Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Off Topic

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2021, 01:05 AM
Banned

Who started cancel culture?
Old 05-13-2021, 02:32 AM
Planar Protector

someone who wanted their opponent silenced, or someone who wanted someone spewing vile shit to stop.

easy to imagine the beginning of this.

in modern time though, generally speaking, conservative group try to cancel shit.
Like the mothers who made the explicit stamp on stuff happen, they initially wanted to cancel rock. Christians don't like gay characters.

And liberals don't like when Milo Yiannapo-what's-his-name-again-lis come on campus to discuss debunked ideas. Go talk about that on corporate playground where people believe you but don't bring your alt-right racist bullshit on campus.

you can see both modern side engage in culture war.
just depend on what you end up defending.

mr potato head.

or marginalized groups.
Old 05-13-2021, 07:30 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
someone who wanted their opponent silenced, or someone who wanted someone spewing vile shit to stop.

easy to imagine the beginning of this.

in modern time though, generally speaking, conservative group try to cancel shit.
Like the mothers who made the explicit stamp on stuff happen, they initially wanted to cancel rock. Christians don't like gay characters.

And liberals don't like when Milo Yiannapo-what's-his-name-again-lis come on campus to discuss debunked ideas. Go talk about that on corporate playground where people believe you but don't bring your alt-right racist bullshit on campus.

you can see both modern side engage in culture war.
just depend on what you end up defending.

mr potato head.

or marginalized groups.
Hey man I don’t believe Canadians are this bad at English, you sure you’re not a Palestinian or something?
Old 05-13-2021, 08:05 AM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byue [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Where is the outrage I know you can have
Not your personal army, boomer

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 05-13-2021, 09:00 AM
Banned

The right absolutely does not take part in cancel culture at the same level. Laughably idiotic.
Old 05-13-2021, 10:08 AM
Banned

lol
hilarious.
I would post the list but who cares. We all know thats just silly. I do remember all those hippies protesting mason, metallica, the doors, elvis, eminem, lolol
Old 05-13-2021, 12:09 PM
Planar Protector

I mean, at one point, conservatives called them Freedom fries, tried to cancel nascar (like really bro you think we watch that crap?) and a bunch of artists.

Some school libraries ban books because characters use witchcraft. Others do because of profanity or sexual content, or because of uncomfortable themes like racism.

But a great deal of the most frequently challenged books of the last decade center around LGBTQ characters and themes, an analysis from the American Library Association revealed.

Doesn't take a genius to know that steve fucking rick upset conservatives big time and they melt and god hates fags and shit.

Think about it, the book would have to be severely fucked up and pro very fucked up things to be banned by the "inclusive" left.

Just, can you choose? Either we are inclusive and kumbaya-ing our way into the destruction of the western civilization or we are cancelling everyone who disagree with us because we're the real racists -did I write racist? I meant fascists- but you can only pick one.

p.s: denying reality like the culture war around face masks and why they work -ask your surgeon about this next time he operates you!- is trying to cancel much more than fries, or people, or a general election. When you keep talking about a fraud you cannot prove, it is a lot like a dude in the subway yelling that god told him to do this.
If you believe it, you believe it but it has no basis in reality and that is cancel culture at its fucking zenith man.
Last edited by Byue; 05-13-2021 at 12:12 PM..
Old 05-13-2021, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatherSioux [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The right absolutely does not take part in cancel culture at the same level. Laughably idiotic.
Liz Cheney says hi, dumbass.
Old 05-13-2021, 12:12 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-13-2021, 12:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by indiscriminate_hater [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Urban II
Closed Thread