Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Blue Community > Blue Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 12-08-2017, 09:42 AM
Planar Protector

You dont even have to "hand off" a camp to a friend to get past a list.

Invite said friend to group, as in "oh hey camp this WITH me".

Leave camp 5 mins later. "lul wife called, car doesn't start at work". Its not a hand off, its a continuation. Not really GM enforceable?
Old 12-08-2017, 12:07 PM
Sarnak

If you want to get a sneak peak at what this is going to look like, watch how Spirit Wracked Cord spawns go once the Chardok revamp drops.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:26 PM
Planar Protector

Implement a token to all magic items like a hidden lore item. If they try to loot another, they get disconnected, but only after a big box flashes on screen stating the obvious greedy gesture and then LD'ing them for a 24 period of time.
Old 12-08-2017, 12:54 PM
Planar Protector

I support a real life intervention for whatever neckbeard that spends a real life week locking down any single camp 24/7.

It is in the long run best interest of the server that these people get help before they lose their jobs and ability to play due to eviction, bill problems, divorce, etc. These accounts, therefore, should be suspended until verification that real life treatment has commenced.

Let's work together to have fun, not ruin our lives due to video game addiction. Also, hugs not drugs. The Chinese government has been successfully helping its people with very similar policies to what I am advocating for here. China is life.
Last edited by fastboy21; 12-08-2017 at 12:56 PM..
Old 12-08-2017, 01:01 PM
Planar Protector

Cool

solution is to not enforce camps. then anybody can get a chance at it anytime and zero support needed ^^
Old 12-08-2017, 01:16 PM
Sarnak

Isn't this non-instanced content that requires perseverance and social engineering to acquire what makes this game great. Otherwise pixels aren't fun at all. I'm surprised to see so many posters with thousands of posts to their names having anti-neckbeard opinions...
Old 12-08-2017, 01:57 PM
Planar Protector

How much chaos do you expect 8 extra people will bring on blue exactly?
Old 12-12-2017, 11:24 AM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhancelot [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I finally get to write it first!!!! Sorry Loramin...

THATS NOTCLASSIC!

Honestly though, I see no way they could enforce such a rule. They already have guide time monopolized by trying to monitor raids, how could they even begin to start trying to watch specific camps in the game?

All this would do is create constant petitions for every camp on the server. They would have petitions sent in complaining about that loser lvl 50 necro that farms orc1 and orc2 daily every morning for 4 hours, etc.

The petitions would never end.
Its absolutely CLASSIC!

The rules on this server are NOT CLASSIC!

I have posted multiple times including one response to Sirken who asked for evidence, and then ignored the 10 or so links I posted from GM's, EQ's Producer Gordon Wrinn, EQ Guides and players in era, which clearly showed there was a no lockdown rule that was enforced regularly - it was called the PnP.

Some people try to claim that it would never work because "lack of staff" however Gordon expressively stated that it did not create any more workload on the staff after the change.

Some people ranted and raved saying it was never enforced but refused to show any actual evidence of that as opposed all the evidence I posted that showed it WAS ENFORCED.

My guess it was the same people that ranted and raved about there never having been a leash in Kunark or later when I first showed with lots of evidence that there had been.

Do a search you can find my post and the evidence - In Regards to Monopolizing a Spawn.

Quote:
Date : 10/03/2000

Topic : Play Nice, Or...

This came of the official EverQuest message boards.
Kill Stealing Policy :

Kill Stealing is now officially defined as Killing an NPC or Mob for any reason, that is already attacking another player. Any player that is caught intentionally kill stealing by a guide or GM may now be warned. These warnings when accumulated, can lead to the player being suspended or banned from EverQuest by a GM.

Play Nice Policy :

Spawns in the game can no longer be claimed or controlled by a single player or group. Whether it is a single or multiple spawn, for an item or for XP, low or high level, all groups wishing to camp a spawn must work out some type of rotation or means to share the spawn.

This information somehow got leaked before we were ready to comment on it, hence it showing up on the boards before we had a chance to talk to you about it.
I'll have a new Producer's Letter up early next week to address the new rules, how they are going to be enforced, and the spirit behind the letter.

- Gordon
Heres the link to my thread, I posted in era evidence throughout the entire thread - https://www.project1999.com/forums/s...polizing+spawn
Last edited by Ikon; 12-12-2017 at 11:34 AM..
Old 12-12-2017, 11:42 AM
Aviak

I've only been on this server a few months but I've wondered why there isn't a rotation for key targets like NToV, Dain, AoW, KT, planes, etc. I guess it all comes down to pixel lust? The highest tier players on the server are finally "at the top" of some aspect of their lives? I mean there is a finite amount of content on P99 unlike on live where the top guilds were working on the current expansion while the smaller guilds could work their way through the previous xpac or 2 and I suppose that has a lot to do with it too.

It just seems like it would be healthier for the server and players to rotate targets. And I literally mean healthier as in you can go outside and breathe fresh air and not have to stare at the screen, because you know when your turn on NToV is going to be.
Old 12-12-2017, 11:45 AM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by lctucker2999 [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I've only been on this server a few months but I've wondered why there isn't a rotation for key targets like NToV, Dain, AoW, KT, planes, etc. I guess it all comes down to pixel lust? The highest tier players on the server are finally "at the top" of some aspect of their lives? I mean there is a finite amount of content on P99 unlike on live where the top guilds were working on the current expansion while the smaller guilds could work their way through the previous xpac or 2 and I suppose that has a lot to do with it too.

It just seems like it would be healthier for the server and players to rotate targets. And I literally mean healthier as in you can go outside and breathe fresh air and not have to stare at the screen, because you know when your turn on NToV is going to be.
Try TAKP - they have all raid targets rotated between 4-5 guilds or Agnarr where Temple of Veeshan is instanced and raided weekly by 10+ guilds.