Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2016, 07:36 PM
Large Bat

A coworker and I talked a lot at work. We worked at a place called Lucent Technologies. He had a group of friends and they would sit at a table on breaks/lunch and talked Everquest together. I would lurk on their conversation, but never really got involved. At this point I was 23, and just kind of getting out on my own, with my own place. I barely afforded furniture, and didn't own a computer yet. One day I asked him about EQ, and he was kind of surprised that I would be interested in it. Most of our conversations revolved around drinking, girls, sports, that kind of thing. I was more the type to go out to bars than play games he said. He was going on about something called "Scars of Velious" coming out next month, and that now was the time to start playing. He started telling me about his 56 Enchanter, and 52 druid. He said he could twink me, and power level me if I were to play. Any class/race I wanted. Anyway I was sold, and worked overtime for two weeks, blew off rent for a month and bought me a gateway, along with the game.
Old 03-09-2016, 08:36 PM
Sarnak

used to travel 3 hours for a weekend visit with my High school friend who turned his basement into a nerd paradise. Half the basement was for table top RPGing and the other half was lan party central. I would pack my desktop tower and monitor (CRT) and join the party except I made the decision in 2000 to try a game called Asheron's Call but I would always watch over my shoulder at he and his room mate playing EQ. My first experience was watching him explore this place called Blackburrow.

I would watch his friend , a ranger, do this repetitive task of making metal bits. Seemed awfully tedious. the next year I started playing EQ. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 03-10-2016, 12:56 AM
Aviak

Had a good friend who spent tons of time at my house, eventually brought a game box over. His Uncle was a poopsocking neckbeard and occasionally let my friend use his account. We signed on at my house (it barely ran) and he showed me his characters, one of which was a shadow night female human, who eventually hit level 58 on the moon.

I tinkered a bit, never getting even to level 20. I recall installing an expansion which introduced new character models, I was only able to turn on one at a time. Chose dwarf because they rock.

Ended up just moving on, Halo came out, lan parties started, wasn't my account anyway, computer wasn't upgraded that year, etc. Also, meth happened.

Ooh I also played a hell of a lot of FF9 at that time. Good times.
Old 03-10-2016, 05:23 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by LethClaypool [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My dad use to play Dungeons and Dragons with his buddies at work and one them turned him on to the game. I was eight years old at the time and remember watching him play a wood elf Ranger.

I showed such an interest in watching him play that he paid for me an account. We played together for years up through Omens.

He's also responsible for telling me about p99.

He passed away December 17th of last year. He hadn't played EverQuest in a very long time but I can thank him to this day for my love of high fantasy. Feeling nostalgic about playing with him is actually what made me recently return to p99 after about a half year.
Sorry for your loss as well man atleast you and him had some good adventures
Old 03-10-2016, 03:59 PM
Orc

Beta tested phase 3 and 4, with friends from Ultima Online.
Old 03-10-2016, 04:59 PM
Kobold

Dude played Isengard mud from there it didn't take him long, actually it did take him long. My friends kept on me to play its so much better than text based, your gonna be floored when you see this sh!t. And the Dude was most certainly floored when he made his DE rogue on vallon zek. They ple'd The Dude up to 50 in a few months then we de-leveld to 16 or so my god the slaughter Backstabbing the little ones for over 200. blood was in the streets, and the Dude was laughing at them all taken there hard earned platts. Until verrant patched the skills then the Dude was hunted by gangs of groups i couldn't go anywhere without and //ooc theres the f@#cker lets go get him. needless to say the Dude after 2 years of red went on to the blue server and never looked back. And Never played a rogue again. Dude likes to keep 1 spot open but just cant find it in him to hit the create button. That's trauma, of a red server.

Now that I have found p99 things are starting to look up once again for the dude. To new beginnings and such.

https://www.twitch.tv/p99_dude

F@$k it, Dude, let's go bowling
Closed Thread