Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Red Community > Red Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2020, 03:42 PM
Sarnak

Angry [RANT] Why Red 2.0 would suck even if it ever happened

Quote:
Medris Yesterday at 10:38 PM
There is nothing against the rules about pvping someone while they are kiting. There IS something against the rules around intentionally attempting to cause someone exp loss. Honestly in the event this type of situation happened & we were asked to make a ruling, we would need to review recordings to make a call one way or the other to determine if there was evidence that the intention was to cause exp loss.
Clueless enforcement of server rules will always be a thing because none of the GMs know what a PvP server is or willing to take the time to find out.

I'll spell it out for GMs in an attempt to help them understand. City of Mist is a zone, a guild will gravity flux all members besides the bard to unreachable locations. The bard then power levels hundreds of new alts that your guild will have to fight. The bard moves fast, you can't kill a fast bard, so you attempt to slow him down, the entire zone worth of mobs catch him and he dies, you get a two week suspension or more for PvP'ing a bard.

Alternatively your other option is to tuck your tail and follow stupid rules enforced by people who have never played on a PvP server and the enemy levels unlimited alts for you to fight but you can't even pvp them while they are leveling and then lose raid targets to a clearly very fun and engaging PvP playstyle.

The correct solution for a PVP server is and you might have guessed it but it's actually PvP! You and your guild PvP for zone control to allow your bard to safely power level your guild and have other guild members ready to help you defend so you can maintain zone control. Swarming 5+ characters constantly should carry risks.

On red the exp is so fast no one cares about an exp death outside of griefing noobs but everyone gets hard when they can convince some GM to ban the competition for 2 weeks + for no reason.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 12-21-2020, 03:47 PM
Banned

you could also not play on a dead pvp server
Old 12-21-2020, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

I don't play anymore but I did log on and kill two people in Mistmoore a few days ago so I'm probably already banned again for PvPing.
Tried to get immersed in Velious but quickly got burnt out by there being no challenge, the intensive raid schedule and pressure to be 100% or close to it with RA. In Nihilum, having 70% RA + meant you were a neckbeard, in Empire, 70% was the equivalent of being inactive status.
Old 12-21-2020, 04:42 PM
Banned

I logged into red99 a few weeks back, maybe a month or so ago onto a secret alt.

OOC is dead.

PvP is dead.

Raiding is dead.

All that was left was what appeared to be a bunch of new players holding on so they can reach level 60 on a Project99 server and 75pct of them will quit and go back to blue or green once they realise the shit stain of a server Red99 became/is.

I threw some OOCs out about how dead the server was and someone messaged me telling me why they were putting me on /ignore.

Would literally rather play a 59 Paladin on Blue with 2-3 bits of raid hear vrs a 60 Paladin with tons of clickies, weapons, gear.

Reason: EQ is an MMO, you play to play with other's...Red99 basically is a single player server where people pencil in group sessions and collect gear from camps they normally won't ever get to see on Blue/Green.

It's not dissimilar to when you grow up and your parents tell you only 1 chocolate per day from the fridge, so you and your siblings dance around all excited when you get your one chocolate, it's a fun shared experience...but on red it is when you grow up and can buy a whole packet of chocolate and you can gorge it all down in one night, lonely, and have no one to share the experience with....and then you just end up fat and lonely with 10x level 60 toons decked in NToV gear.

So ultimately all you end up with is 10 empty chocolate packets and no experiences, or fun.

(Hopefully some of you can relate the chocolate to character's relationship).
Last edited by White_knight; 12-21-2020 at 04:51 PM..
Old 12-21-2020, 04:47 PM
Fire Giant

Then stop logging in. Wtf is wrong with you people.
Old 12-21-2020, 04:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by strongNpretty [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Then stop logging in. Wtf is wrong with you people.
dealers choice? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-21-2020, 05:01 PM
Sarnak

Can we please get back on topic on why the next server will be a failure and not why this one already is one please thanks.
Last edited by Jeni; 12-21-2020 at 05:13 PM..
Old 12-21-2020, 05:02 PM
Planar Protector

A super sad post like that from Jeni is pretty meaningful to me and is definitely real discouragement.

I would hope that staff learns a thing or two since 10 million years ago when Red 1.0 was created. In a zone like COM obviously any damn possible thing you can do is on the table. It should be virtually impossible to get a ban for doing anything to players on PVP server with the possible exception of some raid interruption stuff that is probably over my head.

Maybe we should just ban Bards?
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 12-21-2020, 05:03 PM
Banned

its because everyone crys so much so they come up with shit like this.

cant blame them
Old 12-21-2020, 05:04 PM
Planar Protector

I think the best approach is the Wild Wild West option. No rules, let the server police itself. Balance is bland. The forces of good and evil should be free to battle each other for supremacy. It would be way more engaging imo and the thrill of victory against all odds would be increased ten fold. The chaotic neutral server police faction would be fun as fuck imo