Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Important > News & Announcements

Closed Thread

Old 09-09-2019, 05:34 AM
Skeleton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogean [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
We will continue to make changes as we feel necessary to restore a classic atmosphere and difficulty, including non-classic changes to meet those goals. To not do so otherwise would result in a server far detrimental to the health of the community as a whole..
Rogean, if it wasn't for you and the team, I wouldn't have the ability to play P1999 and for that, I can't be more thankful. EQ, in this form is the best MMO ever released. It's difficult, its unforgiving and it requires thought and attention at all times. Failure has ramifications.

No matter what I decide to do now, I just want you to know that.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:47 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by FungusTrooper [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I mean.. how could they police GINA? Introduce a logger that checks to see if it's running, and if so, close your game? I doubt people'd be happy with P99 constantly scanning their running programs.

Pretty sure they'd ban it if they could, since it's not classic.
Writing log file was classic, wasn't it? So anyone could have written a log parser. Maybe it was not so widely known as GINA or other tools today.
Old 09-09-2019, 05:48 AM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
If you were using buttons on the pet window, then you could just make a 'proxy pet window' using the socials tab of the abilities window. Fill out on of the ten socials pages with the commands that formerly lived in the pet window (with a health report button replacing the hp line).

This way you get to keep your mouse operated pet commands without having to use any space on your hot bar.
Good advice! :-)

Maybe could even create a GINA to show sort of a health par based on /pet health report. Just bind it to a movement key or something.
Old 09-09-2019, 06:42 AM
Orc

Can someone link me their v48 please? I want to try and install that and then v49 to see if it sorts anything out. Thanks in advance. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-09-2019, 07:02 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by KOOLLAYD [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can someone link me their v48 please? I want to try and install that and then v49 to see if it sorts anything out. Thanks in advance. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
On one computer I did v47->v48->v49 and on another v47->v49 it worked on both. It's seems two common problems seems to be that it's broken on some Mac and that bitdefender don't like a dll and quarantine it, check if your issue is not one of them (the offending dll is dsetup.dll at the root of the p99/eq folder)
Old 09-09-2019, 07:20 AM
Skeleton

Default How do you change to full screen and change resolution

After the patch I cannot find how to access the screen where you change Res and go from window to full screen . Is that all gone now ? that small EQ button is missing
Old 09-09-2019, 07:29 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarr [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
After the patch I cannot find how to access the screen where you change Res and go from window to full screen . Is that all gone now ? that small EQ button is missing
Alt + O
Old 09-09-2019, 07:35 AM
Skeleton

Thank You
Old 09-09-2019, 07:47 AM
Fire Giant

1- Combat Window disappearing everytime you zone is intended? I understand the Ress Window, Translocate Window also became server side default size, anyway to make those stay as we default them?

2- Can we work on a Leash situation instead of root situation for Ntov Dragons? Even if its a 10 feet leash, still fighting it in his lair. Also love the changes and adaptation for the server(the more challenging the better) and would love to see custom content inc.
Last edited by Brocode; 09-09-2019 at 08:02 AM..
Old 09-09-2019, 08:09 AM
Fire Giant

Wait, pet bar was removed? That's extremely disappointing. It's understood that it's not classic, but it's been with us for years then taken away - would have been best to remove it immediately, if the plan was to take it away later. It's a bit demoralizing, to say the least.

Gonna miss the QoL the pet bar offered to make pet stuff fun instead of tedious - felt so normal it felt classic. What's next, the multiple chat bars? Item links? Minimum 2 minute zoning times? Forced low resolution? Some things are meant to adapt to the new age of what's considered classic, imo.

> "Also /pet health is the command and in the text box it will say "my health is 88.95%"

Welp, we traded pet bar for bountiful amounts of hotkey pet hp spam chat. Sure this is worth the downgrade for the classic experience?

Quote:
Originally Posted by loramin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There was never a "Red server" on live.
Mate, RZ was the only server to defeat an unkillable dragon. Come, now. Sure, the collected pop was only of 1 server, but it was a strong community and made things significantly more interesting. Even to this day, I prefer 20 pop red over 200 pop blue. Blue is just so flavorless. P99 red is as close as it comes to the RZ experience, only with no need for a NO DROP set (monks are pretty stoked about that, esp, haha). I love it, and those at Red I can't see going to a Blue again after that (once you go red....)

Even then, green? That's awesome that they've come this far, but ... who really wants to start over completely, again, naked with no plat? We're not teenagers, anymore - although I wish, time is a bit scarce as time goes on. I mean, enough time to play eq, but to start over *completely*..... idk maties. Either way, it's not pvp, so I'm skipping it - but just reflecting what others may or may not do.

I'm curious to see what the population will be, but I feel like there's more hype over people that will actually join (unless there's a /copy or something)~

But I do have time to play my existing chars that took me years to get to where it is now ~ I love my red toons. As long as there's enough out there for me to at least duo with, I'm happy.
Last edited by mischief419; 09-09-2019 at 08:36 AM..
Closed Thread