Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 02-18-2015, 01:46 PM
Orc

When porting on my wiz and people ask, I tell them tip what ever they can afford and feel right with.

The only thing that pisses me off off is when someone unloads all their silver/gold on me for a 50+ plat tip. Motherfucker I'm a wizard, that shit bring me to a crawl with my low STR.
Old 02-18-2015, 01:55 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tip more if the bozo porting me isn't wearing GEBs.
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forming new guild: <Dial-a-Bozo>
Class/Level/Gear Requirements: 44+ Druid or Wizard, must have and wear GEBs

I mostly port only guildies and friends on my druid and I won't accept tips from them, so I don't have a good feel for how well or poorly the community at large tips. When I pay for a port I really don't give a damn if the porter is naked or blinged out. Argh's being more than a bit silly here. I mean, if it was a thing to tip more for not wearing decent gear the same twits who bag their gear to abuse the "... CRs always free!" porters would just have their own druids bag their gear to abuse that custom as well.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:08 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argh [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I tip more if the bozo porting me isn't wearing GEBs.
That is so dumb... If someone is spending time to port for plat because they are out of plat, you will tip them less if they have one item on worth a few k?

Everyone should add this idiot to their do not port list
Old 02-18-2015, 02:16 PM
Planar Protector

This is kind of funny ^^ OP wants to restrict in game information concerning prices to benefit his business while at the same time seeking additional information to undermine potential customers. Self interest is rational, but this type of thing is precisely the reason we have laws lol ^^
Old 02-18-2015, 02:17 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exalt [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It's all perception. You would still be a cheapskate.
Exactly. Any amount will be too little to some people. No matter how much it is.

On the other hand, others are grateful no matter the amount. I always like to give these people more and I go back to them time and time again. And as I get higher level, I pay a bit more. If they're willing to take my 5pp when I was only level 10, then I'll be really happy to give them however much I'll be paying when I'm higher level. I'll seek them out specifically because of their kindness and willingness to appreciate the fact that, to me, that 5pp was a LOT.

Nimmian (Womanly Warrior) - "I go where the winds of Karana drive me."

Amris (Girlie Bard) - "Right now, I'm thinking heavy metal. No, really, lambent is heavy."
Old 02-18-2015, 02:20 PM
Large Bat

I'm a bit surprised that ports are so competitive on the server. I don't understand why such a utility would ever be useful, why do we need the ability to compare donations from certain players? The very concept of donations should not be compared, as they are not something that is, by definition, expected of a player to provide in exchange for a port. Now, if you were selling ports, that's a different story, and you may charge whatever you please for the service - just make it known up front that the player is expected to pay. Don't pawn it off as a mandatory "donation".

I personally use the Karma based payment system. I never advertise and I never demand or expect donations - I'm sitting in the EC tunnel selling items, I can take the extra 2 minutes to port someone and then gate back to the tunnel. Most of the time, the generous player will toss a couple coins my way in appreciation for my willingness to fling them across the continent at no charge anyway.

Personally, as a rather new player on the server playing a less desirable grouping class, I've found folks are more apt to invite me along on their dungeon crawls after remembering the handful of free CR ports or alt crawls I've done for them in the past - and that alone is better payment than a couple platinum. Kindness goes a long way.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:22 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaev [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Forming new guild:
<Spin-a-Port>

Random destination. More you donate, the greater your odds of going where you want.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-18-2015, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Meh, who cares. I've ported so many people and it just varies and there is no 'special way to advertise' that will all of a sudden make you a port baron rolling in the plats.

Most people pay a fair amount and that's all that matters.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

on tallon zek classic, going rate for port was 50 plat. people would sit at spires waiting for wizards to show up. when the wizard came, he would usually sit and wait until he had a full group before even doing the port.
Old 02-18-2015, 02:45 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by myriverse [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
<Spin-a-Port>

Random destination. More you donate, the greater your odds of going where you want.[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I would like to see all porters adopt this so I could start up my own <Cheap-Ass-Ports> offering teleportation rescue services to marooned cheap asses ^^.
Closed Thread