Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

View Poll Results: Will Trump Leave On His own?
Yes 41 36.28%
No 72 63.72%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-26-2020, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woke Locc [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
'Seek Christ' won the idiom wars in the days before the Escalator. It's slowly become unironic due to repetition and the circumstances.

My good chum
Well "seek christ" I can see that for, but people discussing the bible like in depth seems to come up in almost every thread at some point, no matter how unrelated to religion the topic.

"People are being jerks at kunark camps"

"Please read exodus chapter 3"
Old 11-27-2020, 12:00 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by douglas1999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Well "seek christ" I can see that for, but people discussing the bible like in depth seems to come up in almost every thread at some point, no matter how unrelated to religion the topic.

"People are being jerks at kunark camps"

"Please read exodus chapter 3"
That's because, at its roots "Magic", and EQ by extension, derives it's theme from qaballistic and esoteric christian myth.

My apologies if your mid-wit is unable to see that connection, but it's fairly inarguable to state that the developers designing the game did not.

They literally have mobs who cast magic spells named qaballists or cabalist's.

The spells characters use derive their nomenclature from esoteric concepts. The list goes on and on, and here we are 20 years later...enthralled by the creation of a world where said concepts are explored, utilized, reified, and expounded upon while the large majority of playerbase claims to be atheist ( which is really just code for anti-Christian) muddling away and allocating the lions share of their life's time enamored by it.

If it's all bullshit, then why do you spend your entire life mesmerized by, and toying with, the concepts?
Last edited by Gwaihir; 11-27-2020 at 12:13 AM..
Old 11-27-2020, 12:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You're wrong. Of their time, they were not backwards or barbarous.

If you want to slam something at least speak proper egnrish.
Now if you had stated "by today's social standards" I would have let it slide. Your improper statements fuel these less educated minds that actually think the way you improperly said it. Which I know is not how you meant it and that you're not one of the uneducated minds I spoke of prior.

Information is power. How you convey information is powerful.
In our time, it's OK to murder babies in utero for convenience, while it's not OK to go the gym.

I wouldn't put very much stock in today's standards of moral relativity.
Old 11-27-2020, 01:42 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by theaetatus [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you would care to read what I wrote, I called the science of their time
This is probably the most incorrect way to view the bible.

it is very clearly history and cultural docteran.

For you to mix that up with hocus pocus and science ideas, just shows you have never realy learned the 10,000 year history, and I dont blame you, thats a lot of history.

Most atheist have this fake 90s hollywood image of the bible. That it's about a magic man and prophecy and all kinds of miracles and stuff. The only people that think that are people who know very little about history and the books themself.

There is only one reason to hate christian/jewish religion: you are an american (approx 30-50 years old) the american generation that rebelled against evangelical christianity in high school, or you're a marxist/fascist/ilslamic extremist.
Last edited by Jibartik; 11-27-2020 at 02:00 AM..
Old 11-27-2020, 02:17 AM
Fire Giant

So, where's Castle at?

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...postcount=3060

Pepperidge Farm remembers. It's gross, but it remembers.
Old 11-27-2020, 02:27 AM
Planar Protector

he and BB are men of their words, they legit said they would stop posting if he lost.

I have mad respect for that, Id never back my words like that.

Republicans man, they are crazy but they are honorable with the things that they are honorable about lmao
Old 11-27-2020, 03:04 AM
Fire Giant

Trumptard ≠ Republican

He's such a stupid smug prick, just like his hero. He needs to take his medicine.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:08 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobart [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Trumptard ≠ Republican

He's such a stupid smug prick, just like his hero. He needs to take his medicine.
Donald trump is actually quite self deprecating and humorous. You on the other hand, do come accross as quite a stupid smug prick.

Make a joke about yourself sometime, it's fun! It lowers the temperature in the whole room. It's good to do.
Old 11-27-2020, 03:42 AM
Planar Protector

The work he did was republican though. after all is said and done, the RNC came out on top.
Old 11-27-2020, 09:16 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
He was arrogant and bullheaded and wrong in many of his opinions ...
For sure, but I also remember reading about him in The 48 Laws of Power where Greene talks about how amazing it was that the son of a cheese merchant with minimal navigational skills managed to play the Iberian royals so well. Not just Isabella (of the Spanish Inquisition!) but Joao took him seriously. The man wanted 10% of all revenue from his discoveries in perpetuity! This would have made him and his heirs the wealthiest people in the world, but Isabella managed to sneak in a footnote that invalidated it, and Columbus never read the fine print, because, well, see paragraph #1 . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth
Don't lump me with that bunch, they tick me off
Mea culpa.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik
There is only one reason to hate christian/jewish religion
Jesus says that one can know the truth of spiritual teachings by their fruits, and the fruits of Judaism and Christianity have been 3000 years of constant war, oppression, and slavery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voltaire
I am convinced that everything has come down to us from the banks of the Ganges, - astronomy, astrology, metempsychosis, etc... It is very important to note that some 2,500 years ago at the least Pythagoras went from Samos to the Ganges to learn geometry...But he would certainly not have undertaken such a strange journey had the reputation of the Brahmins' science not been long established in Europe
Closed Thread