Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 12:33 AM
Kobold

Default Port for donation logs?

Any project current running where people are tracking who is donating what for ports from where to where? Initial thoughts would be to include name, guild, level, class, from, to, donation amount, and whether a donation was solicited or not. Perhaps a field for comments about context too.

Might be nice to see what people are paying and who is a cheap @$$ vs who pays top dollar. Thoughts?
Old 02-18-2015, 12:35 AM
Large Rat

If you're that worried about it why not say a set price yourself? "50PP for port to BFE"
Old 02-18-2015, 12:35 AM
Planar Protector

If such a source of shared information actually existed, it would surely be trolled with bad data to the point of being worthless.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:00 AM
Sarnak

higher level chars pay more, there you go.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:11 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Higher level characters *should pay more
CR should be free too

<Infernus> Oceanic Guild of Champions
Old 05-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Roshi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2015, 01:08 AM
Fire Giant

I have found that saying donations appreciated but never required pays out more then demanding people pay you. Because of this I have had people come up to me and give me 50p to a peice of kunark set item because I ported them while they were on a CR or it was an alt. Pretty much just don't be a dick and you will make more.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:22 AM
Orc

Why? Who gets to define who's a cheapskate (cheap a$$, whatever)?

What if I just bought a full round of spells, so I have 5pp to my name, and I gave it ALL for a port? Am I a cheapskate because I only paid 5pp, or am I generous because I gave all I had?

This is an indefinable thing. If you say 'donations', then you have to trust that the person donating is doing just that.

If you want no less than 10 plat from under level 20 and no less less than 40 from lvl 20-40, and no less than 100 from lvl 40-60, then say so before you port them. If they aren't willing to pay your fee, don't port them. If a person is a cheapskate because YOU had an assumed amount and they didn't "donate" that... then you're the one with the problem.

An unspoken assumption is an expectation. A spoken desire is a boundary. Expectations will always let you down. Notice I didn't say the person who didn't meet your unspoken expectation let you down... YOUR expectation let you down.

When a person doesn't listen and violates your boundary, then you have a leg to stand on with regards to calling them a cheapskate (cheap a$$, whatever).

If a person can't afford your fee, they don't travel with you. It's that simple. Then you're happy and they're happy because everyone knows exactly what to expect of each other now and in the future.
Last edited by Nimmanu; 02-18-2015 at 01:25 AM..
Old 02-18-2015, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

I don't really see the purpose for this. As a part time taxi myself, the donations I receive are all over the map. I've gotten 100pp or awesome items from naked level 10's for easy ports, and been low balled or "sorry bro in a hurry catch u next time" by level 60's from "reputable guilds" or complex or obscure pickups in the middle of nowhere. I'll say the the number of flakes or cancellations has declined tremendously for me since coming back after a 4-5 month break. Peoples donations have seemed to increase overall as well. This may be due to an overinflated economy though.
Bhear Ghrillz - Level 51 Druid - Dial A Port | Oggre - Level 44 Warrior | Revenance Vampirus - Level 40 Necromancer | Mottley Crue - Level 30 Rogue | Renovatio - Level 3 Cleric | Abradolf Lincler - Level 40 Cleric | Drowning - Level 35 Enchanter | Oradan Omnipotent - Level 57 Magician | Chubbz Zilla - Level 40 Monk - Scaled Brotherhood
Old 02-18-2015, 01:36 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimmanu [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Why? Who gets to define who's a cheapskate (cheap a$$, whatever)?

What if I just bought a full round of spells, so I have 5pp to my name, and I gave it ALL for a port? Am I a cheapskate because I only paid 5pp, or am I generous because I gave all I had?

This is an indefinable thing. If you say 'donations', then you have to trust that the person donating is doing just that.

If you want no less than 10 plat from under level 20 and no less less than 40 from lvl 20-40, and no less than 100 from lvl 40-60, then say so before you port them. If they aren't willing to pay your fee, don't port them. If a person is a cheapskate because YOU had an assumed amount and they didn't "donate" that... then you're the one with the problem.

An unspoken assumption is an expectation. A spoken desire is a boundary. Expectations will always let you down. Notice I didn't say the person who didn't meet your unspoken expectation let you down... YOUR expectation let you down.

When a person doesn't listen and violates your boundary, then you have a leg to stand on with regards to calling them a cheapskate (cheap a$$, whatever).

If a person can't afford your fee, they don't travel with you. It's that simple. Then you're happy and they're happy because everyone knows exactly what to expect of each other now and in the future.

It's all perception. You would still be a cheapskate.
Closed Thread