Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > Bugs > Green Bugs

Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2021, 08:28 AM
Sarnak

Exclamation Robe of Living Fungus

I prefer a patch note, but in my amateur data mining and wayback machine-ing I have not uncovered the Robe of Living Fungus regen removal patch note. I did find a series of Allakhazam comments from 2001 that I feel are solid evidence that this robe had its regen effect until early Velious.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

The first comment I shared I believe is someone alerting the community of the nerf change. Not as solid evidence of a patch note, but I feel he's reviewing patch changes from that time and sharing a juicy item nerf.

https://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/...1&p=2#comments

I belief the nerf to Robe of Living Fungus came far too early and is due January 2001, or the August 2021 patch.
Old 01-03-2021, 08:58 AM
Sarnak

That's what I found also, and what was referenced on the wiki timeline. It's now stricken out, and moved 9 months prior.

This thread is the explanation:

"https://www.project1999.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-31990.html"

Basically saying a dev was asked about the robe, the dev checked and said "it never had that effect", implying that upon checking, it was so gone that he couldn't even find record of it. That was 3 months into Kunark.

I don't buy it. Likely just Abashi being clueless, but who knows.

Maeraculous - 60 Enchanter
Old 01-03-2021, 01:53 PM
Sarnak

Yea even players are saying it was removed shortly after Kunark on Live, but I think memories are just hazier than they think. On live the Fungal king was likely not farmed like it had been here, and there weren't a ton of these Robes of Living Fungus until people started to catch on maybe months later? It was also a much tougher camp being so inexperienced and w/e other classic vs p99 discrepencies.

Anyhow, there is no reason for the Allakhazam comments from 2001 to be incorrect. It is unlikely these people were misremembering things that happened so recently.

Yea I did that Timeline update. I didn't expect the fungal robe change so soon, but didn't want to leave it as is to cause confusion. The timeline causes enough confusion because it's not official and I do a lot of the updates :P
Last edited by Meiva; 01-03-2021 at 01:58 PM..
Old 01-03-2021, 02:08 PM
Fire Giant

https://www.cs.hmc.edu/~jhsu/everquest/

Post from June 19, 2000 referencing a thread in The Dojo which speaks of the nerf.

Quote:
June 19th, 2000, Those crazy Monks!
I just had the most hillarious read the other night. Apparently the web-master of the Dojo posted his own little rant on Kunark, and I thought it was the most hillarious thing I had ever read. Unreasonable in the extreme. In this little rant, the "Sensei" blasts Kunark and Verant for putting in all manner of useless items and features that give no benefit to the Monks whom so wholesomly deserve them. The catalyst for this is a thread by Gordon responding to allegations of a "nerf" to the Robe of Living Fungus.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:19 PM
Sarnak

Really solid find, but I'm not convinced that this is in response to a patch and not simply in response to a conversation about the robe regen on a forum. The "allegations of a "nerf"' line suggests discussion of an upcoming change? He is then more misleading when he says

Quote:
The robe was incredibly imbalancing
Leads you to assume the robe has been nerfed as it's past tense. BUT I also read it as there is a thread on the EQ forums where there was maybe confirmation from a dev of an upcoming nerf. Likely as a warning to players of a change to come. Why it would come 7 months later, I'm not too sure.

Yea that's a good find. I'm not convinced either way now.
Old 01-03-2021, 04:55 PM
Fire Giant

Gylen on these forums had the robe on tallon zek at the beginning of velious, try to PM him if he has logs. I know he had it because I watched him try to solo the gnome at the docks in Nro to Iceclade.
Old 01-12-2021, 08:11 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disease [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Gylen on these forums had the robe on tallon zek at the beginning of velious, try to PM him if he has logs. I know he had it because I watched him try to solo the gnome at the docks in Nro to Iceclade.
This is the type of evidence that is not accepted here.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:37 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by randal.flagg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This is the type of evidence that is not accepted here.
It isnt evidence. But he had one and might have logs/screenshots of when he did.
Old 01-13-2021, 01:46 AM
Banned

If this is true, then that means I just bought a fake fungi for 200p B)
Old 04-02-2021, 08:34 AM
Planar Protector

https://groups.google.com/g/alt.game...m/oeuhjMqkCHEJ

There is an interesting exchange that occurs in this thread, which is happening around may of 2001. I'm just copying and pasting the exchange since the thread is kinda a sprawling mess. Esentially someone brought up the case of a "super twink" such as someone with fungi tunic and jade maces. Both people in this exchange seem to be under the impression that the robe still has regen on it.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

> In any case, the example used isn't a terribly realistic one, although
> I'm sure there's someone out there that's done it. Virtually everyone
> that bitches about twinks isn't crying about a level 6 in a fungus
> robe, they're bitching about a level 6 carrying a combine scimitar.

Actually there are quite a few people doing that. What happened in a lot
of cases is higher level people saw that they don't like their main
class/race and decided to remake as something else. I've seen a lot of
high level monks remake as iksar and give him all of their tradeable
equipment (makes for some impressive stuff), or remake their paladin
into ogre warrior, etc.
Closed Thread