Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-21-2017, 05:56 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default Why is JBoots MQ so expensive?

Just as the title states. I'm reading up the quest requirement on the wiki and it seems like you just need to catch an ancient cyclops spawn and make sure you tag it first. Is the mob incredibly rare and therefore warrants the 5Kpp price tag?

Thanks!
Old 12-21-2017, 06:06 PM
Banned

There's only one reliable camp and one RNG spawn that is usually won by druid, bard, or Ranger. That drove price up.

Platinum is also easy to come by at end game economy. Many ppl are happy to shell out 5k to j boots their fourth Alt.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:07 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by matjettta [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Just as the title states. I'm reading up the quest requirement on the wiki and it seems like you just need to catch an ancient cyclops spawn and make sure you tag it first. Is the mob incredibly rare and therefore warrants the 5Kpp price tag?

Thanks!
Honestly 5k aint much, they used to go for 6-7k regularly for a long time. It's fairly contested, and rare enough that they will fetch 5k easily still.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:09 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Thanks for the quick responses - that makes sense. Reading the quest requirements and weighing that against 5kpp as a new player drove this question. I'll give the camp a shot when I get to that level. Cheers.
Old 12-21-2017, 06:21 PM
Kobold

I've seen people spend 7 hours on the spawn with no ring, and I've sat at it with 2 cycles and get 2 rings (one for me, and one for the next person in line).

The camp can be nice to you or horrific, plus you should be equipped to kill the PHs fast so you can get the maximum amount of changes on the ring.

Good luck!
Old 12-21-2017, 06:30 PM
Kobold

I've never camped the AC in South Ro, but the one in OOT can be a very rare spawn. The placeholder pops every 6 min and I've spent as long as 14 hours once before Ancient Cyclops pops. I know of people who've spent 16 hours and more, sometimes giving up and never seeing the AC pop. The one advantage imo OOT has is that when it's your turn and your camp, you will get a ring if you stick it out. I've never had the problems about lists and camp ownership some have experienced with that camp and I've probably killed him 40 times or more. The average time for an AC in OOT used to be around 6 1/2 hours. I've not camped him for some time so don't know if anything has changed.
Old 12-21-2017, 07:22 PM
Banned

What class are u OP?

I bought j boots for my first toon bc he was a pathetic warrior and it was easier to grind plat
Old 12-21-2017, 07:54 PM
Orc

My shaman makes SoW potions for all my alts and it's worked out well. Even at 10 plat a charge it's still a good deal. SoW potions are faster run speed as well. Running across large zones, I always have to stop and let my friends with JBoots catch up. It's definitely a noticeable difference in the run speed.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:06 PM
Banned

Yes, SoW pots are underrated. I use them now on my alts. The only time you need the Jboot insta-click is if you're a kiting class and have your speed buff wear off mid kite. Otherwise, just strafe run to the zoneline and resow pot.
Old 12-21-2017, 08:41 PM
Orc

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarlorn [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
The only time you need the Jboot insta-click is if you're a kiting class and have your speed buff wear off mid kite. Otherwise, just strafe run to the zoneline and resow pot.
Hmm maybe for wizards. Druids are the ultimate kiting class and they use the SoW spell.

Using the SoW pots has never been an issue with my necro. It's a non issue for fear kiting, and for agro kiting I've only had to FD a couple times in the life of my necro, where I couldn't cast the potion fast enough and had to flop. The bulk of the time it just means having to cancel a DoT cast to get the SoW off.

IMO with agro kiting, the extra run speed is well worth the hassle.
Closed Thread