Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 04-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yes. The spells_us.txt file contains two components about spell icons. The first tells which icon to use for the spell itself; as seen in the spellbook and casting bar. The second tells it which icon to use for the buff window. There is also info in there about range, damage and all the other effects associated with what a spell actually does.

The amount of icons available matches up with how many there were at the end of Velious. The icons are picked based on how many were available for the timeframe that p1999 is at - currently the classic 23 icons are available. This would change with the release of the velious UI change (which was around the end of kunark iirc) allowing the other 120 or so icons to be used in the spellbook. So you will see all movement spells use the foot icon, all illusions would use the same icon for clarity and dispell as examples. This is how it was in classic.
I just read this again, and it's sinking in. Hopefully I'm still not understanding this correctly, but no matter which set of spell icons I choose, strength, agility, and charisma buff icons will all be an arm flexing, and strength debuff icons will be an arm flexing, because that's classic?
Old 04-02-2011, 11:55 AM
Fire Giant

Correct.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:22 PM
Orc

what am i doing wrong, everytime i run installer it resets everything (windows, friends list, etc)
Old 04-15-2011, 12:07 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The bars are HP/Mana/Sta/XP/Breath. If you want to revert back to the standard player window drop the attached file into the folder (its the one from the velious standard UI).
Okay ... if I want the XP/Breath version... where can I find that EQUI_PlayerWindow file? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mooka
Old 05-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Large Rat

I am getting an error that says GUI XML files. Check for UIErrors.txt
How do I fix this?
Old 05-01-2011, 11:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooka [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Okay ... if I want the XP/Breath version... where can I find that EQUI_PlayerWindow file? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

-Mooka
Its in the extras.zip. Just pull out the EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml file and drop it into your Velious folder.
Old 05-01-2011, 11:21 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlinniel [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am getting an error that says GUI XML files. Check for UIErrors.txt
How do I fix this?
You haven't unzipped the default.zip files in section 1 first. Go back and follow the instructions again.
Old 05-05-2011, 02:53 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Hello everyone,

First off great job on the project and the community efforts.

I just dropped off EQ2 and Rift to once again immerse myself in the One game that started it all for me, as many here, back in 1999 and I must say I am very impressed with the feel of being back where it all began.

That said, I managed to install the game, change all the required parameters and get into the game, but now I'm trying to modify and tweak the UI.

My goal is to get it back to an as-close-as-possible UI as it was upon launch.

My closest feel as of yet is the Velious Titanium build suggested on page 1, yet a couple of interrogations remain :

1) Has anyone found a way to get the true original UI with the chat box, spell gems, etc as it was upon launch ?

2) With the Velious UI the "EQ" button which brings up the options menu has disappeared, does anyone know how to get it to show up ?

Cheers,

edit :

By original UI upon launch, I mean having the "parchment" background on the spell book and chat window for example.
Last edited by erwani; 05-05-2011 at 07:08 PM..
Old 05-10-2011, 10:14 PM
Decaying Skeleton

Thx alot this helped so much
Old 05-11-2011, 03:06 AM
Banned

Waiting for new jobs. come easy. thanks