Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 05-23-2015, 08:00 PM
VIP / Contributor

I always tip within 10 increments of my level.
1-20, I tip 10p.
20-30 I tip 20p
30-40 I tip 30p
40-50 I tip 40p
50-60 I tip 50p.
60 I tip 60p.
It's the way to go imho.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 05-23-2015, 08:09 PM
Fire Giant

50-100p depending on where I want to go, e.g. EJ evac with pickup in EC would be 100, port to WC from a ring would be 50

If the person porting me is badly geared and/or an obvious newbie to the server, tips have been known to be much higher
Old 05-23-2015, 09:10 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by khanable [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
dial a port should start tracking this sort of stuff

would be pretty funny to see which guild, on average, tips the best, and which guilds are copper peddling scrubs
Some of the lads have done a few projects like this in the past will see if I can dig some up.

One thing we preach is to not use the word "Donation" in their porting msg as we offer a service, at the same time we also tell our members you will do better off jsut taking what people give you rather then setting a certain amount for ports. Porting is an up and down game you win some and lose some in the end it all works out.

When your group, has gone astray
Call <Dial-A-Port>, we'll take you right away.
When you're looking for a better place to play,
<Dial-A-Port> will be online all day!
Diaaal-a-Porrrrrrt!
Old 05-23-2015, 10:14 PM
Fire Giant

I tipped well past few days while doing my epic. This was because the porters were really helping me out and in a couple cases they included multiple stops or coming back to get me a couple times. I tip what I can and like irl if I really like the service or they go that extra mile I give them extra. But its all up to the person requesting the service on what they feel it is worth. In the end if they only feel its worth 20pp then you really cant get upset you just make it up later from someone else.
Old 05-24-2015, 01:07 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Secrets [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I always tip within 10 increments of my level.
1-20, I tip 10p.
20-30 I tip 20p
30-40 I tip 30p
40-50 I tip 40p
50-60 I tip 50p.
60 I tip 60p.
It's the way to go imho.
At level 20, do you tip 10pp or 20pp?
Old 05-24-2015, 01:12 AM
VIP / Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
At level 20, do you tip 10pp or 20pp?
Normally 20pp. Lately i've been doing rounding as if 15 level was 1.5, and round that up to 20p.

I tend to tip higher when exiting a level range.

“Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” — Aristotle
Old 05-24-2015, 02:04 AM
Planar Protector

I tip 10pp regardless of the circumstances. That's 10 more pp then they had before they ported me. If the person is taking me multiple stops I tip 25-50pp depending on how I feel and how they act. The porter is taking no risk and only uses mana / a short amount of time.

porters shouldn't expect to be paid anything. If you are a porter and you do expect to be paid, list a price or say you're porting for donations. Be thankful there are veteran players who spree and give you a payday rather then being sad or angry that not everyone forks over their plat for your mana/short amount of time.

Calling someone cheap because they don't pay a lot is self entitlement if you don't say you're porting for a set price. Druid is the most played class on the server, It's not hard to find a port. Why should I be called names when I can find 100+ other players to replace them? (during peak)
Last edited by Baler; 05-24-2015 at 02:13 AM..
Old 05-24-2015, 03:24 AM
Planar Protector

Highest I've paid for a port was 3k, was really stoned and really wanted to go to gfay. Normally tip 200 for ports into kunark, evacs are 300+ depending upon the availability of a porter, classic zones are 100 and under but never below 50.

edit: Did an epic thing once which required me to have a porter for like six ports, paid him 5k for 2 hours of random messaging
Old 05-24-2015, 08:44 AM
Planar Protector

Why the OP is complaining and even started the thread is beyond me. A Porter, Druid especially, makes 20 times more in a year than say a Cleric, or Chanter grouping all the time.

Hell l have have made embarrassing scary money Porting, PLing on my Druid that when I play my other classes I NEVER loot and pass on a ton of rolls, Unless it is a Fungi, CoF lol, because I know the others are poor as shit compared to what I have made..

Every porter has a Shit List for people that stiffed them paying nothing, not even saying thanks on top of that. But I have been given items worth 3k, 4k for ports also. It evens out over the long run for sure. OP is Crazy if he thinks he is being screwed being a Porter. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Last edited by webrunner5; 05-24-2015 at 08:47 AM..
Old 05-24-2015, 11:23 AM
Fire Giant

I don't even care if I get tipped honestly, I don't expect or require for any run etc..people who have, will give, those who do not won't..anyone in between has to live with their own conscience.

Last night I was tipped such things as gems, ring of goblin lords, etc..I like getting trinkets..adds some variety to it! It is fun..

And I always provide in flight sustenance - Trolls, Ogres, Iksars get Rabbit or Chunk of Meat and all others get Berries or Veggies.

Its a fun mini game within the game to be a taxi, make the most of it, don't just expect 100s of pp per port or disappointed you will be.
Closed Thread