Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 02-14-2018, 01:30 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fragged [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Wait I can do better.

The classic

"I'm too much of a noob to understand EQ mechanics, must be:

1) Cheating/Hacking/RMT,
2) A/A's fault,
3) REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
4) All of the above"
bahahahahaha
Old 02-14-2018, 01:58 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghimmhala [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
How in the Fuck did you not know as a so called "raiding" guild you didn't know that Hail Locking wasn't ageist the rules? I call Bullshit!
Fact: no where in all the rules does it say anything about hail locking. You are assuming hail locking is stalling, however since the mob is not engaged when hail locked, anyone can grab that FTE. If the FTE is still open for anyone, that's not stalling.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:16 PM
Sarnak

Listen up nubs. Between Tormax and the bank there is only 1 path for a raid to sit on. That means when we show up we can either be behind you, on top of you, or past you, as long as there is plenty of room for pulls and splits (hint: there is a ton of room). From that point on its up to both guilds to perform basic pulls and splitsto bring in trash to kill, or even the raid mob itself. If you train us with the raid mob because you couldn't do that, it doesn't matter if we were near you, you just have to kick rocks for the day. Come back next quake having learned from the experience and try to pull KT in faster and cleaner.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:07 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teako [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hail locking is considered disruption, and exploiting the mob's ability to re-set naturally. It is a raid interference. It has -always- been against the p99 ruleset to hail lock raid mobs with factioned characters to prevent them from resetting.

https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...d.php?t=189856

You were moved half way up the ramp. We had to position as to not train your raid force while pulling. Shaolen triggered zero FTE's on King Tormax at all - he was not part of our pull team for this mob. However, Imrahn triggered LOTS of FTE's prior to his final FTE that triggered AM's slaughtering.

Not to mention Zotspox has 17 engages, Mistersmilez has 11 engages, and by my log/fraps I have about 8 different Azure Guard members spam hailing King Tormax as he was trying to reset naturally.

Sorry bucko, AG was in the wrong here. First, trained us. Second, stalled King Tormax with kiting for well, WELL over 18 seconds (roughly 2mins) Third, repeatedly re-engaged King Tormax with the same players in attempt to continually train all of Aftermath so we couldn't compete, and last but not least - Fourth hail locking KT so he couldn't reset.

AG was 100% in the right to concede this mob and get out of Kael immediately. This is four 20 day suspendable occurrences in once single raid. Ignorance of the raid rules is not excuse of the raid rules.
Hate to burst your bubble, but no where on that rule page does it say ANYTHING about hail locking.... in fact.... if you ctrl F "hail" there isn't a single hail word in the entire post. as far as "lock" or "locking" goes, they refer to lockout timers or locking up a mob AFTER you have agro.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:29 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hate to burst your bubble, but no where on that rule page does it say ANYTHING about hail locking.... in fact.... if you ctrl F "hail" there isn't a single hail word in the entire post. as far as "lock" or "locking" goes, they refer to lockout timers or locking up a mob AFTER you have agro.
This might have flown in TMO days but the staff has repeatedly stated 'letter of the law vs intent of the law' and in this case you would be convicted in P99 court of raid stalling since you were doing it for no other reason but to grief another guild.
Old 02-14-2018, 03:37 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meep [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@everyone

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 02-14-2018, 04:52 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder73 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
This might have flown in TMO days but the staff has repeatedly stated 'letter of the law vs intent of the law' and in this case you would be convicted in P99 court of raid stalling since you were doing it for no other reason but to grief another guild.
Can't grief by hail locking. (With the exception of obvioisly being a duche by draging the mob to some obscure or annoying corner with zero intention of killing it) The mob is still there to agro and get a FTE message.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:50 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puluin [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Can't grief by hail locking. (With the exception of obvioisly being a duche by draging the mob to some obscure or annoying corner with zero intention of killing it) The mob is still there to agro and get a FTE message.
I have to agree with that. A hail lock is a stall only if there is competition there trying to pull it from it's spawn point. Thats just common sense. As long as you aren't doing it in a way that keeps another guild from FTEing and killing, the staff isn't going to give you any problems.

On the other hand if I'm an AM monk I'm trying to perfectly time when KT's agro drops on AG people so I can get a clean FTE and bring to my raid. Hail locking is just poor form in that situation, but idk about being explicitly against no stall rule.
Old 02-14-2018, 05:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by coverjudge [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
y u so mad? because you only have 386 reeeetox bucks?
Hm I like this post
Old 02-14-2018, 06:39 PM
Fire Giant

Stay the course AG, all these veteran raiders are are just trolling you. Nothing you do is against the rules.

Have to remember that A/A are the server scum and that the raid rules aren't obscure, unwritten or applied without regard to previous precedent.

Whenever A/A breaks a rule it is done intentionally and with malicious intent.

Oh and they are all virgins that live in their moms basement, poop in socks and RMT.

<3
Closed Thread