupting influence of “legacy items” they should either be in the game permanently in some fashion or be removed so that people can play the game without the weight of these special items and their knowledge weighing down every hour of play. It’s a sickness that didn’t exist in 1999 and only exists here and it really throws any classic adventuring in the dumpster because these choke point items are “must get before they go away” for so many players and in 1999 there was no such experience.
Good point. Make purple or whatever color server, custom, not classic. Make it with or without legacy items... for all players.

OP, sorry to hear that. Maybe you need a break. But you will be back.
Last edited by pivo; 12-19-2020 at 12:48 PM.. Reason: No reason!
Old 12-19-2020, 02:19 PM
Sarnak

I didn’t think that the gm response was necessarily rude. They admitted there was a mistake, and then said there wasn’t much they could do about it. I guess I’m not really sure what you expected from them. It seems like there is a pretty good precedent that they are not handing out too much help on green server. I’m surprised they involve themselves to the degree that they do.
Old 12-19-2020, 03:18 PM
Banned

we know damn well that OP only wants this locket to sell to high end guilds for like a

million plat
Old 12-19-2020, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tunabros [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
we know damn well that OP only wants this locket to sell to high end guilds for like a

million plat
Right, no individual player wants or needs a locket. Its coveted by raid guilds so they can bind their melee outside ToV in Velious. Presumably some other raid use in Kunark IDK, but anyone who was /listquesting this shit other than for guild banking had dollar signs in their eyes.
Old 12-19-2020, 04:05 PM
Planar Protector

Lol the staff wont give out a couple lockets?

that's like small fish compared to the lunkers of the past.

Definitely nothing to quit over tho

Just talk to me I'll make u feel better