Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Melee

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2021, 04:05 PM
Large Rat

Default 50 bard LF chill solo spots

Hey guys,

So i want to get back into EQ and looking for some chill spots to solo as a 50 bard.
I am not looking for the best exp/h or loot, I am more interested in fun places to grind some mobs for an hour or so at a time.
I stopped playing right when kunark released but was 50 a few months before so I'm not in any raid gear.

Any recommendations ?
Old 12-08-2021, 07:21 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

That really depends on the style of hunting that you're looking for!

Since you mention "chill" solo spots, I'm going to assume you mean not swarm-kiting. If you aren't swarming, you'll pretty much be fear-kiting and drum-dotting down (which is what I mostly do on my bard) or charm-killing. Are you interested more in afk-camp spots where you do one kill and then chill for a few minutes in between, or something more active?

There are lots of nice afk-camps listed in Sesserdrix's necro guide: https://wiki.project1999.com/Sesserd...e#Levels_51-54 which you can use, mostly as a bard it would be charming.

Also, if you haven't already, take a look at the per-level hunting guide! It has a nice selection of places and mobs to hunt, in various styles for various classes: https://wiki.project1999.com/Per-Lev...ng_Spots_50-54

Otherwise I know a few afk camps I could recommend, but since I also still use them I'd rather just PM them to you, lest they get crowded! ;3
Old 12-09-2021, 02:29 PM
Sarnak

I liked TD Raptors; 50 is lower level than I found it but I think it should work. Pull like this guy describes, https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...88&postcount=9, but don't use ae snare -- instead, keep jboots up and use all three dots.

Edit: the loio goblin camp he describes sounds fun but I didn't get a chance to try it.
Old 12-09-2021, 03:09 PM
Planar Protector

i dont think bard and chill go together
Old 12-09-2021, 06:28 PM
Large Bat

most of these should be doable at 50, maybe stick to guards, city of mist, and DL/BW until 53/54 and you get song of twilight/ae snare. Once you have those songs there is much less risk of death and resists on lull/mezz/fear.

decent afk or semi active charm camps:

guards in everfrost (or ice giants), felwithe, kelethin, butcherblock (kaladim is possible but risky, guards quad and path through walls and its an indoor zone)

dreadlands or burning woods are good outdoor zones, charm a ravishing drovlarg and give it a torch, hold agro on another mob with chants and snare. Burning woods giant fort is great for old school swarm kiting (charm a pet and quickly train your pet)

traks teeth: hunter/forager cycle is not bad, very tedious to run and collect PHs but same idea, charm the hunter, give him a torch and kite foragers/PHs until you run out of mana, some of the higher level named that spawn you can only safely solo via fear kiting, but iksar bp/iksar illusion mask are great items to sell.

Another good one is to give a torch to hunter/forager, bring them to the huge camp of spectral keepers, fight them close to where they spawn and they wont gate and start to run despite being undead, they should be almost dead by the time your charm breaks and you can finish them with chants.

city of mist and karnors castle are good if you are looking for a dungeon. City of mist is great because there is ton of space to work with. You can do whatever you want here, charm/fear/swarm (dont disrupt the zone)

gloomwater mermaids near estrella's room are difficult at 50 but good as well using charm, chants, and mez to keep yourself healthy. I bet you could do solb as well but i dont know that zone well.

2 giants in FM giant fort are a great afk camp from 55-60 (technically 50-60 but you'll get a lot of charm resists)

in velious, GD, EW, and WL are great outdoor zones, or the wyverns in cobalt scar (always camped). Velks and DN are insane swarming spots if you want to get through 59 fast (need to be high enough level for snare song to not get resisted in velks, and need SoW for DN, snare resists too often even at 60).

sebilis and howling stones (west and north?) are also lots of fun to solo as a bard, but you want to be closer to 60.

i tended to avoid swarming a lot while leveling but once i got the 54 song i found it much less risky and enjoyable. You can also swarm in indoor dungeons with it.
Last edited by damaddar; 12-09-2021 at 06:34 PM..
Old 12-10-2021, 11:22 AM
Planar Protector

I just hit 54 on my bard. Have never swarmed.

Do I have the basics right? Run around w/ selo's and get 25 mobs, tighten them into a pack running in circles, AoE snare/slow, then chords of diss, denon's?
Last edited by Toxigen; 12-10-2021 at 11:25 AM..
Old 12-10-2021, 11:38 AM
Sarnak

When I want to chill as a Bard and not work too hard, I just charm. The drolvargs outside , or just inside Karnor's Castle, are a good camp with lots of two-pulls and safe access to a zone line. Inside KC you can just pull pairs to the exit ZL and charm so you are away from respawns and can just zone if things get dicey. There's enough room to snare+dot and avoid taking hits to finish the other mob off.

At higher levels I was able to keep the entire Captain area clear. You can solo both the Warlord and the Captain by pulling to the zone line and either charm or fear kiting (the Warlord summons so it is not for the faint of heart, but someone will kill it for you so you can go back to XPing).
Old 12-10-2021, 12:53 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toxigen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just hit 54 on my bard. Have never swarmed.

Do I have the basics right? Run around w/ selo's and get 25 mobs, tighten them into a pack running in circles, AoE snare/slow, then chords of diss, denon's?
If the camp has room you skip the snare and include the 48 dot. Lock in strafe run by starting a tell or reply while strafe running and click on the chat window to get keyboard control back, then circle with mouse look to land the dots. Strafe run is enough to outrun default runspeed mobs.
Old 12-10-2021, 07:19 PM
Planar Protector

Bards are complete shit 50+ unless you are good at swarm kiting,and if you were you would not be asking, so basically kick rocks
Frostbane Wolfeye - Green99 - 54 Shaman
Cruetraxa Macequest - Green99 - 60 Necromancer
Snowleopard Wu'Tong - Green99 - 60 Monk
Lobsterhands - Green99 - 55 Cleric
#FreeWuTang
Closed Thread