Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 05-19-2017, 06:42 AM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Llodd [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Csg did try to craw... ahh feck it, replying to Maner is a fools errand
Old 05-19-2017, 10:53 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freezi [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
EQ raiding is not meant to be competitive nor was it ever exceptionally hard. It got progressively harder in later expansions but it's still just an MMO. Not a whole ton of skill required by any stretch. Learn the boss mechanics and push the buttons at the right time and win. All these dickwaving morans bragging about their P99 FTE "competition" (lol) need to fuck off to an actual competitive game imo. Taking a noncompetitive relatively easy MMO and imposing artificial competition/difficulty onto it does not mean that's how its supposed to be. You thickheaded dipshit.

When I was a kid there was a playground at a nearby park that had a big plastic tic-tac-toe game on it. You could spin these plastic cubes with X and O's on them and play tic tac toe. I think we can all agree tic tac toe is not a hard game and wasn't meant to be a serious competitive game. What you (and other idiots like you) are doing with P99 it seems to me would be similar to implementing rules for that tic tac toe game to make it "hard" and "competitive". Imagine the tic tac toe game was only playable once per week and it unlocked randomly within a 16 hour window and only 1 match was allowed to be played but 10-15 groups of kids all wanted to play every week. Now imagine some of the shittier kids decided they deserve to play more than all the other kids so they set up a text message alert that will let them know when the game is ready at any time of day or night. Eventually everyone was doing that and the shitty kids decided to escalate to "win" the game and set up surveillance cameras to monitor when the game unlocked so they could rush to be the first kids to play. Eventually nobody gave a shit about the actual game anymore and the game became about beating the other kids to be able to play first and/or prevent other kids from enjoying the game.

I could go on and on with this analogy but I think you get my point. Do you not see how retarded that would be and how retarded P99 raiding has become? All this bullshit that goes on in the P99 raiding world is never how it was intended to be nor is it healthy or normal by any sane persons standards. Get help. It's not too late.
Get off your soap box, you sound literally retarded because you obviously have no idea about P99 raiding. If you knew what you were talking about I might argue with you, but from reading your post you have no actual idea how raiding on P99 works right now. Just because BDA got cucked into obscurity doesn't mean the raid scene is broken. Is there room for more than 2-4 guilds? No there isn't. You cant be in a guild and get beat week after week and have fun. With A/A and to a lesser Rustle, every guild is getting at least some kills ever week and it makes things work.

You do realize that 99% of the members of Aftermath/Awakened/Rustled are not staring at a share screen tracking right?

Is there room for tons of guilds - no - is it manageable with 2-3 guilds - absolutely.

If you want to raid join one of the raiding guilds - sorry if this crushes your sense of self or some bull sh!t self entitlement you have that makes you think "HEY ME AND MY 30 RETARD GUILDMATES DESERVE DRAGONS ALL TO OURSELVES". Well f#ck you - Awakened and Aftermath are both very easy to join and are not "exclusive" or "elite" in their recruitment practices. If you want to raid you are welcome to either guild.

The raid scene is the best it has been in a long time if you are a part of Awakened or Aftermath - The super neck beards are geared out now, the casual scum has stopped interfering, and the guild leaders in each guild have the game down to a science where we waste very little time. Even sh!t lords like myself are getting nice ToV loot.

TLDR - Stop your b!tching and just join one of the 2 server raiding guilds if you want dragons. There isn't room for 10 guilds in ToV and there never will be.
Old 05-19-2017, 10:56 AM
Banned

Oh and on Aftermath we have a 10% raid attendance requirement to get loot. 10%.... That's 2 raids per week and a total of about 30 minutes of play time.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:32 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Oh and on Aftermath we have a 10% raid attendance requirement to get loot. 10%.... That's 2 raids per week and a total of about 30 minutes of play time.
Yea -- but say your a rogue that wants to --you know -- up their damage. Welp, now you have to compete for that twice a year drop for the Myrokar Dagger (the only strict upgrade). there's about 4-5 Rogues with a good amount of DKP most the time...I think like 1 has it. You know what great about all this....it used to drop more in classic!! lol! They actually lowered the drop rate on "classic" p99.

Anyway, maybe if you had to clear a dungeon 2-3 times a week it would be worth sticking around for. But the concept of staring at walls at least 1-2 days a week for years? lol...

That's not a playstyle it's a mental illness.
Old 05-19-2017, 11:50 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maner [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I didn't say they didn't deserve them, i said that if you think killing a monster in classic Everquest is a challenge then you are mistaking. As proven by the fact that guilds who are not raiding guilds, and which have never stepped into the ToV competitive scene killed some dragons. Problem is it took them 4 days to do it, and none of them even attempted to dungeon crawl, which was the focus of their original complaints.

A/A is not rotating trak, and doesn't rotate draco... there are a total of 3-4 targets that A/A don't race each other for right now due to how many petitions stemmed from just those encounters. more misinformation from those a self proclaimed know it all. Its only hypocrisy to the uninformed, like you. What is funny though is even though its apparently common knowledge that A/A are rotating some things, these other guilds like CSG or rustle haven't even tried to capitalize on the fact that the A/A response will be slower than usual.
The skill involved in killing dragons isn't related to any one player pushing a button, it's related to the coordination between the 50 players pushing buttons. With enough setup time this becomes trivial for most mobs, as evidenced by the casual guilds killing mobs after 4 days+.

The skill required for coordination becomes greater when you have to insta-pull mobs with low player numbers as people are logging in. It would get even greater if the insta-pull made a comeback with the new leash mechanics.

Yes, the fact that the casuals haven't even contested the rotated mobs when they're left up for hours shows how bad an idea implementing this stupid lockout mechanic was.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:13 PM
Banned

Maners quote from above is wrong. How did I get my primal? Lol
Old 05-19-2017, 12:15 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It got lowered to 10%? Thats 30 day right?

I may have to pop in and collect some pixels..
Old 05-19-2017, 12:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JurisDictum [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Yea -- but say your a rogue that wants to --you know -- up their damage. Welp, now you have to compete for that twice a year drop for the Myrokar Dagger (the only strict upgrade). there's about 4-5 Rogues with a good amount of DKP most the time...I think like 1 has it. You know what great about all this....it used to drop more in classic!! lol! They actually lowered the drop rate on "classic" p99.

Anyway, maybe if you had to clear a dungeon 2-3 times a week it would be worth sticking around for. But the concept of staring at walls at least 1-2 days a week for years? lol...

That's not a playstyle it's a mental illness.
Anyone who plays EQ (p99 specifically) suffers from some level of brain malfunction. Its a deep time sink that only the afflicted can really appreciate. Calssic EQ was fun because you could not realistically get certain items and that made getting them feel more special - P99 = classic. QQ more
Old 05-19-2017, 12:31 PM
Fire Giant

hehe finally beat it down to the typical "you dont know what you are talking about or how the raid scene works" bullshit rhetoric which is pretty standard from the aftermath forum cheerleaders which incidentally seems to be the same 2-3 people always

Anybody who has raided here more than a month know how it works
Old 05-19-2017, 12:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
what if i dont approve of AM leadership personal life
Closed Thread