Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Rants and Flames

Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2017, 09:48 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Harry Potter maps have been out for a long time. If your puller is really really good at bringing you names, he is using showeq
not classic

also, i guess they have been griefing players 24/7 doing some really heinous shit and DBG GMs give zero fucks.

it is quite interesting to note the shenanigans that are possible when the player base is so overcrowded especially early into the progression.

how can you have a 9 week progression server where the GMs allow massive griefing for half of the expansion if not the entire? the population is going to bleed off before the trolls move on and then your stuck in a empty world with a few boxers and mgbs with your only real option to pay krono for power leveling. so the trolls win the short con and the long con.
Old 09-01-2017, 10:19 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
not classic

also, i guess they have been griefing players 24/7 doing some really heinous shit and DBG GMs give zero fucks.

it is quite interesting to note the shenanigans that are possible when the player base is so overcrowded especially early into the progression.

how can you have a 9 week progression server where the GMs allow massive griefing for half of the expansion if not the entire? the population is going to bleed off before the trolls move on and then your stuck in a empty world with a few boxers and mgbs with your only real option to pay krono for power leveling. so the trolls win the short con and the long con.
There were def people using showeq and that other program back in the day. i'd be willing to bet you my next paycheck there are people using it on p99 also using a linux box and a hub.

i agree that agnarr is pretty fascinating. the farmers figured out their strats on phinny and ate the newbies up on agnarr. I think the fast unlock cycle intensifies the problem. Farmers know people are desperate to do content in era and a short period really ups the amount people are willing to pay for in era items even though it seems counter intuitive. Take VP for instance. folks are going fucking nuts about that key but the gear for the most part sucks. sure its good for the era but the era is itemized like shit and nothing is really "good" for more than an expac or so. once velious drops you will never go back to VP so i would just ride that shit out. i guess if you really need to experience a dual wielding Druushk you could go punch yourself in the balls for an hour, i think it feels similar

im not sure how much of the pop will bleed off really. you just have to make it thru 9 weeks of kunark and the farmers aren't nearly as much of an issue. Things will get squirrely again in luclin but as long as you have a manaburn friend for maidens you should be ok.
Old 09-02-2017, 03:53 AM
Planar Protector

PKer & Master Trainer and Terrorist of Sullon Zek
Kills: 1278, Deaths: 76, Killratio: 16.82
Old 09-02-2017, 02:12 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzzarTheGod [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
big money big money no whammy no whammy
Old 09-02-2017, 02:25 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhdjoseywales [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
There were def people using showeq and that other program back in the day. i'd be willing to bet you my next paycheck there are people using it on p99 also using a linux box and a hub.

i agree that agnarr is pretty fascinating. the farmers figured out their strats on phinny and ate the newbies up on agnarr. I think the fast unlock cycle intensifies the problem. Farmers know people are desperate to do content in era and a short period really ups the amount people are willing to pay for in era items even though it seems counter intuitive. Take VP for instance. folks are going fucking nuts about that key but the gear for the most part sucks. sure its good for the era but the era is itemized like shit and nothing is really "good" for more than an expac or so. once velious drops you will never go back to VP so i would just ride that shit out. i guess if you really need to experience a dual wielding Druushk you could go punch yourself in the balls for an hour, i think it feels similar

im not sure how much of the pop will bleed off really. you just have to make it thru 9 weeks of kunark and the farmers aren't nearly as much of an issue. Things will get squirrely again in luclin but as long as you have a manaburn friend for maidens you should be ok.
this whole situation makes me doubt the viability of green99. regardless of actual length of a given era if it is monopolized by trolls and hackers then it cannot be considered classic. i've done at least 5 petitions and it's always replied by the same GM with the same prefill template response. i think we've seen so many mmos fail due to lack of content but when content is not an issue it appears adequate server staff is the next hurdle. i wonder if the f2p mmo model is fatally flawed due to that reason.
Old 09-02-2017, 08:18 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valakut [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
this whole situation makes me doubt the viability of green99. regardless of actual length of a given era if it is monopolized by trolls and hackers then it cannot be considered classic. i've done at least 5 petitions and it's always replied by the same GM with the same prefill template response. i think we've seen so many mmos fail due to lack of content but when content is not an issue it appears adequate server staff is the next hurdle. i wonder if the f2p mmo model is fatally flawed due to that reason.
The TLP servers arent f2p tho
Old 09-02-2017, 09:55 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
i guess it's an evolution of the f2p with primary revenue coming from the in game cash shop with reliance on a small player base.

the nominal fee to get on the premium server is nothing more than an complex captcha considering the effectiveness of hacks and scams and the lack of repercussions
Old 09-03-2017, 04:41 PM
Sarnak

But how did eq originally survive? I think it was 10 dollars back then and they certainly had more people working on content... yet they seemed to work for a time. Now it feels like There are more employees at p99 than tlp.

"if the rules are all you use to determine what you should or shouldn't do, you're probably an a-hole" -soup

Hooden • Xegony enchanter '00 - '02 • <Aeternus> from SoD '06 - '07
Old 09-04-2017, 12:54 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
JCR would be fuming that you said that. He continuously stated he didn't pay for more than his first month, he just traded in a krono u guys...your thinking is sooo 2012 omg [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 09-04-2017, 04:32 AM
Planar Protector

poor people are worrying about farming krono vs paying a sub fee
Closed Thread