Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-15-2017, 11:38 AM
Kobold

Default How many Soulfires would it take...

OK, so I was just theorycrafting in my head, and I wanted to throw it out there for all the number-crunchers and over-thinkers like me: How many Soulfires would it take to kill AoW with a Soulfire cheal rotation, instead of clerics?

There's obviously many variables, the biggest ones being
1: How much dps you have,
2: How well geared your tank is, which is closely related to...
3: What delay your Cheal rotation is on

Does anyone have multiple sets of logs of AoW fights on p99, that could lend us some info? Like avg of how long the fights are, what the avg dps is, and on avg how many Cheals go off during the fight?

Oh, and for reference for anyone that's like "wtf is he talking about with Soulfire?" - http://wiki.project1999.com/Soulfire
Old 12-15-2017, 12:51 PM
Planar Protector

Agreed that it would be interesting to see without all the tricks we've come to know. On my live server I don't think AoW was even killed until Luclin came out, despite many attempts.

My guess is agro clicky / wort pots / Soulfire / Reaper over-abundance and knowledge played a big factor. Also don't recall druids using the charmed wolves for the fight, which seems to add a ton to DPS. Not sure if that was just not thought of or perhaps viewed as too much of a liability for charm breaks.

Clerics here have a ton more mana than they did in era too, along with any caster.

Ahhhh how nice it will be once everything is classic and we can get a better apples to apples fight comparison.
Old 12-15-2017, 12:56 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daldaen [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

I would wager you would need probably around 300-350 SoulFire charges which breaks down to 60-70 full SoulFires.
Allrighty, let's get 80 for good measure. When are we doing this? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-15-2017, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

How long does it take (roughly) to obtain one Soulfire? From that we can multiply the figure into the SF quantity. Curious how many hours it would take for one person to make this happen.

2027 comes around, and Toomuch is ready to go with his 8 Tinkerer's Bag's full of swords.
Old 12-15-2017, 01:35 PM
Sarnak

Would love to see a 100 man magician/necro pet zerg on vindi/statue.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:03 PM
Kobold

They are lore, so it'd have to be a group effort [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 12-15-2017, 02:11 PM
Planar Protector

Zero. You need 46.5 monks.
Old 12-15-2017, 02:15 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Check12345 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Would love to see a 100 man magician/necro pet zerg on vindi/statue.
Believe it or not, but it appears originally EQ had some code that limited the amount of pets that could attack a target (only 4 pets per target).

It was mentioned in this interview here.

Quote:
14) Is there a code imposed limit on the number of pets that can be actively
engaging a single monster, and if so what is that limit? -Istaron

A) Yes. No more than four pets can engage a single target. This is basically
to prevent use of only pets to defeat opponents. We think it's important to
have some player characters involved in the combat at times.
It should be mentioned that when this came out PLENTY of people disputed it as they had more than 4 pets engage targets. However, there was speculation that this was originally the case, but got inadvertently fixed when they changed pets to be more 'PC' like instead of 'NPC' like (was to fix pets procing 'Sword of Runes' on non-summoned NPCs).

I have been combing through videos trying to see evidence of this, but have yet to uncover anything very concrete (Verant had a habit of communicating inaccurate information). People typically did not want pets on raids anyways due to pathing issues, but I question if these pathing issues were really this behind the scenes code preventing them from engaging and causing them to wander?

I will say though, I did see some odd pet behavior in videos when 3 CHARMED mobs were engaged on the target along with a BST pet and a necro pet was just standing there despite getting hit by AoE. This was during SoL when I believe '/pet hold' was in place, so not exactly a smoking gun, but still curious.

So who knows what was truly classic. Get to ClassicQuesting people!
Old 12-15-2017, 03:40 PM
Fire Giant

Less than 50 soulfires. Its a viable strat that after 2 years im surprised hasnt been tried just for the LOL factor.
For maximum style points you could do this with a few warriors and 50 rogues and have each rogue do a 2 second soulfire heal chain then move to the next rogue after 10 seconds.
Old 12-15-2017, 03:52 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freakish [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Zero. You need 46.5 monks.
rofl

RIP Raev.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirken View Post
It is not a server that allows you to just show up and press the "free loot" button, and it's not a server that rewards you for simply existing.
Closed Thread