Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 01:27 PM
Planar Protector

Sid Meier's Colonization w/ TAC mod
World of Warships
Hearts of Iron III
Master of Magic emulated on DOSbox

Thinking about maybe starting up Diablo 3 again haven't played it since release.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

P99 and Romance of the Three Kingdoms 4.
Old 02-13-2016, 01:37 PM
Planar Protector

So I don't have an extensive list, I tend to stick with a game for quite some time if I find something I like. Often that is either sandbox games or open world games, or both styles in the same game as they can be one or the other or both.

So, obviously P99, and on blue. Though I'm sure like most mmo's there are some that are just forum warriors and hardly ever log on hehe. I play often, but I screw around a lot, not into the raid scene or anything traditionally hardcore. I almost treat the game like a sandbox, though it's just an openworld game. Would have been awesome if it were though, but still is. Like yesterday, I spent the whole evening killing low mobs just to work on a stack of black armor dye. The game has it's charms. Was on classic live. Then played on PEQ grand creation a lot (the original emu server), since it's launch too, but not so much there in recent years.

Next up, I still play Skyrim since it's launch, after morrowind and oblivion. In total, probably more time into Skyrim than any other current game I play. 1000's of hours, still haven't done everything I'm sure. I use mods like the hunters guild. Make/script my own followers. Best guild is the Dark Brotherhood. The archery system is the best thing about the game, and other useful assassin skills [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] "We know"

Then, X3 series. Currently still playing X3:TC and X3 Rebirth. They are kinda different, as Rebirth is set apart from the actual series in a lot of ways. Rebirth (aka stlilbirth) had a horrible launch, but after years of patching it's quite nice. Sandbox openworld space game sim, 4X elements, RTS style, first/third person, rpg, epic fleet battles, just a lot to it. Rebirth being most of that, but a little easier to play, little more single cockpit fighting.

Also, ARMA 3. ARMA 3 (neet player made trailer) more or less a military combat battlefield simulator. imo most advanced out there, and the commercial version of the NATO adopted training sim called virtual battlespace made by the same company. ARMA simulates mostly infantry and support (tanks, aircraft etc.). Tough to learn, but has serious payoff. Lots of conversion mods too. Good company, no microtransactions, a few paid DLC's (I have them) but also free content updates. Free 3D editor (I'm doing beta) and big DLC expansion on the way.

Finally, Space Engineers. It's your typical minecraft survival build style sandbox, but in space, and now on planets with the free planet update. You build tech stuff, fly/drive around and shoot things more or less. Some good mods, like there is an exploration mod I like. Some good stuff.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-13-2016, 04:11 PM
Planar Protector

Playing some Dying Light The Following now that its released.
Love me some zombie decapitations. Was going to post a link to a gif of that but I don't want to get in trouble for violence. The game can be pretty brutal.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:22 PM
Kobold

been playing warhammer online some, return of reckoning server. waiting for it to get to t4 before I really get into it, its up to t3 now.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:43 PM
Banned

I'm slowly making my way through fallout 4 and also did som Nostrialis grind but gave up at same level I always do in wow.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:46 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daywolf [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So I don't have an extensive list, I tend to stick with a game for quite some time if I find something I like. Often that is either sandbox games or open world games, or both styles in the same game as they can be one or the other or both.

So, obviously P99, and on blue. Though I'm sure like most mmo's there are some that are just forum warriors and hardly ever log on hehe. I play often, but I screw around a lot, not into the raid scene or anything traditionally hardcore. I almost treat the game like a sandbox, though it's just an openworld game. Would have been awesome if it were though, but still is. Like yesterday, I spent the whole evening killing low mobs just to work on a stack of black armor dye. The game has it's charms. Was on classic live. Then played on PEQ grand creation a lot (the original emu server), since it's launch too, but not so much there in recent years.

Next up, I still play Skyrim since it's launch, after morrowind and oblivion. In total, probably more time into Skyrim than any other current game I play. 1000's of hours, still haven't done everything I'm sure. I use mods like the hunters guild. Make/script my own followers. Best guild is the Dark Brotherhood. The archery system is the best thing about the game, and other useful assassin skills [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] "We know"

Then, X3 series. Currently still playing X3:TC and X3 Rebirth. They are kinda different, as Rebirth is set apart from the actual series in a lot of ways. Rebirth (aka stlilbirth) had a horrible launch, but after years of patching it's quite nice. Sandbox openworld space game sim, 4X elements, RTS style, first/third person, rpg, epic fleet battles, just a lot to it. Rebirth being most of that, but a little easier to play, little more single cockpit fighting.

Also, ARMA 3. ARMA 3 (neet player made trailer) more or less a military combat battlefield simulator. imo most advanced out there, and the commercial version of the NATO adopted training sim called virtual battlespace made by the same company. ARMA simulates mostly infantry and support (tanks, aircraft etc.). Tough to learn, but has serious payoff. Lots of conversion mods too. Good company, no microtransactions, a few paid DLC's (I have them) but also free content updates. Free 3D editor (I'm doing beta) and big DLC expansion on the way.

Finally, Space Engineers. It's your typical minecraft survival build style sandbox, but in space, and now on planets with the free planet update. You build tech stuff, fly/drive around and shoot things more or less. Some good mods, like there is an exploration mod I like. Some good stuff.

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Space engineer is awesome!!
Old 02-13-2016, 05:37 PM
Fire Giant

Dota 2, Torchlight 2, Dark souls 2, Team Fortress 2

I'm all about them twos.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:48 PM
Sarnak

halo the master chief collection
halo 5
nhl 16 online eashl - class based 6v6
bloodborne - just started. what do those who have played the souls series think of it?
age 2 - new dlc recently
Old 02-13-2016, 11:21 PM
Aviak

been messing around with Kerbal Space Program - it was on sale on steam. Pretty fun!
Closed Thread