Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Server Issues > PvP Bugs

Old 06-22-2015, 03:58 PM
Planar Protector

There is absolutely zero damage difference between a one hander and two hander at the moment. Equip a wurmslayer then equip a skarlon (both 25/40) and you'll see they do identical damage. I believe this is working as intended until Velious.
Old 06-22-2015, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by heartbrand [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There is absolutely zero damage difference between a one hander and two hander at the moment. Equip a wurmslayer then equip a skarlon (both 25/40) and you'll see they do identical damage. I believe this is working as intended until Velious.
This is untrue.

At 60, the dmg bonus on wurmslayer and all one-handers is 11. Damage bonus on skarlon sword is 18.

http://codepad.org/NjMM455H
Old 06-23-2015, 12:55 PM
Banned

The fix for this in classic was to turn misses off.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:40 PM
Banned

I pvp on paladin often and never found myself having a lack of DPS they are fine, OP just sucks
Old 06-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by vouss [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I pvp on paladin often and never found myself having a lack of DPS they are fine, OP just sucks
Translates to. I have 5 corpsed soulfires because to kill anyone it takes all five charges by the time I get through another players hit points.

So yea Pally's fine
Old 06-25-2015, 08:40 AM
Banned

fought vouss's paladin once and he was unable to outdamage iksar + fungi regen and plugged at 10%
Old 06-25-2015, 09:45 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colgate [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
fought vouss's paladin once and he was unable to outdamage iksar + fungi regen and plugged at 10%
I have experienced similar results, i guess i just suck
Old 06-25-2015, 06:05 PM
Kobold

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000419.html

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20000919.html
Damage Bonus Changes

http://www.tski.co.jp/baldio/patch/20001121.htmlFixed weapon scaling problems with off-hand weapons and those carried by dwarves.

Have these been Implemented?
Last edited by Rexxin; 06-25-2015 at 06:16 PM..
Old 06-25-2015, 08:48 PM
Sarnak

Yes, that damage bonus code is currently on p99, and it means the fiery defender does a whole 1 point of dmg more than it did prior to 9/19/00!

The other note, aside from the fact it's so vague that I doubt anyone knows the details of it, is irrelevant because it apparently applied to offhand weapons and knights can't dual-wield.

The reason why knights do less dmg with the same weapons is because they currently use a different max dmg function than the pure melee classes (and rangers).

This gets changed in late Velious:
Quote:
The Knight classes receive some of the biggest benefits from this melee balancing. Our evaluation of knights showed that in many cases they were doing just over half the damage of a similarly equipped warrior. This is simply not enough damage to make them highly desirable in group and raid situations. The changes we are implementing put knights at a bit over three-quarters of the damage potential of a ranger or a warrior. This represents a significant upgrade from their current status, without threatening the desirability of the ranger or warrior classes.
Suck it up until then.
Old 07-01-2015, 12:54 AM
Banned

Quote:
it's a fine trade off to click my stack of soulfires, knight damage is fine complain more OP