Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 05-14-2021, 09:46 PM
Banned

Question Faction?! Race, class, diety? Game Mechanics.

So I've read:

https://wiki.project1999.com/Game_Me...tem_and_Levels
https://wiki.project1999.com/Faction
And several forum posts and reddit posts.

However my reading comprehension isn't terribly great sometimes.

I'm aware player characters have a personal modifier. That starts at zero. And that other modifiers are added or subtracted to this total. Max ally is at plus 2000 and max scowls is -2000, for a total range of 4000 points. It seems like we may start at different numbers per faction based on race, class, diety and it's just stamped on at character creation. Rather than applied after our efforts. *I would like confirmation of this! For example a half elf druid may get -900 to bloodsabers at character creation. +50 for being half elven. -200 for being a druid and -750 for worshipping Karana. Just guestimmating these numbers off the top of my head. I'm not super 100% sure they're accurate.

Through my actions in game I can gain 2000 points putting me just at the start of allied, 1100. However it may be possible to go all the way to 2000 anyway as the modifiers for race, class, diety aren't maybe part of the consider? Just part of character creation, a one shot deal as my character file is loaded or written for the first time? As an emulator function? For further clarification one way starts me at -900 inside my own personal faction data. The other way 900 is simply subtracted every time the bloodsabers check my faction? All assuming no spells like alliance etc..

Also most importantly, what is the most I can personally adjust faction in game from quests, or defeating non player characters? 2000? 4000? 40000? 1100? Aside from the other adjustments in play?

Hope that this is helpful and clarifies how faction works on p99 for anyone interested. There really are only guides for doing quests, no real clear answers on the general web, reddit, etc.

Thanks for taking the time to consider all of that [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.] It's something that has been rattling around my head for years. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.][You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 05-15-2021, 01:30 AM
Kobold

I never really thought about it but I'm guessing the maximum faction cap in either direction also counts your innate character modifiers (race class and faith) BEFORE your personal effort, so there's only so much you can lose or get by farming.

23 y/o forever DM and old school fantasy nerd - Discord: midoo
Odym Drekk
- 54 BAR SHM (main) || Midoo - 52 BAR WAR (alt)

Old 05-17-2021, 12:24 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midoo [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I never really thought about it but I'm guessing the maximum faction cap in either direction also counts your innate character modifiers (race class and faith) BEFORE your personal effort, so there's only so much you can lose or get by farming.
It should in theory work this way. My hunch is it doesn't. I have done very little testing. Would have to see how many kills it takes to floor a faction like I illustrated in OP. Then see how many it takes to get back to threat or dubious. That'd probably work.

If it takes more killing to floor it than to repair it. We will know if it's correct.

I suspect it will floor fast, then repair all the way to positive 2000. Overwriting any initial faction!
Old 05-17-2021, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

I'm fairly sure faction modifiers for race/class/deity are applied at character creation.

My reason for believing this as when basic faction modifiers for these factors get updated, they only seem to apply to new toons rolled, not to existing ones.

I also believe this ties in to the issue of treeform / minor illusion failing to make most factions indifferent (I suspect these spells removed race/class/deity modifiers on live).

Gorgen (Blue) - Agnostic Troll Warrior of the XXXI Dung

Old 05-17-2021, 03:11 PM
Kobold

My iskar necro was "cannot get any worse" with dark reflection. I killed this dude: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shondo_Billin 4000 times and am now Max Ally.
I counted. I am not proud.
Old 05-17-2021, 04:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by madgarin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
My iskar necro was "cannot get any worse" with dark reflection. I killed this dude: https://wiki.project1999.com/Shondo_Billin 4000 times and am now Max Ally.
I counted. I am not proud.
Yep! This answers my question. (You should be indifferent or apprehensive at best! If faction worked correctly I guess!)

I'm proud of you anyway. Good work!
Last edited by starkind; 05-17-2021 at 04:05 PM..
Old 05-17-2021, 06:31 PM
Planar Protector

I am not into min maxing gear but when I care about a character I get all my factions absolutely on point and its the best.
Lost but not forgotten.
Old 05-17-2021, 07:25 PM
Kobold

I got my lizard necro to max ally with every faction I could in all old world cities. The only 1 not possible was the wood elf rogues. I don't recommend it.
Old 05-18-2021, 01:05 AM
Fire Giant

Not sure if it works that way here, but I knew of some examples of certain race/class/deity combos on live that would top certain factions at lower than average intervals.

As an example, a wood elf ranger of Tunare could get Amiable as the highest with most of the groups in Neriak. And no matter how much work they did, a worshiper of Veeshan would never become un-KoS in Cabilis.
Old 05-18-2021, 05:51 PM
Aviak

Quote:
Originally Posted by tadkins [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Not sure if it works that way here, but I knew of some examples of certain race/class/deity combos on live that would top certain factions at lower than average intervals.

As an example, a wood elf ranger of Tunare could get Amiable as the highest with most of the groups in Neriak. And no matter how much work they did, a worshiper of Veeshan would never become un-KoS in Cabilis.
Certain Factions have variables to adjust this based upon your race/class/diety. So let’s say you’re max +2000 with dark elves as a wood elf Druid of tunare. That de mob is of a faction whose variables considers you -900 for wood elf, another -900 for worshiping tunare. I’ve learned recently that a lot of the scripts are actually a part of the zone and the NPCs reference the zone, so that might be why your factions are off +/- 100 depending on your zone: someone fat fingered the faction variables or maybe the devs wanted one zone of giants to be more hostile then another since you’re closer to their king. No positive but this is my understanding.