Project 1999

Go Back   Project 1999 > Green Community > Green Server Chat

Closed Thread

Old 10-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesterMcgee [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
In what way?
The horizontal viewport is locked in this game, no matter your aspect ratio. The wider your aspect ratio, the more the game chops off the top and bottom of the world. This effect is more pronounced in 1st person (which green will quasi force with bad/classic3rd person) and I found first person ultrawide unplayable.

Try /viewport 0 0 1920 1080 vs /viewport 240 0 1440 1080 and you can see the diference. You can even put UI elements to the side out of the way.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:42 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by soronil [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Try /viewport 0 0 1920 1080 vs /viewport 240 0 1440 1080 and you can see the diference.
What do you mean, "try" the numbers above? Try them where?
Old 10-12-2019, 03:49 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathrydar [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
What do you mean, "try" the numbers above? Try them where?
type it in chat just like you'd type the /who command.

What these folks are getting at is that when you go widescreen with this client, you're not seeing more on the left and right, you're seeing less on the top and bottom.
Old 10-12-2019, 03:53 PM
Planar Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by dekova [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
type it in chat just like you'd type the /who command.

What these folks are getting at is that when you go widescreen with this client, you're not seeing more on the left and right, you're seeing less on the top and bottom.
I get it. And if that's true, I want to experience it without cutting off the top! Thank you!
Old 10-12-2019, 04:30 PM
Planar Protector

Hey guys!

I just solved a blocker that will make you, extremely extremely, nostalgic.

Been trying to solve this for a while, came up with an idea in the shower, and 80% of that idea worked, and that was enough! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just posting because I am extremely over the moon about it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Ok spoilers, I got spellgem holders working when you put spell gems onto the hotbar. This is extremely good news frendos!

EDIT: well it makes me extremely nostalgic lol no promises for you!
Last edited by Jibartik; 10-12-2019 at 04:33 PM..
Old 10-12-2019, 04:31 PM
Sarnak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibartik [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Hey guys!

I just solved a blocker that will make you, extremely extremely, nostalgic.

Been trying to solve this for a while, came up with an idea in the shower, and 80% of that idea worked, and that was enough! [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

Just posting because I am extremely over the moon about it. [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Cool! Look forward to testing it.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:33 PM
Scrawny Gnoll

Default /viewport

I wonder. Will /viewport be functional on green at launch?
Old 10-12-2019, 04:40 PM
Planar Protector

Correct me if I am wrong but chagning your resolution is the same as /viewport

Like I figured tha /viewport basically just manually sets your resolutions to whatever you want.

I cant really answer, but yes? or no but idk? (I am just figuring out how to get classic UI art in the game) Not sure what the hacky advantages are to adjusting your /viewport? anyone want to enlighten this basic ass everquest player that is not on your hacky level? [You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]
Old 10-12-2019, 04:49 PM
Sarnak

Not quite. Resolution determines pixels in whole UI. Viewport is pixels that the worldview uses. Larger resolution than viewport gives blank area you can drag UI elements.
Old 10-12-2019, 04:54 PM
Banned

wow dat viewport ish is neat

[You must be logged in to view images. Log in or Register.]

**MacBook Pro 15" screen
Last edited by Chortles Snort|eS; 10-12-2019 at 05:20 PM.. Reason: results update
Closed Thread