Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Fire Giant

I was playing Diablo 2 so much my performance at work was suffering. Decided I needed a new game to play to take my mind off D2. Saw the vanilla cd of EQ. Life was just something I did between sleep and EQ after that.
Old 03-07-2016, 09:26 PM
Sarnak

Me and my friends from middle school played mostly Blizzard games; SC, WC3, D2. When we saw the WoW trailers that were coming out, we were blown away by the whole idea of an open world, multiplayer, and character building. I didn't know what MMOs where back then - my best friend knew what EQ was, but he hadn't played it. We couldn't wait for WoW to come out, so we decided we should play EQ to tide us over until WoW released. It far surpassed our expectations. A year later, my best friend moved to WoW like we had originally planned, but I had become an EQ loyalist. As two young MMO addicts playing two different games and going to two different schools, we completely lost contact after that.
Last edited by Hitpoint; 03-07-2016 at 09:30 PM..
Old 03-07-2016, 11:06 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bman703 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
all really great stories my aunt played it back in 1999 as well as I did I was a 11 year old kid my first toon was wood elf ranger named tango and when I started the game and logged on I asked where the ranger guild was and someone said over there and I went over there fell off the bridge and was very dissapointed and camped and logged my ranger out and deleted him still to this day I hate the woodelf city
sig worthy
Old 03-07-2016, 11:25 PM
Aviak

My cousin and uncle, who were highly active raiders on RZ (Wudan I believe) recruited my dad to play with them; I was 11 and wanted to try it out too... I lasted about 2 weeks in pvp and actually gave up eq all together iirc - came back and created a char on BB shortly after Velious was released and the rest was(is?) full on immersion.
Old 03-08-2016, 12:58 AM
Kobold

Send a message via ICQ to vageta31 Send a message via AIM to vageta31 Send a message via Yahoo to vageta31

I was playing UO at the time and was able to get myself into the final beta phase for EQ. My first character was a human ranger and I remember thinking something was wrong with my video card because it was nighttime in Surefall Glade and I couldn't see a thing. I could see the UI itself just fine, but the game was just a huge black square. Finally I caught glimpse of a torch and realized that human eyesight at night was horrific. I ended up rolling a wood elf ranger at launch, got him to 20 and then realized how bad rangers were. I then rolled up a wood elf Druid and kited my way to 50 before Plane of Fear first opened.

I was there on release day as well. I took the day off work only to find it impossible to login until around 11pm that night and was wishing I'd have taken the following day off instead.
Old 03-08-2016, 11:38 AM
Kobold

My dad use to play Dungeons and Dragons with his buddies at work and one them turned him on to the game. I was eight years old at the time and remember watching him play a wood elf Ranger.

I showed such an interest in watching him play that he paid for me an account. We played together for years up through Omens.

He's also responsible for telling me about p99.

He passed away December 17th of last year. He hadn't played EverQuest in a very long time but I can thank him to this day for my love of high fantasy. Feeling nostalgic about playing with him is actually what made me recently return to p99 after about a half year.
Old 03-08-2016, 01:36 PM
Planar Protector

Told a friend that I hated UO. He said, "You should be on EQ." A week later, I was. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-08-2016, 02:21 PM
Planar Protector

i was doing naggy with brad mcquaid in 1994
Old 03-08-2016, 02:40 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitpoint [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Me and my friends from middle school played mostly Blizzard games; SC, WC3, D2. When we saw the WoW trailers that were coming out, we were blown away by the whole idea of an open world, multiplayer, and character building. I didn't know what MMOs where back then - my best friend knew what EQ was, but he hadn't played it. We couldn't wait for WoW to come out, so we decided we should play EQ to tide us over until WoW released. It far surpassed our expectations. A year later, my best friend moved to WoW like we had originally planned, but I had become an EQ loyalist. As two young MMO addicts playing two different games and going to two different schools, we completely lost contact after that.
Hey pal!
Old 03-08-2016, 04:30 PM
Fire Giant

When I was young my parents handed me a piece of slate and a slate pencil and taught to play games like tic tac toe and hangman as I grew up technology proceeded to advance. First came Pong, then the systems began to advance with the Commodore, then Atari, then Nintendo, as the consoles became more advanced so progressed computer games with Oregon Trail, and other games. I retired and realized I was bored with things and decided to check out games for my computer and found Everquest. Now 16 years later and I am still playing through content I was playing through then. It is funny how easily we can be amused sometimes.
Closed Thread