Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Class Discussions > Tanks

Closed Thread

Old 06-27-2018, 07:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by beargryllz [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ripostes, either given or taken are such an infinitesimal amount of damage either way
Beyond leveling content, ignore riposte at your peril. It looks small on a log parser but it's the spikes that kill you. Damage spikes due to riposte damage become very significant when tanking difficult opponents, particularly since the knightly classes lack any discipline-based damage reduction. Eating a couple of 400 or 500 damage ripostes in quick succession can quickly make the difference between a complete heal landing versus eating dirt. If I'm a tank for something that I'm worried might kill me, I won't even turn on attack and hold hate solely with spells.

-----------------------------------------------

For the most part there isn't a lot of difference between 1H and 2H. You see Shadow Knights (and Paladins) using either because, ultimately, either will get the job done. Don't over-think it.

Danth
Old 06-28-2018, 09:59 AM
Banned

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danth [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
as the situation dictates.
please explain this statement to me like i am level 5
Old 06-28-2018, 12:30 PM
Planar Protector

If you are face tanking casting taps between Ebon Mace swings will ruin your dps. A slow as F 2hander, not so much. Even aggro spells, while fast casting, aren't as quick as a 24 delay hasted 1h.

Less an issue for group work than solo or duo.
Last edited by Snaggles; 06-28-2018 at 12:33 PM..
Old 06-28-2018, 02:39 PM
Banned

So if I’m casting a spell it skips the attack until the next swing, is that right?
Old 06-28-2018, 02:52 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by LulzSect© [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
So if I’m casting a spell it skips the attack until the next swing, is that right?
No.
Old 06-28-2018, 03:44 PM
Planar Protector

As I understand it just suspends the swing timer. You don't miss one but rather you will swing as soon as the spell lands.

You still want to try and cast between swings but it's not as bad as missing an entire round. With a 1h that's way harder than a 40 delay thumper. Part of the reason why an Oggok Cleaver has an iffy ratio but it's still pretty great for a SK if you're casting slow taps.
Old 06-28-2018, 04:01 PM
Planar Protector

Yrep, snaggles, that's exactly that, when your swing timer is out, if casting it is suspended and will resume as soon as the casting is done, resulting in instant hit, you will not miss swing, but it delay them resulting in lower dps... At this time, my 2hander is better than my one hander, so it's a no brainer when you take in account raw dps, the ripost issues, the time lost casting... It's 2hs all the way, except when I really need those extra resist on some boss aes...
Old 06-28-2018, 06:50 PM
Banned

On launch, I played my SK to 30 on red without knowing this information.

Thank you 2 the last 2 postsers 😃🙏🏽

**still murdered alot ppl tho
Old 06-28-2018, 08:21 PM
Kobold

I try to start cast right after a melee round. This keeps that lost time to a minimum.
Old 06-28-2018, 08:40 PM
Planar Protector

Lol at people discussing sk dps...

Hint: you have none
It was at this point I decided to no longer be kind to the casuals as they have extreme short term memory. They did this to themselves, unfortunately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner View Post
No one in A/A cares that you aren't getting pixels. In fact after the last suspension wave the attitude is to stop letting the casual guilds get anything even remotely of value.
Closed Thread