Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > General Community > Starting Zone

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2018, 03:21 PM
Planar Protector

I would say you can explore norrath with almost anything. Being able to go take a look on your own is neat, but not as much fun as joining or starting up a group to crawl through the dungeon or camp some part of it imo.

If exploring on your own is your gig - rogues if you just want look, enchanter or necro if you want to actually be able to kill some stuff. Rogues can do some exploring that enchanters and necros cant, such as walk up to trakanon (not that he is ever alive). Ench are better at killing things in a wider variety of locations on their own, but necros can FD, which allows a little more flexibility when exploring.
Old 02-12-2018, 03:26 PM
Planar Protector

Ranger is the obvious answer here
Old 02-12-2018, 03:56 PM
Banned

If your goal is level 50 and then to explore Guk I would recommend a necromancer. They get really powerful spells at 49, cool lore, feign death, gate/bind, can solo reasonably well. Enchanter is good also, Bard...on paper sure but in practice I dnt think so
Old 02-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Kobold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxplay [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Enchanter

Go anywhere
Solo almost anywhere
Group anywhere
Bind / Gate
Everyone loves your buffs
This... so much this
Old 02-12-2018, 05:49 PM
Sarnak

Enchanter, but you'll feel gimped at low levels.
Old 02-12-2018, 05:58 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gozuk [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Ranger is the obvious answer here
Ranger is THE adventure class. You must role play it hard tho.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:13 PM
Fire Giant

Another class to consider is an SK. A little less popular than the ones mentioned, but you can solo okay with them and you usually will not have any issues finding a group as a tank. They do not require a ton of gear to do their jobs and you have access to some really nice and inexpensive weapons as the plat starts coming in. Having feign death, invis, invis vs undead means you can go pretty much anywhere. As a tank/puller means you will not just be sitting in camp all the time and you will see other areas while you're exping.

All that being said, If you don't want to tank or primarily group, I would recommend a druid, necro, or enchanter in that order.
Old 02-12-2018, 07:09 PM
Planar Protector

I think people who are suggesting Enchanter don't realize that the OP never played EQ above level 30 and that was a long time ago.

Enchanting when you are mostly clueless about the game isn't getting you anywhere, the learning curve is too steep, it will be a frustrating experience if anything.
Old 02-12-2018, 10:06 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izmael [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I think people who are suggesting Enchanter don't realize that the OP never played EQ above level 30 and that was a long time ago.

Enchanting when you are mostly clueless about the game isn't getting you anywhere, the learning curve is too steep, it will be a frustrating experience if anything.
I see your point, Izmael. In relative terms, the enchanter class is one of the more difficult to play. However, I don’t think learning any class in EQ is all that hard. In fact I would argue that it’s especially easy now with the wiki, guides, and video tutorials that are available. I wouldn’t steer anyone away from the class, but to your point it is worth mentioning that Enchanters are one of the more difficult and busy classes to play effectively.
Old 02-12-2018, 11:02 PM
Sarnak

That's true - it's a learning curve but I guess that's part of the adventure.
Closed Thread