Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaezil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The flaw with your logic is there is constantly more and more plat being pumped into players every minute the server is up. People never lose plat over time unless they constantly make very very bad trade deals. The average amount of plat or items worth plat any player has always only goes up. So people can get away with charging more.
So spider fur belt was worth 200-300% more over a period of a couple weeks because there is always plat being generated? If that's the case, then shimmering terror hide cloak which drops in same zone/area should have also seen a large increase, it didn't.

When P99auctions opened, the price of a lot of items started dropping quickly. As soon as the tunnel fat cats hacked it into shutting down, prices on all of those items began to rise again. I doubt that's coincidence, and I would guess that's the same reason why they already attempted to shut down p99tunnel.com

The flaw in my logic was trying to apply logic to an elf pixel market that's mostly arbitrary and thrives on a lack of information available to the buyers.
Old 05-25-2017, 05:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So spider fur belt was worth 200-300% more over a period of a couple weeks because there is always plat being generated? If that's the case, then shimmering terror hide cloak which drops in same zone/area should have also seen a large increase, it didn't.

When P99auctions opened, the price of a lot of items started dropping quickly. As soon as the tunnel fat cats hacked it into shutting down, prices on all of those items began to rise again. I doubt that's coincidence, and I would guess that's the same reason why they already attempted to shut down p99tunnel.com

The flaw in my logic was trying to apply logic to an elf pixel market that's mostly arbitrary and thrives on a lack of information available to the buyers.
the stats on the belt are much better than the cloak, and there are better cloaks already available. Belt slots always seems to be lacking. the flaw is how you're trying to compare items.
Old 05-25-2017, 06:08 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
the stats on the belt are much better than the cloak, and there are better cloaks already available. Belt slots always seems to be lacking. the flaw is how you're trying to compare items.
What item would you compare? It just doesn't seem probable to me that a bunch of people just realized Spider Fur Belt was a good twink item a few months into 2017. If the demand suddenly skyrocketed I don't think the guy would have been auctioning "WTS Spider Fur Belt 3k" everyday while everyone else was asking at least half that.

Are you disagreeing that EC prices are frequently successfully manipulated or are you just disagreeing on this specific item?
Old 05-25-2017, 06:34 PM
Sarnak

If I used a wc cap instead of hammering every time I needed to get outta the ToV ent I could just buy beads with the cost of recharges
Old 05-25-2017, 06:45 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyclin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triiz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What item would you compare? It just doesn't seem probable to me that a bunch of people just realized Spider Fur Belt was a good twink item a few months into 2017. If the demand suddenly skyrocketed I don't think the guy would have been auctioning "WTS Spider Fur Belt 3k" everyday while everyone else was asking at least half that.

Are you disagreeing that EC prices are frequently successfully manipulated or are you just disagreeing on this specific item?
spider fur belt is one of the best droppable belts in the game for melees with desirable stats and +40 hp, esp. for monks as its 0.1 weight

closest comparisons would be white wolf-hide girdle or silken cat fur girdle, which sell for about 4-6k.. go figure
Old 05-25-2017, 06:46 PM
Fire Giant

not sure why my image post got quoted in there but w/e
Old 05-25-2017, 06:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:

Mostly about this specific item. EC prices always fluctuate, a fungi was 70k 1.5 years ago and is steadily going up again.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:15 PM
Fire Giant

They used to be more useful was FD/ sneak was OP. You could single pull and break any camp, including casters, super easily.
Old 05-25-2017, 07:29 PM
Fire Giant

you realize you can summon an eye then FD and use it to move everything out of your way when pulling right?

The biggest example of this is kael if you dont want to kill PoZs
Old 05-26-2017, 02:59 AM
Kobold

I am surprised that people do not know the huge potential of this object and the multiple things which we can make with. Tekilya you should take advice with your guildmates instead of making a fool of you.

Former TMO / Aftermath - Retired from Blue
Deathproof Tete`de`Mort 60 Necro.
Jemora 60 Rog.
Sinitrose C`la`Crise 60 Sham.
Sheana Kanbake 60 War.
Yapas D`Lezard 60 Monk
Patate Creme`Fraiche 60 Wiz.
Gnolife Le'Roi'Soleil 60 Mag.
Bisou Frenchkiss 57 Clr.
Closed Thread