Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Technical Discussion

Old 05-14-2010, 12:09 PM
Sarnak

Send a message via AIM to Xumosa

make new folder on desktop named Vert, unzip it to there, drag that folder to your everquest/uifiles folder then go into uifiles go into default copy the following:

gemicons01.tga
gemicons02.tga
gemicons03.tga
spells01.tga
spells02.tga
spells03.tga
spells04.tga
spells05.tga
spells06.tga
spells07.tga

as javeDK previously mentioned then go back into the vert folder and paste, overwriting everything it asks then delete the EQUI_Buffwindow

and you should be good to go, thats if you are downloading savok's version of it

if you are downloading gorgetrapper's i dont think you need to do anything special, havnt heard any complaints..

so just extract it into a new folder and put it in your everquest/uifiles directory
Old 05-15-2010, 10:20 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by isdnelson [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@gorgetrapper

I love what you've done here, but this reminded me of something I did in EQLive that I would need to change here as well.

For the player stats window, I recall that I either edited or downloaded that file so that it only showed the top half (not the resists or stats below them). This allowed me to stack the player window with the group window to match the height of the inventory window for more efficient use of space (and I still have access to that info via the inventory ui).

Could you point me to the file I need to edit to achieve this? I have a dangerously limited understanding of XML, but i should be able to figure it out if I observe the structure.

UPDATE:
EQUI_PlayerWindow.xml is the file i do believe, and so far I've done nothing but break it, haha!

Thanks much,

Gnada
I'm still on vacation atm but find the EQUI_Playerwindow.xml and go right down to the bottom to the very last <size> tags and change the Y (vertical) size to hide the lower half of the window as needed. For the resist icons in the same window you have to have the following files from my UI to see them:

The version of isons you want to see (from any UI):
gemicons01.tga
gemicons02.tga
gemicons03.tga
spells01.tga
spells02.tga
spells03.tga
spells04.tga
spells05.tga
spells06.tga
spells07.tga

plus my EQUI_Animations.xml file.
Old 05-18-2010, 02:31 PM
Kobold

Savok I was wondering if there is any chance that you might consider splitting the player window in two: one for the bars and one of the the resists/stats? It would make customizing it to fit ones preferred setup a little easier.

Also thank you very much for this awesome UI. It has already added to my EQ experience.
Old 05-18-2010, 06:53 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaVeDK [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Savok I was wondering if there is any chance that you might consider splitting the player window in two: one for the bars and one of the the resists/stats? It would make customizing it to fit ones preferred setup a little easier.

Also thank you very much for this awesome UI. It has already added to my EQ experience.
Yeah I will add a tabbed box version as an optional download at some point.

(Still would like to know who has the name Savok stashed away so I can actually use the name in game!)
Old 05-18-2010, 07:13 PM
Orc

Sorry, I've only just recently seen this thread and don't feel like reading through all the pages.

Has anyone gotten this to work yet on P1999? If so, can we have the official instructions updated on the Opening Post?

World's first MMORPG with true family systems
Player-created villages, dungeons and items
Dynamic weather, monsters and events
Old 05-18-2010, 07:57 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You can find the download here. Just unzip it in to it's own little folder in the uifiles folder and /loadskin <folder name here> in game, where <folder name here> is what you called it.

Please give me any feedback you may have (positive or negative).
Here you go.

Savok: that's awesome, thanks!
Old 05-18-2010, 09:14 PM
Orc

Thanks everyone for your work on this. I've made some modifications of my own thanks to the advice in this threat that I'm very happy with.

Much appreciated!
Old 05-19-2010, 08:30 AM
Fire Giant

Moving my UI to its own forum post here.
Old 02-25-2012, 09:51 PM
Banned

touchy my fucking ass