Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 10:36 AM
Banned

Me 2
Old 10-12-2019, 01:32 PM
Fire Giant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am glad to see that the staff isn't trying to take the fun out of the game. There are so many threads where people are trying to clip the wings of certain classes by focusing on the negatives. Most of those issues were fixed within weeks, if not days, of the official launch date and should be considered more of a late Beta patch than the developers intentions. This UI has the feel of Classic EQ without the horse blinders that limited the peripheral vision of the player. Let's not forget the box monitors we were limited to in the late 90s. With all the technological advances made over the last 20 years, such as wide screen in this case, it only makes sense to accommodate for these advancements. Nicely done!
Perhaps, but mousewheel is in another category. EQmac that went to planes of power did not even have that. Its far outside the scope of p99 timeline and would be good to see Green disable it.

The EQ world was built for 1st person perspective from a immersion standpoint, and from a gameplay/technique standpoint mousewheel gives more of a advantage tactically than was intended in classic.
Old 10-12-2019, 01:34 PM
Banned

me b ok with elF FPS agEn
Old 10-12-2019, 01:39 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by sciception [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I am glad to see that the staff isn't trying to take the fun out of the game. There are so many threads where people are trying to clip the wings of certain classes by focusing on the negatives. Most of those issues were fixed within weeks, if not days, of the official launch date and should be considered more of a late Beta patch than the developers intentions. This UI has the feel of Classic EQ without the horse blinders that limited the peripheral vision of the player. Let's not forget the box monitors we were limited to in the late 90s. With all the technological advances made over the last 20 years, such as wide screen in this case, it only makes sense to accommodate for these advancements. Nicely done!
You realise widescreen is actually a detriment in everquest for your field of vision?
Old 10-12-2019, 01:54 PM
Large Rat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimjam [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
You realise widescreen is actually a detriment in everquest for your field of vision?
In what way?
Old 10-12-2019, 02:17 PM
Planar Protector

@Rogean @Nilbog @Haynar @staff

REMOVE THE FIND BUTTON.
That is all, Thank You
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:30 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
@Rogean @Nilbog @Haynar @staff

REMOVE THE FIND BUTTON.
That is all, Thank You
It will still be there. I can potentially discuss with Rogean how to change the functionality back to being the WHO button. But definitely won’t be there for Green launch sorry.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:35 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wenai [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
It will still be there. I can potentially discuss with Rogean how to change the functionality back to being the WHO button. But definitely won’t be there for Green launch sorry.
I just want it taken off the window like how certain options are no longer even in the options windows.
May not be possible but I figured if they can remove options window text/box why not a button. /shrug

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Told this to Rogean, Nilbog & Menden.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:37 PM
VIP / Contributor

Send a message via MSN to Wenai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baler [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
I just want it taken off the window like how certain options are no longer even in the options windows.
May not be possible but I figured if they can remove options window text/box why not a button. /shrug
The original Velious UI had WHO instead of find. So if we do anything to it, I would prefer to figure out how to change it back to a functional who button. But for now it will remain.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:13 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterMcgee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In what way?
The wider you make your resolution, the more top and bottom it cuts off by just scaling up what you see to fill that wider horizontal resolution. This diagram shows the effect:

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Closed Thread